Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Nov 27, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sammie

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Nov 1, 2012
New state of NM regulations force the closure of two (2) Carlsbad daycare centers

A prime example of government harassment of small business from State and Federal government

City of Carlsbad don't be smug... your regulations are also harassmsnt to small business

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#2 Nov 1, 2012
What places are closing? That is sad and depressing for all who are involved. First people want to have others shop here, then no jobs, and the ones who have a job and need daycare are getting screwed even more. I hope something changes and the families who run/own the daycare can find a way to stay in business. Now many lives will be turned up side down.
Well now

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Nov 1, 2012
I know happiness is closing, but that is because of financial reasons.
sammie

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Nov 1, 2012
Michelewith1l wrote:
What places are closing? That is sad and depressing for all who are involved. First people want to have others shop here, then no jobs, and the ones who have a job and need daycare are getting screwed even more. I hope something changes and the families who run/own the daycare can find a way to stay in business. Now many lives will be turned up side down.
the demo controlled legislature in NM made this happen
if U really care you will note no to all demo, incl obumma
daycare worker

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Nov 1, 2012
I work at a daycare in town and I just want to state it is not all due to state regulations. The new regulations that are taking place at the New Year we were told about 2 years ago and we were given plenty of time to make these changes happen. Aware is closing, and Happiness. The other two daycares mentioned in the article (PJ's and Aladdins) are not closing doors they will just be closing the infant room in their center, basically because drop side cribs are illegal and they cannot afford to buy all new cribs that meet the law for not just daycares but every parent who has an infant because they are dangerous to children.. So this means home daycares to should also be meeting this requirement it is illegal to everyone that's why you can't even buy drop side cribs anymore. Yet as I said above we have known about this for 2 years and were given until Dec. 2012 to do so. Happiness isn't closing because they can't get new cribs because of "Regs" because Happiness does not have an infant room and have not for a few years is my understanding. Yes the state took a percentage of the funding away last year but it has been given back to us... none of the daycares in town should rely solely on state funds seeing as they are only a percentage of the enrolled. Most enrolled are private paying parents. The regs are not there to make life miserable yes they are tough but once you enforce them it goes smoothly... they are there for YOUR child/children's safety. The article makes it sound as though no daycares in town will accept infants after the New Year but that is not the case. Not all places refuse to take infants, I feel that the article in the paper today was extremely negative and makes the daycares in this town look bad. I think that the fact that there were several not mentioned in the article states that maybe they didn't get the opinion of all centers in town, or maybe they did but they were positive towards the new “Regs” and licensing office and it would make this extremely biased article look less negative then they wanted it to. I urge all people who read this article to do a little research on the topic themselves and not take what was in the paper so serious until you are truly informed.
Mr Whipple

Artesia, NM

#6 Nov 1, 2012
What kind of chick says to herself, "Tonight I'm going to get knocked up so that I can soon put the offspring in with the other 'neglects' in some damned daycare center like feeder pigs in a feed-lot while I tend to my EVER-IMPORTANT career."

I guess I'm just from a different generation.
Steve

Hobbs, NM

#7 Nov 1, 2012
Mr Whipple wrote:
What kind of chick says to herself, "Tonight I'm going to get knocked up so that I can soon put the offspring in with the other 'neglects' in some damned daycare center like feeder pigs in a feed-lot while I tend to my EVER-IMPORTANT career."
I guess I'm just from a different generation.
Are you retarded?
Concerned

Carlsbad, NM

#8 Nov 1, 2012
These are the two daycares besides carc daycare tgat i heard are the best. Very very sad. San jose/ pjs daycare is awful. I have seen awful things there by the way.

Since: Apr 12

Carlsbad, NM

#9 Nov 1, 2012
Just typical over-regulation destroying small business,...get used to it because apparently half of America keeps voting for it.
bob

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Nov 2, 2012
daycare worker wrote:
I work at a daycare in town and I just want to state it is not all due to state regulations. The new regulations that are taking place at the New Year we were told about 2 years ago and we were given plenty of time to make these changes happen. Aware is closing, and Happiness. The other two daycares mentioned in the article (PJ's and Aladdins) are not closing doors they will just be closing the infant room in their center, basically because drop side cribs are illegal and they cannot afford to buy all new cribs that meet the law for not just daycares but every parent who has an infant because they are dangerous to children.. So this means home daycares to should also be meeting this requirement it is illegal to everyone that's why you can't even buy drop side cribs anymore. Yet as I said above we have known about this for 2 years and were given until Dec. 2012 to do so. Happiness isn't closing because they can't get new cribs because of "Regs" because Happiness does not have an infant room and have not for a few years is my understanding. Yes the state took a percentage of the funding away last year but it has been given back to us... none of the daycares in town should rely solely on state funds seeing as they are only a percentage of the enrolled. Most enrolled are private paying parents. The regs are not there to make life miserable yes they are tough but once you enforce them it goes smoothly... they are there for YOUR child/children's safety. The article makes it sound as though no daycares in town will accept infants after the New Year but that is not the case. Not all places refuse to take infants, I feel that the article in the paper today was extremely negative and makes the daycares in this town look bad. I think that the fact that there were several not mentioned in the article states that maybe they didn't get the opinion of all centers in town, or maybe they did but they were positive towards the new “Regs” and licensing office and it would make this extremely biased article look less negative then they wanted it to. I urge all people who read this article to do a little research on the topic themselves and not take what was in the paper so serious until you are truly informed.
these dullards cannot understand reason. too bad there weren't more drop-down baby beds and fewer regulations protecting children's safety when THEY were "growing up."
Mr Whipple

Artesia, NM

#12 Nov 3, 2012
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>Are you retarded?
Yes I am.

