Carlsbad Mayor Dale Janway 'saddened'...

Carlsbad Mayor Dale Janway 'saddened' by police union's vote of no confidence

There are 81 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Mar 12, 2013, titled Carlsbad Mayor Dale Janway 'saddened' by police union's vote of no confidence. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

Mayor Dale Janway said he was blindsided when he heard the news on Friday that the Carlsbad police officer's union had voted been animous in a vote of no confidence in his leadership abilities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

mad man

Lovington, NM

#61 Mar 23, 2013
Ppl need to think wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not get it?? He has threatened to fire them if they don't do what he says. Thank god they are standing up for what's right.
Why didn't they stand up 3yrs ago when these actions took place. They c ould have told the Mayor no and went to there supurior for help or for that matter the union or even the council but instead they broke the law for listening am I correct
mad man

Lovington, NM

#62 Mar 23, 2013
Lmao what happens if the AG does not do anything if I was on that council I would make sure some heads roll for causing this mess and making carlsbad look so silly.
Billy the squib

Artesia, NM

#63 Mar 23, 2013
bdp wrote:
The CPD looks awfully cowardly by having the union vote on this. Then going to the media without talking to the mayor face to face, man to man. There is more to this story than what the CPD would like you to think. What are these cowards really up to?
Q.) Do you know the last time I trused the police?

A.) The last time the police admitted they erred to the press.
realityinjobperf ormance

Carlsbad, NM

#64 Mar 23, 2013
spoke to a cop (union member) he said he was forbidden to talk about the issue

by whom?- the union?

why?

cover up?
Billy the squib

Artesia, NM

#65 Mar 23, 2013
No. Not so much a cover up. Issues like these are usually desguised salary raise gripes or 'Build us a new Taj Majal Police HG or else!' gripes.

I'm surprised you got a answer out of your friend about cop matters at all. Usually, when you ask a cop a question as inoquous as 'have you heard a weather forcast?' he'll get up 2" from you chin and glare at you like you're suppose to get scared and crawl under some nearby rock. This is espically true if you're bald (and he ain't), a male (and she ain't), Anglo Saxon (and they ain't) and not happy-looking in public (which they usually are sice they've just pinned you against a wall and are wearing badges and have the full faith of the local press behind them)

Simple reverse-playground bullies trying to reverse past descriminations, them.
Erm

Carlsbad, NM

#66 Mar 24, 2013
I liked the mayor's column this morning. Felt pretty heartfelt to me. I'm sure, like always, reality is between the two stories, but I do think these cases were examples of him trying to help someone out who may not have a voice, not someone who is family or whatever.

Plus, I'm still just really sickened by a union demanding a resignation of a democratically elected official. If you have a complaint, file it and let the AG's office and public decide.
Carlsbad business

Artesia, NM

#67 Mar 24, 2013
mad man wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't they stand up 3yrs ago when these actions took place. They c ould have told the Mayor no and went to there supurior for help or for that matter the union or even the council but instead they broke the law for listening am I correct
Because Janway wants to clean up the department.....thats why they want him out. He should get rid of the high ups in the department or nothing will get better
reighthemin

Carlsbad, NM

#68 Mar 24, 2013
enougth of the cop union -- bullies all
buddy

Carlsbad, NM

#69 Mar 24, 2013
reighthemin wrote:
enougth of the cop union -- bullies all
a few years ago all of the members of the police union shaved their heads
to show solidarity????

is this another show of solidatiry?

childish, I say

Since: Oct 12

Carlsbad, NM

#70 Mar 24, 2013
on the box wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like Dave Edmonson put you in jail...
Never been even arrested.
Zogbert

Hobbs, NM

#71 Mar 26, 2013
Another story today-Current Argus milking this thing for all it is worth
respected gentleman

Carlsbad, NM

#72 Apr 5, 2013
is that moron daniel vasquez still work for the sheriffs dept???
bob

Carlsbad, NM

#73 Apr 6, 2013
This is why the cops were too busy to do anything about the drug dealers next door even after I called them repeatedly and even filled out countless "incident reports" for them, they still did nothing.
Sounds like they were too busy making a (lame ass) case against our mayor. Wonder why?
yeahbuddy

Carlsbad, NM

#74 Apr 6, 2013
Dear Cop union members,
FYI,

the paper in Hobbs,(News-Sun) reports big new recruitment incentives for cops

If you just can't take Dale anymore, drive to Hobbs - it is only 70 miles East....
Realist

Decatur, GA

#75 Apr 16, 2013
bob wrote:
This is why the cops were too busy to do anything about the drug dealers next door even after I called them repeatedly and even filled out countless "incident reports" for them, they still did nothing.
Sounds like they were too busy making a (lame ****) case against our mayor. Wonder why?
After all of the dark gloomy years under bob Forrest as mayor and we finally have a mayor who is allowing Carlsbad to prosper and the police Cheif wants him out for such a minor infraction, it doesn't make sense. No ones perfect. We finally have a shinning ray light shinning over Carlsbad I say leave him alone. As for removing him from office how soon they forget that he's an elected official elected by the public. We put him there and he will stay.
smitty

Carlsbad, NM

#76 Apr 17, 2013
Realist wrote:
<quoted text> After all of the dark gloomy years under bob Forrest as mayor and we finally have a mayor who is allowing Carlsbad to prosper and the police Cheif wants him out for such a minor infraction, it doesn't make sense. No ones perfect. We finally have a shinning ray light shinning over Carlsbad I say leave him alone. As for removing him from office how soon they forget that he's an elected official elected by the public. We put him there and he will stay.
if the chief is behind this then we need a new chief!!!!!!
fructos

Carlsbad, NM

#77 Apr 17, 2013
is this the same chief that wants the ME to determine if the buried, dismembered body was murder or suicide?

lol
Check your facts

Carlsbad, NM

#78 Apr 18, 2013
smitty wrote:
<quoted text>
if the chief is behind this then we need a new chief!!!!!!
The chief has nothing to do with the union.
really people

Carlsbad, NM

#79 Apr 18, 2013
LEAVE THE MAN ALONE HE HAS DONE GREAT THINGS FOR THIS TOWN BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE HAD IN THE PAST,THE PAST MAYORS IF IT DID NOT LINE THEIR POCKETS THEY DID NOT WANT IT HERE SO PLEASE TELL ME WHATS THE DIFFERENCE....AND THE CITY COPS NEEDS TO STOP WINNING AND GROW UP AND DO THEIR JOBS OVER HALF OF THEM DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THEIR DOING, SO LEAVE THE MAYOR ALONE!!! HE IS A WONDERFUL PERSON AND MAYOR...DO YOUR JOB'S CPD.
Amazed

Amarillo, TX

#80 Apr 22, 2013
What a double standard! Most of these posts talk crap about CPD union/chief/officers not doing their jobs, and readily accept the fact that the mayor over-stepped his bounds.

Being mayor does not make you above the law, and just because you happen to know the mayor should not make you above the law.

I find it very disturbing that most of Carlsbad thinks the mayor should be allowed to override the law.... Kinda scary that this type of corruption is so acceptable in our community!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NFL players not standing for national anthem th... 10 min Maybe White Trash 33
Cavetown gets a starfucks.... 11 hr Gay Guy 41
What Sparked all of this 13 hr Maybe White Trash 33
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Wed _Peach_ 9,524
isa agent Aug 14 None 17
Avalon Ranch, a new drug treatment center for C... Aug 14 Shane 39
Barack Hussein Obama knew of North Korea nukes ... Aug 13 None 28

Carlsbad Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance