First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ex loyal customer

Euless, TX

#1 Oct 21, 2012
Lucy's sucks
Erm

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Oct 21, 2012
15 years ago just called, it wants its realization back
duhh

Bellevue, WA

#3 Oct 21, 2012
I can't believe you just got the memo. I will eat any other place but there. Just because she moved doesn't mean her food & staff got any better.
expensive

Hobbs, NM

#4 Oct 22, 2012
And its expensive to boot. Who goes there? She thinks she's margarita queen. Nothing special about her margaritas except again the high price.
staff is horrible

Euless, TX

#5 Oct 23, 2012
Her staff (family) is soooooo rude and treat they're customers horribly !!! They charge you for chips an salsa now ... Also we had left the tip cash on the table and I paid for the tab on my card and wrote 0.00 where it said tip since we had left cash well they took it upon themselves to write a 5 in front of the 0 on the tip part so when I checked my statement a couple days later I noticed they added a 50.00$ when we left 20 cash on the table
Ricky Ricardo

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Oct 23, 2012
They should serve chips and salsa....in the nude.
bob

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Oct 23, 2012
staff is horrible wrote:
Her staff (family) is soooooo rude and treat they're customers horribly !!! They charge you for chips an salsa now ... Also we had left the tip cash on the table and I paid for the tab on my card and wrote 0.00 where it said tip since we had left cash well they took it upon themselves to write a 5 in front of the 0 on the tip part so when I checked my statement a couple days later I noticed they added a 50.00$ when we left 20 cash on the table
you've been robbed. if you don't report it , it's what you deserve.
citizen

Lovington, NM

#8 Oct 23, 2012
staff is horrible wrote:
Her staff (family) is soooooo rude and treat they're customers horribly !!! They charge you for chips an salsa now ... Also we had left the tip cash on the table and I paid for the tab on my card and wrote 0.00 where it said tip since we had left cash well they took it upon themselves to write a 5 in front of the 0 on the tip part so when I checked my statement a couple days later I noticed they added a 50.00$ when we left 20 cash on the table
I don't believe that. After you signed and were given a receipt with the amount you signed for they couldn't have added anything to the amount.
LOBO

Carlsbad, NM

#9 Oct 23, 2012
The new place is nice.. Only problem, food is still being served cold.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#10 Oct 23, 2012
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that. After you signed and were given a receipt with the amount you signed for they couldn't have added anything to the amount.
Actually they can change the amount. You leave the signed receipt and they add the total after the fact. Just because she signs does not mean they can't add on to the tip. Now, she should have a copy of what she signed and should be able to show the police "Lucy's" committed a crime.
FYI

Carlsbad, NM

#11 Oct 23, 2012
We've been going to Lucy's for 30+ years and have no complaints. Granted there's been times that the service was really slow but that happens no matter where you go to eat.
We've been to the new location a couple of times and was really impressed. The food is somewhat expensive, but what isn't nowadays.
My advice is, if you don't like the food, prices, atmosphere & service, then don't go there.
Pretty simple.
haha

United States

#12 Oct 23, 2012
Lucy's cant even be considered real mexican food. Most of the food is canned items -.-
Not real sure

Clovis, NM

#13 Oct 23, 2012
YUCK....
yep

Carlsbad, NM

#14 Oct 23, 2012
I haven't eaten at Lucy's in a few years. The food was always good when I went, what got me was the roaches and stories coming from the waitresses who work there. The kitchen is very dirty. Lucy takes really good care of her Ruidoso restaurant and her daughters/grandaughters don't take very good care this one in Carlsbad ..it's sad because you'd think that you could trust family to keep your reputation of being such a good Mexican food restaurant. As for the service being slow everywhere you go, that is very far from the truth. Try eating at the Pecos River Cafe or the No Whiner Diner. Those two restaurants are very fast and efficient with great service. Lucy's goes through waitresses like crazy while pecos river and no whiner have kept the same servers for many years, for the most part. I miss the old Lucy's restaurant that was always clean and well kept. I hope that their new beautiful building somehow encourages them to be better than they've been over the past 5 years. I would love to see them succeed. If you think Lucy's is bad, then you haven't been to Rojas...now that place is a joke!
Lucys is the Joke

Carlsbad, NM

#15 Oct 24, 2012
yep wrote:
I haven't eaten at Lucy's in a few years. The food was always good when I went, what got me was the roaches and stories coming from the waitresses who work there. The kitchen is very dirty. Lucy takes really good care of her Ruidoso restaurant and her daughters/grandaughters don't take very good care this one in Carlsbad ..it's sad because you'd think that you could trust family to keep your reputation of being such a good Mexican food restaurant. As for the service being slow everywhere you go, that is very far from the truth. Try eating at the Pecos River Cafe or the No Whiner Diner. Those two restaurants are very fast and efficient with great service. Lucy's goes through waitresses like crazy while pecos river and no whiner have kept the same servers for many years, for the most part. I miss the old Lucy's restaurant that was always clean and well kept. I hope that their new beautiful building somehow encourages them to be better than they've been over the past 5 years. I would love to see them succeed. If you think Lucy's is bad, then you haven't been to Rojas...now that place is a joke!
I've gotten sick the few times I've eaten at Lucy's and that was over 25 years ago. We eat at Rojas once a week. The food is wonderful, the service good. And none of us have ever been sick from eating there. You've got it backwards, Lucy's is the joke.
shih tzu

Carlsbad, NM

#16 Oct 24, 2012
carlsbad people sick of posting about lucys..............get a life
Ricky Ricardo

Carlsbad, NM

#17 Oct 24, 2012
Rojas and Lucys should have waitresses serve food....in the nude.
staff is horrible

United States

#18 Oct 24, 2012
shih tzu wrote:
carlsbad people sick of posting about lucys..........get a life
Shut up get off the website then
yep

Carlsbad, NM

#19 Oct 24, 2012
Lucys is the Joke wrote:
<quoted text>I've gotten sick the few times I've eaten at Lucy's and that was over 25 years ago. We eat at Rojas once a week. The food is wonderful, the service good. And none of us have ever been sick from eating there. You've got it backwards, Lucy's is the joke.
I understand we all have our own opinions. I've had terrible service eating at Rojas and have waited over an hour for food when they weren't even very busy. I figured when Rojas got new owners that things would improve and at first they did, but the servers are probably their biggest problem. I've seen them walking around texting and talking on their phones while their suppose to be working...doesn't look very professional and I can't believe the owner is ok with that. I'm glad that someone enjoys eating there though, it's definitely not for me...I apologize for putting them down.
Justme

Carlsbad, NM

#20 Oct 25, 2012
Great bar menu but horrible service n food not to good. Old place was too dirty too

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Locals say southern flag not a threat 4 min stinkwhite convict 24
News Carlsbad City Councilman JR Doporto: Build a wa... (May '14) 3 hr Local Caveman 24
Water Park @ Beach - $3 Million 4 hr Annette 5
carlsbad police dept. need help with watching ... 21 hr roadrunner suspect 6
Defund Planned Parenthood 23 hr Carlsbad 3
Canada in Recession 23 hr Carlsbad 2
News Dog-walker rules may be clarified Thu bettybop 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carlsbad Mortgages