Carlsbad Mayor Dale Janway 'saddened' by police union's vote of no confidence

Mar 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Carlsbad Current-Argus

Mayor Dale Janway said he was blindsided when he heard the news on Friday that the Carlsbad police officer's union had voted been animous in a vote of no confidence in his leadership abilities.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of81
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
uh huh

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

mad man wrote:
What about that Union President why did they not fire him when he was banging that sherriffs wife when he was on duty. He must have forgot people get second chances shame shame shame
which sheriffs wife was who banging, and who was doing the banging, and who got sentenced to 6 years in prison for cocaine activities ????
rufus

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

appears the police union is gettin gready like the fireman union....$80,000 a year for watching tv in the fire station

so gready and unfair
bigdaddy

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

the streets are better than when bobby forrest was mayor , forrest didnt want to fix the street so you'd have to buy new tires
\
bigdaddy

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

i personally don'y like dale but he's done good his first year
The REAL Carlsbad

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

bigdaddy wrote:
i personally don'y like dale but he's done good his first year
It's his third year bub.
Mad man

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Phillip Wall was the sherriff like 3-4 of the guys were in on it they all got fired because they were sherrifs not Mr Sanchez though. But ask Danial Vasquez he got axed and was a good sherriff. But good people make mistakes and get second chances. Just like our Mayor should. Who supports those cops around the community more people are pissed about the actions they have taken.
Carlsbad Resident

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

NMNorsk wrote:
Unions suck and only harbor lazy ass I don't want to work entitlement babies. How many unsoiled
Murders do we have? How many dopers go free cause of Henry? How dirty was Dave Edmonson? The mayor has done more for this city than any other mayor. Sounds like Forrest is jealous. Oh yea and how much kickback did Forest get from Sanchez to run his drugs until he got caught? Get a life popo and do your jobs!!
Hmmmmm ex mayor Forest get from Sanchez to run his drugs until he got caught ?
uh huh

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Mad man wrote:
Phillip Wall was the sherriff like 3-4 of the guys were in on it they all got fired because they were sherrifs not Mr Sanchez though. But ask Danial Vasquez he got axed and was a good sherriff. But good people make mistakes and get second chances. Just like our Mayor should. Who supports those cops around the community more people are pissed about the actions they have taken.
what happened to daniel vasquez??
Erm

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Three more letters supporting the mayor this morning. Wanna rethink the whole "taking it to the media" strategy, union?
difference of opinion

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Mad man wrote:
well vasquez had it coming,
discriminated against

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

the alleged ticket fix was 2 years ago...

and the UNION brings it up now

what is your REAL BITCH, mr union guy
difference of opinion

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Mad man wrote:
is that moron vasquez still a deputy??he sure wasnt much of a soldier in the national guard, he even bailed out so he wouldnt have to go to iraq, when everybody else went.
bump a frog

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

I respect Mr. Jamway a lot lot more than Bob forrest. I onced talked to Bob over the phone about a incident I was involved in, hes the sorriest thingthat happened to rlsbad. No wonder this town never grew. Unions? Don`t ask me anything about unions, the whole lot of them are ass Hoes!
We had a problem in our neighborhood a while back. Called the police. Cop was taken away from his donut trip, so he Issued sitations all up and down the street. The same problems still take place, S o b issued tickets just to piss people off.
goforit

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

cops are wannabe seals
out of control
on the box

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

NMNorsk wrote:
Unions suck and only harbor lazy ass I don't want to work entitlement babies. How many unsoiled
Murders do we have? How many dopers go free cause of Henry? How dirty was Dave Edmonson? The mayor has done more for this city than any other mayor. Sounds like Forrest is jealous. Oh yea and how much kickback did Forest get from Sanchez to run his drugs until he got caught? Get a life popo and do your jobs!!
Sounds like Dave Edmonson put you in jail...
Law Dawg

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Many of you speak to something you know nothing about. The issue the Union brings forth is an honest issue which by doing what the Mayor has asked them to do after citations have been written, goes against what they stand for. To Serve and Protect with Honesty and Integrity. Now I'm not saying all police officers serve in this way, but they should. And when they mess up as some of you referenced in your statements they were punished. Why should the mayor be any different? So talk all the crap you want about the Police Department and Unions, but until you've walked a day in their shoes and seen the SHIT they deal with day in and day out I advise you keep your comments to yourselves. It is obvious you've only heard one side of the story, the only side you want to believe. Just remember those no good union officers you speak of put their lives on the line everyday for total strangers like you and me and this is the respect you show them. How do you think the officers felt when they were asked to do what the Mayor wanted? Yeah, be honest the shit goes both ways!!! Stay Strong my Brothers, Justice always has its way of prevailing.
Im not a cop or related

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Law Dawg wrote:
Many of you speak to something you know nothing about. The issue the Union brings forth is an honest issue which by doing what the Mayor has asked them to do after citations have been written, goes against what they stand for. To Serve and Protect with Honesty and Integrity. Now I'm not saying all police officers serve in this way, but they should. And when they mess up as some of you referenced in your statements they were punished. Why should the mayor be any different? So talk all the crap you want about the Police Department and Unions, but until you've walked a day in their shoes and seen the SHIT they deal with day in and day out I advise you keep your comments to yourselves. It is obvious you've only heard one side of the story, the only side you want to believe. Just remember those no good union officers you speak of put their lives on the line everyday for total strangers like you and me and this is the respect you show them. How do you think the officers felt when they were asked to do what the Mayor wanted? Yeah, be honest the shit goes both ways!!! Stay Strong my Brothers, Justice always has its way of prevailing.
Excellent! Best comment on here! Most ppl on here are full of bitterness, believe in conspiracies, and want to argue that two wrongs make a right. They need to Stop making excuses for the mayor's wrong doing! They complain about cops being corrupt and screwing up, but then defend his corrupt actions. I have known about several things that dale has pulled for about 2 years now but defended him and thought he was doing these things out of ignorance and inexperience, When he publicly denied/lied about doing them last week, it changed from ignorance to corruption. He needs to go.
?

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Law Dawg wrote:
Your a police officer.
walter

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Im not a cop or related wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent! Best comment on here! Most ppl on here are full of bitterness, believe in conspiracies, and want to argue that two wrongs make a right. They need to Stop making excuses for the mayor's wrong doing! They complain about cops being corrupt and screwing up, but then defend his corrupt actions. I have known about several things that dale has pulled for about 2 years now but defended him and thought he was doing these things out of ignorance and inexperience, When he publicly denied/lied about doing them last week, it changed from ignorance to corruption. He needs to go.
You can't tell me that these upstanding union police officers have never turned a blind eye ,or just refused to show up for a court hearing in favor of a friend or relative.
realityinjobperf ormance

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

the hand writting was so poor the ticket could not be read...

DISMISS it..........

Fire the cop for poor job performance
(penmanship is part of the job)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of81
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Carlsbad Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Carlsbad People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••