Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

I was just kind of curious as to what others thought about the way Biblical Jesus really looked physically. Was he tall and blond or was he short and dark. I know archeologists(SP)have done digs on tombs in ancient Israel dating from Jesus' time and the people entombed were very short, men were 5ft or shorter. I was taught as a kid that Jesus was tall, fair, and blond or light colored hair. I wonder what Jesus really looked like, and I know it doesn't matter, but just curious.

Since: Feb 09

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Carlsbad Resident wrote:
I was just kind of curious as to what others thought about the way Biblical Jesus really looked physically. Was he tall and blond or was he short and dark. I know archeologists(SP)have done digs on tombs in ancient Israel dating from Jesus' time and the people entombed were very short, men were 5ft or shorter. I was taught as a kid that Jesus was tall, fair, and blond or light colored hair. I wonder what Jesus really looked like, and I know it doesn't matter, but just curious.
Jesus was described in the bible accounts....the gospels...that he was striking in appearance...that means he was probably very handsome....and since he was a carpenter....he was ripped....he was a jew so he looked olive skinned....dark curly hair.....and probably under six foot...but with all these descriptions...we have to remember he was the second perfect man.....and had no illnesses going up and no imperfections......this all said...he probably was the most tall dark and handsome man in the world....even ceasar could see this and didnt want to put him to death....
Carlsbad Resident

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

I don't think Jesus was tall do to archaeologic findings. I think there's a website that did a computer image on what Jesus probably looked like from the findings.
Carlsbad Resident

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Look up What Jesus looked like on youtube clip #2 and they have the info.
lady

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

they said he was tall, based on their standards. he might not have been tall to us now days. i agree with elvis. that is a great description. the church has made a habbit of addapting the religion to peoples cultures. like satan. he had no horns in the biblical description, and didnt adapt them until the church was trying to teach druids. they at first accepted god as another of their gods, the biggest in their religion being the god of the forest, with deer horns and legs. so they said... "OH MY! Would you look at that, thats not a god, thats SATAN!"
i bet he was better looking that any of the magic mike characters.
Carlsbad Resident

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

lady wrote:
they said he was tall, based on their standards. he might not have been tall to us now days. i agree with elvis. that is a great description. the church has made a habbit of addapting the religion to peoples cultures. like satan. he had no horns in the biblical description, and didnt adapt them until the church was trying to teach druids. they at first accepted god as another of their gods, the biggest in their religion being the god of the forest, with deer horns and legs. so they said... "OH MY! Would you look at that, thats not a god, thats SATAN!"
i bet he was better looking that any of the magic mike characters.
Where did they say he was tall and handsome? Show me the scripture.
Lori

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

ellvis wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus was described in the bible accounts....the gospels...that he was striking in appearance...that means he was probably very handsome....and since he was a carpenter....he was ripped....he was a jew so he looked olive skinned....dark curly hair.....and probably under six foot...but with all these descriptions...we have to remember he was the second perfect man.....and had no illnesses going up and no imperfections......this all said...he probably was the most tall dark and handsome man in the world....even ceasar could see this and didnt want to put him to death....
You're wrong! Isaiha 53:2 states that Jesus was a homely man to look upon.
Lori

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Carlsbad Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did they say he was tall and handsome? Show me the scripture.
The Bible never states that Jesus was handsome or tall!
Carlsbad Resident

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Lori wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible never states that Jesus was handsome or tall!
I truly didn't think that it did, but thanks for the information.
Carlsbad Resident

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Lori wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of remembered that from bible study when I was a girl way on way back when, but at that time I wasn't interested in church.
I don't think ellvis knows his bible as well as he thinks he does! lol

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Lori wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope ..your wrong......the scripture here at Isaiah 53:2 is talking about the Jews not accepting him....as the rest of the world did not when he was here...."(And he will come up like a twig before one, and like a root out of waterless land. No stately form does he have, nor any splendor; and when we shall see him, there is not the appearance so that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and was avoided by men, a man meant for pains and for having acquaintance with sickness. And there was as if the concealing of one’s face from us. He was despised, and we held him as of no account. 4 Truly our sicknesses were what he himself carried; and as for our pains, he bore them. But we ourselves accounted him as plagued, stricken by God and afflicted. 5 But he was being pierced for our transgression; he was being crushed for our errors. The chastisement meant for our peace was upon him, and because of his wounds there has been a healing for us.)"

