217 undocumented immigrants now held ...

217 undocumented immigrants now held at FLETC in Artesia

There are 126 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Jul 9, 2014, titled 217 undocumented immigrants now held at FLETC in Artesia. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

ARTESIA >> Undocumented immigrants have now been housed in Southeastern New Mexico for nearly two weeks and government officials say there have been no issues to report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Resident

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Jul 9, 2014
These families aren't going home anytime soon if they're seeking asylum here in the States.
Maybe

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Jul 9, 2014
Resident wrote:
These families aren't going home anytime soon if they're seeking asylum here in the States.
These leaches will never go home as long as we feed and house them
Yvonne

Huntington Beach, CA

#3 Jul 9, 2014
Resident wrote:
Is that what's going on here, a semantics game changer? Instead of coming into our country as illegal aliens, they are seeking assylum? What is the criteria for "assylum"? Somebody please tell me.
You sir are an idiot

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Jul 9, 2014
Good thing the Native Americans didn't have the same point of view.

Since: Apr 12

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Jul 9, 2014
They are being processed for deportation as would any other immigrant seeking asylum.

In order to be granted asylum the applicant must prove that they have a legitimate fear of persecution on the grounds of race, religion, nationality, political opinion, and social group and that the government of their country of origin would either be doing the persecution or is unable or unwilling to prevent it.

Almost every immigrant that has ever been caught coming into this country illegally has gone through the very same proceedings.

Some of you people make me sick.

Yes these people need to be sent home and yes our borders need to be secured. That being said show some humanity. Imagine for a moment what it is that they are fleeing in order to risk their very lives on the crossing. Put yourselves in their shoes. What would you do to try and provide a better life and future for your family?

Send them home, but do it right.
Resident

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Jul 9, 2014
You sir are an idiot wrote:
Good thing the Native Americans didn't have the same point of view.
They were too busy killing one another!

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#7 Jul 9, 2014
_Aristotle_ wrote:
They are being processed for deportation as would any other immigrant seeking asylum.
In order to be granted asylum the applicant must prove that they have a legitimate fear of persecution on the grounds of race, religion, nationality, political opinion, and social group and that the government of their country of origin would either be doing the persecution or is unable or unwilling to prevent it.
Almost every immigrant that has ever been caught coming into this country illegally has gone through the very same proceedings.
Some of you people make me sick.
Yes these people need to be sent home and yes our borders need to be secured. That being said show some humanity. Imagine for a moment what it is that they are fleeing in order to risk their very lives on the crossing. Put yourselves in their shoes. What would you do to try and provide a better life and future for your family?
Send them home, but do it right.
Wow!

Are you gullible, naive, or just plain stupid.

Do you really believe these people were able to cross thousands of miles of foreign countries to miraculously arrive at our borders unscathed?

Or, do you suppose, they had government help to "crash" into the United States?
Carlsbad Resident

Carlsbad, NM

#8 Jul 10, 2014
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
Do you really believe these people were able to cross thousands of miles of foreign countries to miraculously arrive at our borders unscathed?
I'll bet on "just plain stupid"! Good point here!

Carlsbad, NM

#9 Jul 10, 2014
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
Be careful, your tin foil hat is getting loose.

Do you seriously think that these people risked their lives for the giggles of getting caught? There are plenty of reasons why they made the attempt. Would you do any less to make a better life for your family?

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Jul 10, 2014
Carlsbad Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet on "just plain stupid"! Good point here!
No one wants to hear from you RACIST!
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#11 Jul 10, 2014
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
A boy sai that his mastra taught thm how to gt hr
Th y jump th trains.
Murof

Artesia, NM

#12 Jul 10, 2014
Bad girl Forum
Sneak past CARC monitor
plays with ipad
Bad girl Forum
Go back to bed

Location hidden

#13 Jul 10, 2014
_Aristotle_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you seriously think that these people risked their lives for the giggles of getting caught? There are plenty of reasons why they made the attempt. Would you do any less to make a better life for your family?
If anyone's hat band is too tight, it has to be yours.

Where were you educated? Kellogg College or Shredded Wheat University?

Where did I say anything about these people risking their lives for giggles?

They risked their lives and limbs because the word was out that Obama was granting amnesty to anyone that could get across the border.

I made a very good life for my family and didn't break any country's laws in doing so.

