Carlsbad Mayor Dale Janway 'saddened'...

Carlsbad Mayor Dale Janway 'saddened' by police union's vote of no confidence

There are 81 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Mar 12, 2013, titled Carlsbad Mayor Dale Janway 'saddened' by police union's vote of no confidence. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

Mayor Dale Janway said he was blindsided when he heard the news on Friday that the Carlsbad police officer's union had voted been animous in a vote of no confidence in his leadership abilities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Carlsbad Resident

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Mar 12, 2013
This is typical of May Dale Janway, Mayor of Carlsbad, NM.. He does not have a clue as to what is going on or how to run a city. Even his answer(s) is representative of his lack of leadership. Not quit sure what is up with this dude. I hope that the State AG can fix this problem.
?

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Mar 12, 2013
Carlsbad Resident wrote:
This is typical of May Dale Janway, Mayor of Carlsbad, NM.. He does not have a clue as to what is going on or how to run a city. Even his answer(s) is representative of his lack of leadership. Not quit sure what is up with this dude. I hope that the State AG can fix this problem.
Mayor janway has done a lot for the city. This is just a minor thing he has done. You know good and well that the cops themselves has had some people slide by without giving a ticket. As a matter of fact, I know a few people that cops had let them slide by and just gave them a warning . Several times!
Rick

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Mar 12, 2013
[QUOTE who="?"]<quoted text>
Mayor janway has done a lot for the city. This is just a minor thing he has done. You know good and well that the cops themselves has had some people slide by without giving a ticket. As a matter of fact, I know a few people that cops had let them slide by and just gave them a warning . Several times![/QUOTE]
Agreed if an officer lets it slide, he has an insight of the person since they are right there with the offender. But, for the mayor to step in and play like he is a Governor or President and pardon an offender, then that pretty much slaps the face of an officer. They then think what's the use, if the mayor is going butt in and let them off.
Would you like it if you were an officer?
I have no respect for this mayor at all!
Been around the block

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Mar 12, 2013
The previous comments must be from persons under 40. Back in the 70's and 80's, officers were ordered not to give any citations to certain Carlsbad individuals, including the the Mayor. Grow up people, this is nothing new and I doubt Mayor Janway has even done half of what our young police officers have dreamed up about him. As in all jobs, there are gray areas along with the black and white.
infoitur

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Mar 12, 2013
he fixed a ticket

mein got..........
hang the man

grow up cops, and quit whining
Rick

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Mar 12, 2013
infoitur wrote:
he fixed a ticket
mein got..........
hang the man
He fixed a ticket? How do you know that it was just a one ticket? Are you Mayor Janway posting on here?
?

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Mar 12, 2013
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>He fixed a ticket? How do you know that it was just a one ticket? Are you Mayor Janway posting on here?
So, nothing was said at the city meeting.

Since: Oct 12

Carlsbad, NM

#8 Mar 12, 2013
Unions suck and only harbor lazy ass I don't want to work entitlement babies. How many unsoiled
Murders do we have? How many dopers go free cause of Henry? How dirty was Dave Edmonson? The mayor has done more for this city than any other mayor. Sounds like Forrest is jealous. Oh yea and how much kickback did Forest get from Sanchez to run his drugs until he got caught? Get a life popo and do your jobs!!
Rango

Artesia, NM

#9 Mar 13, 2013
Ha, I guess cops don't call in favors for other cops friends and family. lol.I'll be willing to bet ,if you look at the chief or under chief or whatever he is called .friends or family,there will be zero citations ,just a hunch
Ricardo M

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Mar 13, 2013
If any of these accusations are correct about the police and the mayor, then the whole system is corrupt! From the mayors office to the police force.
Said he wasnt Forrest

Carlsbad, NM

#11 Mar 13, 2013
Mayor janway has done a lot for the city. This is just a minor thing he has done. You know good and well that the cops themselves has had some people slide by without giving a ticket. As a matter of fact, I know a few people that cops had let them slide by and just gave them a warning . Several times![/QUOTE]

He has? Like what? name something he has done himself, that was not done by city officials or passed by the council.
Clueless in CarlsbadNM

Carlsbad, NM

#12 Mar 13, 2013
Said he wasnt Forrest wrote:
<quoted text>
He has? Like what? name something he has done himself, that was not done by city officials or passed by the council.