The Messianic prophecy at Isaiah 52:14, which speaks of “the disfigurement as respects his appearance,” therefore must apply to Jesus the Messiah only in a figurative way.(Compare vs 7 of the same chapter.) Though he was perfect in physical form, the message of truth and righteousness that Jesus Christ boldly proclaimed made him repulsive in the eyes of hypocritical opposers, who claimed to see in him an agent of Beelzebub, a man possessed of a demon, a blasphemous fraud.(Mt 12:24; 27:39-43; Joh 8:48; 15:17-25) In a similar way the message proclaimed by Jesus’ disciples later caused them to be “a sweet odor” of life to receptive persons, but an odor of death to those rejecting their message.—2Co 2:14-16.
Lori

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

ellvis wrote:
<quoted text>Nope ..your wrong......the scripture here at Isaiah 53:2 is talking about the Jews not accepting him....as the rest of the world did not when he was here...."(And he will come up like a twig before one, and like a root out of waterless land. No stately form does he have, nor any splendor; and when we shall see him, there is not the appearance so that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and was avoided by men, a man meant for pains and for having acquaintance with sickness. And there was as if the concealing of one’s face from us. He was despised, and we held him as of no account. 4 Truly our sicknesses were what he himself carried; and as for our pains, he bore them. But we ourselves accounted him as plagued, stricken by God and afflicted. 5 But he was being pierced for our transgression; he was being crushed for our errors. The chastisement meant for our peace was upon him, and because of his wounds there has been a healing for us.)"
The Messianic prophecy at Isaiah 52:14, which speaks of “the disfigurement as respects his appearance,” therefore must apply to Jesus the Messiah only in a figurative way.(Compare vs 7 of the same chapter.) Though he was perfect in physical form, the message of truth and righteousness that Jesus Christ boldly proclaimed made him repulsive in the eyes of hypocritical opposers, who claimed to see in him an agent of Beelzebub, a man possessed of a demon, a blasphemous fraud.(Mt 12:24; 27:39-43; Joh 8:48; 15:17-25) In a similar way the message proclaimed by Jesus’ disciples later caused them to be “a sweet odor” of life to receptive persons, but an odor of death to those rejecting their message.—2Co 2:14-16.
Where is the scripture that states Jesus was tall dark and handsome as you claim?
So then Isaiah is stating that the Jews and their suffering is the salvation of mankind according to you?

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Lori wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the scripture that states Jesus was tall dark and handsome as you claim?
So then Isaiah is stating that the Jews and their suffering is the salvation of mankind according to you?
i am an inch from six foot....i dont consider myself tall....reread what i originally said......""" ""Jesus was described in the bible accounts....the gospels...that he was striking in appearance...that means he was probably very handsome....and since he was a carpenter....he was ripped....he was a jew so he looked olive skinned....dark curly hair.....and probably under six foot...but with all these descriptions...we have to remember he was the second perfect man.....and had no illnesses going up and no imperfections......this all said...he probably was the most tall dark and handsome man in the world....even ceasar could see this and didnt want to put him to death....""" """"" """i said probably....look up the meaning in the dictionary....and handsome is in the perspective of the viewer...for instance...there were im sure tall black men in africa.....over 7 ft....handsome...probably to a black woman....same with asian or any other race....but my meaning here and indicated in the bible was that he was a perfect man....what does a perfect man look like to you????? quasimoto???...to have so many people follow him....to have let him preach regulary in the temple ...and to have pontius pilate state that he found no sin in this man....meant that he had no deformaties and had perfect symetry.....in face and body.....let me ask you this...do you think that God would have put his son in the body of a pygmy???? its people like you that always want to find negativity in something that stinks up the place....
Lori

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

ellvis wrote:
<quoted text>i am an inch from six foot....i dont consider myself tall....reread what i originally said......""" ""Jesus was described in the bible accounts....the gospels...that he was striking in appearance...that means he was probably very handsome....and since he was a carpenter....he was ripped....he was a jew so he looked olive skinned....dark curly hair.....and probably under six foot...but with all these descriptions...we have to remember he was the second perfect man.....and had no illnesses going up and no imperfections......this all said...he probably was the most tall dark and handsome man in the world....even ceasar could see this and didnt want to put him to death....""" """"" """i said probably....look up the meaning in the dictionary....and handsome is in the perspective of the viewer...for instance...there were im sure tall black men in africa.....over 7 ft....handsome...probably to a black woman....same with asian or any other race....but my meaning here and indicated in the bible was that he was a perfect man....what does a perfect man look like to you????? quasimoto???...to have so many people follow him....to have let him preach regulary in the temple ...and to have pontius pilate state that he found no sin in this man....meant that he had no deformaties and had perfect symetry.....in face and body.....let me ask you this...do you think that God would have put his son in the body of a pygmy???? its people like you that always want to find negativity in something that stinks up the place....
You stated that Jesus was described in Biblical accounts as being striking or handsome, so I'm asking which accounts! Don't you know? It's people like you who read things in the Bible that are not there!
Carlsbad Resident

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

ellvis wrote:
<quoted text>i am an inch from six foot....i dont consider myself tall....reread what i originally said......""" ""Jesus was described in the bible accounts....the gospels...that he was striking in appearance...that means he was probably very handsome....and since he was a carpenter....he was ripped....he was a jew so he looked olive skinned....dark curly hair.....and probably under six foot...but with all these descriptions...we have to remember he was the second perfect man.....and had no illnesses going up and no imperfections......this all said...he probably was the most tall dark and handsome man in the world....even ceasar could see this and didnt want to put him to death....""" """"" """i said probably....look up the meaning in the dictionary....and handsome is in the perspective of the viewer...for instance...there were im sure tall black men in africa.....over 7 ft....handsome...probably to a black woman....same with asian or any other race....but my meaning here and indicated in the bible was that he was a perfect man....what does a perfect man look like to you????? quasimoto???...to have so many people follow him....to have let him preach regulary in the temple ...and to have pontius pilate state that he found no sin in this man....meant that he had no deformaties and had perfect symetry.....in face and body.....let me ask you this...do you think that God would have put his son in the body of a pygmy???? its people like you that always want to find negativity in something that stinks up the place....
You keep saying that the bible says Jesus was good looking, but you don't post the scripture or passage. As for God putting His son in a handsome body, I don't think God really cares what a person's physical appearance is, but the beauty of the soul is what would matter!

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Carlsbad Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying that the bible says Jesus was good looking, but you don't post the scripture or passage. As for God putting His son in a handsome body, I don't think God really cares what a person's physical appearance is, but the beauty of the soul is what would matter!
look i spent two hours lookin for it gave up but ask for help frpm people who have more time than i do. I work miyes in oil fields an noe have less than three houts to grt some sleep so just wait for an answrr ok
Carlsbad Resident

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

ellvis wrote:
<quoted text>look i spent two hours lookin for it gave up but ask for help frpm people who have more time than i do. I work miyes in oil fields an noe have less than three houts to grt some sleep so just wait for an answrr ok
Figures! lol
Hello

Tolleson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Lori wrote:
<quoted text>
What version are you using? I can't find that he was homely.
Lori

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 53:3. In which version does it state that he was handsome?
Lori

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I meant to post Isaiah 53:2 (KJV) where the prophet writes about the Messiah.
Where does the Bible state that Jesus was handsome?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Carlsbad Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Carlsbad People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Carlsbad News, Events & Info