Location hidden

#14 Jul 10, 2014
_Aristotle_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling someone stupid is now racist?

You must be a (spitting on the floor) liberal.

It is unfortunate you don't share your namesake's sense of ethics.
Mesquite_Thorn

Carlsbad, NM

#15 Jul 10, 2014
http://www.jimstonefreelance.com/scammerstrai...

Ok, I almost felt like I actually needed a tin foil hat today reading the link above, but the scary thing is I have a friend in Belize who is confirming what is being said in this article... There apparently are NGO's down there actively promoting, if not participating, in the trafficking of these people, some against their will. People down there have been saying that something was wrong since late last year, according to what I was told today. This is beyond politics, and I now really do feel bad for these people... they still need to go back, but for an entirely different reason that what we've been told. It's no wonder why they won't let even a Congressman from entering these facilities. If one of those kids told a Congressman they were forced to come here against their will by an American NGO, it'd be a nightmare. They are using defenseless people as a political weapon, and who better to use that untraceable people you can ditch if things go sour and their scheme fails... I am so disgusted I don't even know what to say about this. Call me what you want, believe me or not, believe the article or not. I am not even going to argue this. I have no reason to doubt my friend's comments, and I am so completely mortified at this I have no desire to discuss it. I am just providing the link. Make your own judgement...
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#16 Jul 10, 2014
Murof wrote:
Bad girl Forum
Sneak past CARC monitor
plays with ipad
Bad girl Forum
Go back to bed
Liv thr? Monitor?
What is th rson?
I saw whit womn walking in groups
thr. On of thm skrm at m.
Th y shoul b in a rl hospital.
Th y r ill or abus.

Carlsbad, NM

#17 Jul 10, 2014
Mesquite_Thorn wrote:
http://www.jimstonefreelance.c om/scammerstrainoflies.html
Ok, I almost felt like I actually needed a tin foil hat today reading the link above, but the scary thing is I have a friend in Belize who is confirming what is being said in this article... There apparently are NGO's down there actively promoting, if not participating, in the trafficking of these people, some against their will. People down there have been saying that something was wrong since late last year, according to what I was told today. This is beyond politics, and I now really do feel bad for these people... they still need to go back, but for an entirely different reason that what we've been told. It's no wonder why they won't let even a Congressman from entering these facilities. If one of those kids told a Congressman they were forced to come here against their will by an American NGO, it'd be a nightmare. They are using defenseless people as a political weapon, and who better to use that untraceable people you can ditch if things go sour and their scheme fails... I am so disgusted I don't even know what to say about this. Call me what you want, believe me or not, believe the article or not. I am not even going to argue this. I have no reason to doubt my friend's comments, and I am so completely mortified at this I have no desire to discuss it. I am just providing the link. Make your own judgement...
And now after that link the amount of credibility you have has reached zero. You are spreading misinformation, blatant lies and are flat out fear mongering. The destruction of this country is coming at the hands of people like you, not a group of kids escaping a living hell in the hopes of a good life. You are a purveyor of hate and truly are the scum of this planet. Goodnight.

Location hidden

#18 Jul 10, 2014
_Aristotle_ wrote:
<quoted text>
And now after that link the amount of credibility you have has reached zero. You are spreading misinformation, blatant lies and are flat out fear mongering. The destruction of this country is coming at the hands of people like you, not a group of kids escaping a living hell in the hopes of a good life. You are a purveyor of hate and truly are the scum of this planet. Goodnight.
You have done an amazing job of describing yourself.

You should be proud.

Location hidden

#19 Jul 10, 2014
_Aristotle_ wrote:
<quoted text>
told you...

http://www.examiner.com/article/mexico-made-d...
Carlsbad Resident

Carlsbad, NM

#20 Jul 10, 2014
_Aristotle_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? I just think that people should come here legally. If that makes me a "racist" then I'm a proud one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Strippers at home 3 min Frankenfool 9
City police harassing people 45 min Carlsbad Resident 10
Looking for Jason Walker (Sep '13) 5 hr Helping friends 3
Obama, Clinton arrested for impersonating humans 22 hr Frankenfool Unive... 5
Reverend Dave Wilson Rogers 23 hr Harley Davidson 1
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Fri byebye 8,764
kelly lowe for sheriff Thu Jack Meoff 64
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carlsbad Mortgages