We were all retarded in past generations.

We lovingly took care of our own kids in our own home and with our own time. By so doing, we forged deeply our family attributes in our sons and daughters. They embark in business or in war with success because of the virtues they bring to bear from dear ole' Mom and Pop at home.
roadrunner suspect

United States

#13 Nov 4, 2012
Get real,regulations are regulations and that's , that. If you run a business you have to abide by them. That's life. Yes, some of the regulations are stupid but a lot of them are for safety reasons. Some are exteme but what can you do about it but bitch. Are you going to change their minds, that's a joke, you do what they say or else, duh wake up!!!!h
yeah

Lovington, NM

#14 Nov 5, 2012
Well outside of daycare, I myself will not or would not use any kind of crib, carseat, stroller, ect. that is used or even "EXPIRED"! Car seats do have a manufactured date, pretty much an expiration date or even recalls on them for the baby's safety. Even toys, etc. may have recalls and or safety guidleines. So if these daycares do not even care about purchasing up to date cribs, etc., then it is best they close down, out of concern for the baby's who are taken care of at these daycares. I mean even food has expiration dates, does this mean these day cares would probably not want to throw this food away because of the lack of money to purchase fresh food! It all comes down to the safety of these infants making sure that there are state regulations to abide by!!!!!!!!!! Even kitchen appliances, cars, lots of stuff have recalls...

Location hidden

#15 Nov 5, 2012
yeah wrote:
Well outside of daycare, I myself will not or would not use any kind of crib, carseat, stroller, ect. that is used or even "EXPIRED"! Car seats do have a manufactured date, pretty much an expiration date or even recalls on them for the baby's safety. Even toys, etc. may have recalls and or safety guidleines. So if these daycares do not even care about purchasing up to date cribs, etc., then it is best they close down, out of concern for the baby's who are taken care of at these daycares. I mean even food has expiration dates, does this mean these day cares would probably not want to throw this food away because of the lack of money to purchase fresh food! It all comes down to the safety of these infants making sure that there are state regulations to abide by!!!!!!!!!! Even kitchen appliances, cars, lots of stuff have recalls...
Who said they did not care? Personally, I think it is a bunch of BS that the government is involved and FORCING the law of changing cribs. Good grief, I have 4 kids, my friends have kids with one having 6, and others have grandkids. Not ONE has had a death with the side drop cribs. All it does is bring in money for the makers of these beds and put those who have to purchase new ones in debt. Perhaps if parents would watch their kids and follow directions on putting things together. Oh, and not wait to fix something if it doesnt work right or feel right. This is just ridiculous for the government to do this.
http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/122560/new_cr...
yeah

Lovington, NM

#16 Nov 5, 2012
All about safety!!!!!!!!!!
Person with a brain

Hobbs, NM

#17 Nov 5, 2012
@ Michelewith1l

Are you serious? If a child dies because of the unsafe crib than they should be outlawed! Your friends were lucky! I have not had one family member killed by a drunk driver but that does not mean that drinking and driving should not be illegal! People should be thankful that they recalled these cribs and accept that people live and learn and what ever we can do to protect and save children is worth it! AND YOU ARE A NURSE? GOD HELP US!

Location hidden

#18 Nov 5, 2012
Person with a brain wrote:
@ Michelewith1l
Are you serious? If a child dies because of the unsafe crib than they should be outlawed! Your friends were lucky! I have not had one family member killed by a drunk driver but that does not mean that drinking and driving should not be illegal! People should be thankful that they recalled these cribs and accept that people live and learn and what ever we can do to protect and save children is worth it! AND YOU ARE A NURSE? GOD HELP US!
Read the comments that are on the site I provided in my last comment. There is a safety risk with ALL cribs. Just because I don't agree with the the crib situation, bring up me being a nurse. Wow, and you hide your name=no back bone, and no truth to your words. If you got to hide on a forum, then your are fake. You cannot live up to your words.

Location hidden

#19 Nov 5, 2012
yeah wrote:
All about safety!!!!!!!!!!
Of course it is about safety and there is safety risks with ALL cribs.

Location hidden

#21 Nov 7, 2012
justin wrote:
<quoted text>
let the rug rats sleep in the floor then they will not fall
What are they? The beds or the babies?
Person with a brain

Hobbs, NM

#22 Nov 7, 2012
Michelewith1l wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the comments that are on the site I provided in my last comment. There is a safety risk with ALL cribs. Just because I don't agree with the the crib situation, bring up me being a nurse. Wow, and you hide your name=no back bone, and no truth to your words. If you got to hide on a forum, then your are fake. You cannot live up to your words.
YOU GOT TO HIDE! BAHAHAHA! You are an idiot! And the stupid "your are fake, you cannot live up to your words" is just STUPID! I still think you are ignorant and will forever question any nurse who is working on me from now on! I will be sure to ask if you work at any medical establishment I or my family go to! It is very scary to me that you actually have a nursing degree!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
March to FLETC in support of undocumented immig... 1 hr guess who 220
Current argus 3 hr Sarah 1
Say it in six words (Jul '08) 23 hr COBRA_Attacks 8,489
Eric Florez Tattoo Artist (Aug '11) Fri mex card 46
Lowes Home Center (Aug '11) Thu Dude 12
Coach allegedly molested teen Thu Old Manriver 67
Equipment worth $40k stolen from Carlsbad work ... Thu Yeah Right 3
•••
•••
•••