It'll be a busy Veterans Day weekend in Eddy County

Nov 10, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Carlsbad Current-Argus

Veterans in Eddy County will have plenty of options when deciding how to spend their holiday this year.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Sanchothegotman

Artesia, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

No communty support for this event from Artesia's fair weather fans!!!!! Ciy Of Champions ???????
Martha Olivares

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Why so much gratitude to men who died going to war. They are over there killing other people.
Murder. Thou shalt not kill. Why not pray that they live again since they wasted their lives
trying to hurt someone else. What a waste of time.
sancho the goatman

Artesia, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Be grateful that you have your freedom & the right to speak your mind. Veterans past, present,& future fought for your rights and freedom. So just say thanks and shut the F up.
Martha Olivares

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

sancho the goatman wrote:
Be grateful that you have your freedom & the right to speak your mind. Veterans past, present,& future fought for your rights and freedom. So just say thanks and shut the F up.
Thank you. My father served in Korea.
They learn to be mean.

God gives us freedom. We live in paradise and we are never happy.
He heals us. May all of those who have died, rise. Thank you God for our lives. We love you. Amen.
who

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Martha Olivares wrote:
Why so much gratitude to men who died going to war. They are over there killing other people.
Murder. Thou shalt not kill. Why not pray that they live again since they wasted their lives
Every post that I have read from you really gets to me. Are you from anoher planet? Please stop being an idiot!
sanchothegoatman

Artesia, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Martha Olivares wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you. My father served in Korea.
They learn to be mean.
God gives us freedom. We live in paradise and we are never happy.
He heals us. May all of those who have died, rise. Thank you God for our lives. We love you. Amen.
God gave us all free will. Evil exist in this world dear lady. And if were not for Men & Women such these you would not have any place to post you own brand of bullshit!
Martha Olivares

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

who wrote:
<quoted text>
Every post that I have read from you really gets to me. Are you from anoher planet? Please stop being an idiot!
People think that evil is from God. Only he knows. They say that an angel was cast out of heaven because he wanted to be God. God gave us the Ten Commandments. These are his laws. Men make up there own.
He hears our prayers and helps us when he wants to. Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.
sancho the goatman

Artesia, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Martha Olivares wrote:
<quoted text>
People think that evil is from God. Only he knows. They say that an angel was cast out of heaven because he wanted to be God. God gave us the Ten Commandments. These are his laws. Men make up there own.
He hears our prayers and helps us when he wants to. Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed ignorance is your only virtue.

Since: Apr 12

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

“The lord your God will drive out those nations before you, little by little…..the Lord your God will deliver them over to you, throwing them into great confusion until they are destroyed……..no one will be able to stand up against you; you will destroy them.”

Deuteronomy 7:22-24

“ Prepare for war! Rouse the warriors! Let all the fighting men drawn near and attack.”

Joel 3:9-10

“ There is a time for killing, and a time for healing, a time for tearing down and a time for building up, a time for tearing and a time for mending, a time for love and the time for hate, a time for war, and a time for peace.”

Ecclesiastes 3:2-8

Before you start thumping that bible to say that ALL war and killing is "evil" you should take a closer look. Ask any bible scholar about "Thou shalt not kill." and they will tell you that it refers to an unlawful killing (ie murder) whereas the bible itself issues punishments of death for many offenses (including blasphemy, adultery and even theft). Too many christians are quick to point out the bloody parts of the koran while ignoring those of their own holy text.

Outside of the actual theology involved here you need to understand that those men and women that have and those that are still willing to die for you do so that you yourself may have and express your opinion. While they (and I, being a veteran) may not agree with what you have to say they are willing to fight and die for your right to say it.

Regardless of what any treehugger tells you there are true evil forces in the world that would love to further destroy the ideals of freedom in this country and go right back to some of the fun days of roman rule by feeding christians to lions,...so stop, think and maybe say thank you to your veterans.
Martha Olivares

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

_Aristotle_ wrote:
“The lord your God will drive out those nations before you, little by little…..the Lord your God will deliver them over to you, throwing them into great confusion until they are destroyed……..no one will be able to stand up against you; you will destroy them.”
Deuteronomy 7:22-24
“ Prepare for war! Rouse the warriors! Let all the fighting men drawn near and attack.”
Joel 3:9-10
There is a a time for healing, a time for tearing and a time for building up, a time for tearing and a time for mending, a time for love and a time for peace.”
Ecclesiastes 3:2-8
Before you start thumping that bible to say that ALL war and killing is "evil" you should take a closer look. Ask any bible scholar about "Thou shalt not kill." and they will tell you that it refers to an unlawful killing (ie murder) whereas the bible itself issues punishments of death for many offenses (including blasphemy, adultery and even theft). Too many christians are quick to point out the bloody parts of the koran while ignoring those of their own holy text.
Outside of the actual theology involved here you need to understand that those men and women that have and those that are still willing to die for you do so that you yourself may have and express your opinion. While they (and I, being a veteran) may not agree with what you have to say they are willing to fight and die for your right to say it.
Regardless of what any treehugger tells you there are true evil forces in the world that would love to further destroy the ideals of freedom in this country and go right back to some of the fun days of roman rule by feeding christians to lions,...so stop, think and maybe say thank you to your veterans.
Thank you for dying for me. Your heart must of stopped a million times. We love you. Get well.
Billy the squib

Artesia, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Martha Olivares wrote:
Martha, I've never come so close to telling someone to, "Go to H7ll!" as I have over your response; knowing that if I were granted my wish the profound result. So saying such a thing is just beyond my strength.

But know this: you rank below any insult I could hurl at you.
ummm

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Billy the squib wrote:
<quoted text>
Martha, I've never come so close to telling someone to, "Go to H7ll!" as I have over your response; knowing that if I were granted my wish the profound result. So saying such a thing is just beyond my strength.
But know this: you rank below any insult I could hurl at you.
I feel the same. What is this lady's problem? She rambles on about nonsense on other threads also.

Since: Apr 12

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

ummm wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel the same. What is this lady's problem? She rambles on about nonsense on other threads also.
I think maybe she has alzheimers or something? I can never understand what her point is.
Cyrus the Virus

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

I've figured it out and we all need to cut Martha a break here. Martha wears glasses.....really thick glasses. You know, the kind of glasses that any of us could put on and read serial numbers off the side of the international space station. Well anyway, Martha dropped her glasses recently and, without her glasses, stumbled forward and stepped on them. Now these glasses of hers will stop bullets from a high powered rifle but the frame itself is not so durable and it bent. Now when Martha puts these glasses on, one side of her face reads these posts while the other side of her face reads the advertisements from Topix. So, poor Martha is receiving two separate messages at one time. Her brain has adapted by mixing them all together and feeding Martha a "story" containing factual information posted by citizens and wild claims of finding a mate, NFL's play of the day, and severe weather alerts - all mixed into one. Armed with this, go back and read her posts and you will start to see that connection.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Carlsbad Forum right now

Search the Carlsbad Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
love 4 hr Just_a_Gay_Guy 8
Suicide 7 hr Mike 37
Carlsbad Caverns: Extra precautions after white... 9 hr Carlsbad Resident 1
Say it in six words (Jul '08) 14 hr Sunshine Weaver 8,367
house for rent carlsbad nm (Jun '10) 23 hr Makes You Wonder 78
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) Thu Joe 221
Does anyone know a girl named Laurie with the l... Thu Laurie V 2
•••
•••