How about his "Bark Park"? Oh wait that was somebody else...
?

Dallas, TX

#13 Mar 13, 2013
Said he wasnt Forrest wrote:
Mayor janway has done a lot for the city. This is just a minor thing he has done. You know good and well that the cops themselves has had some people slide by without giving a ticket. As a matter of fact, I know a few people that cops had let them slide by and just gave them a warning . Several times!"

If it wasn't for our mayor, none of the things coming into Carlsbad would be here. As to our last mayor, would not let nothing come to Carlsbad . He has also attended a lot of events, as to our last mayor did not.
The REAL Carlsbad

Carlsbad, NM

#14 Mar 13, 2013
If it wasn't for our mayor, none of the things coming into Carlsbad would be here. As to our last mayor, would not let nothing come to Carlsbad . He has also attended a lot of events, as to our last mayor did not.[/QUOTE]

You are as misguided as he is if you think this was all because of our current mayor my friend. Severely deluded.
?

Dallas, TX

#15 Mar 13, 2013
The REAL Carlsbad wrote:
If it wasn't for our mayor, none of the things coming into Carlsbad would be here. As to our last mayor, would not let nothing come to Carlsbad . He has also attended a lot of events, as to our last mayor did not."

You are as misguided as he is if you think this was all because of our current mayor my friend. Severely deluded.
Okay, maybe I'm wrong. Then who is bringing new things to Carlsbad. Inform me. As to events he does show up.
Spiro Agnew

Artesia, NM

#16 Mar 13, 2013
infoitur wrote:
he fixed a ticket
mein got..........
hang the man
I'm no fan of Janway since I got tar-feathered on topix for trying to clear things up to the public in regards to the Air-route discussion. I can walk away with my head even keeled at people's acrimony - knowing I'd rather be ME than a commissioner of some sort.

But I ain't no fan of unions. And I ain't no fan of cops. So, when a UNION of COPS (all 66!)vote UNANIMOUSELY against someone.... I know something's fishy.

General George Patton said:
When everybody's thinking alike, then somebody ain't thinking.
walter

Hobbs, NM

#17 Mar 13, 2013
Spiro Agnew wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm no fan of Janway since I got tar-feathered on topix for trying to clear things up to the public in regards to the Air-route discussion. I can walk away with my head even keeled at people's acrimony - knowing I'd rather be ME than a commissioner of some sort.
But I ain't no fan of unions. And I ain't no fan of cops. So, when a UNION of COPS (all 66!)vote UNANIMOUSELY against someone.... I know something's fishy.
General George Patton said:
When everybody's thinking alike, then somebody ain't thinking.
Very well said.
ano

United States

#18 Mar 13, 2013
Full of shit that's what I think. I know dale janway personally and he is an older man with much more than his fair share on his shoulders. The cops need to give him a break seriously
mad man

Houston, TX

#19 Mar 14, 2013
What about that Union President why did they not fire him when he was banging that sherriffs wife when he was on duty. He must have forgot people get second chances shame shame shame
mad man

Houston, TX

#20 Mar 14, 2013
Don't point the finger cause there's always 3 pointing back at you!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Fri Calloradokidd 8,863
who shot trevor eaton? Thu really 1
The Carlsbad scum has taken over the Topix Nov 29 Frankenfool 41
Adult video (Sep '10) Nov 29 Angie 19
Stacy granger Nov 28 Dallas 5
Want to stop riots? Nov 27 Frankenfool 6
The liberals lost a Hero Nov 26 Frankenghoulie 2 2

Carlsbad Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance