Possible Cancer Cluster in Carlsbad

Possible Cancer Cluster in Carlsbad

There are 30 comments on the San Diego 6 story from Mar 25, 2010, titled Possible Cancer Cluster in Carlsbad. In it, San Diego 6 reports that:

We asked your opinions about the possible cancer cluster in Carlsbad. Bless the souls of those who have died of cancer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Diego 6.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Maria Retone

Covina, CA

#1 Apr 1, 2010
We live in Carlsbad within a 3-mile radius from Carlsbad High. We care about this cancer rate in Carlsbad.The state needs to look at the type/kind of fertilizers that were used in Carlsbad High football field. We didn't know where it came from and what's in it.
Leslie

Carlsbad, CA

#2 Apr 23, 2010
Did I hear it right? Is there a meeting on April 28, 2010 7pm at a middle school in Carlsbad regarding the high cancer rate? I was falling asleep and didn't catch the entire announcement on TV. Anyone hear about it?
The Info

Carlsbad, CA

#3 Apr 28, 2010
Carlsbad Cancer Forum
The San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency will be hosting a forum for Carlsbad residents concerned about the number of cancer cases in the area. The forum will take place at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, April 28 at Calavera Hills Middle School Gym (4100 Tamarack Avenue, Carlsbad)
Ell

United States

#4 Apr 28, 2010
Hi maria, Do you think the soil that was removed from the old football field could have been the problem?That maybe its all around still that particular area even though it was removed and the football field was remodeled?I think it contained lots of lead if I remember correctly? I live in South Carlsbad by the campgounds but my kids go to Carlsbad High and is that the area they are talking about? What exactly are they saying is causing cancer and what part of Carlsbad are they talking about? Just curious if you have heard anything. Thanks

“Hey what's up”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#5 Apr 29, 2010
Just wondering if Spyglass Point had any reported cancer cases.
Since it might be powerline related and Spyglass Point is built right next to them.
Lived there in the 90's worried that due to the powerlines it might have a cancer related health issues.
Just wondering any answers would be greatly appreciated Thank You.
Simply direct

Tijuana, Mexico

#6 May 6, 2010
Plot all cancer incidences on a map of Carlsbad.
Julia

New York, NY

#7 May 7, 2010
How sure are we that there is a cancer cluster? I have 3 kids, so if there really is something to be concerned about, I want to know. Seems that like should come first before trying to figure out a cause.

Location hidden

#8 Jun 7, 2010
I investigate cancer clusters and old dumpsites (landfills). Many schools across the country were built on top of old dumpsites, most of which contain carcinogenic chemicals. Does anyone know the previous land-use of the Carlsbad High School property?
CARRIE

Barstow, CA

#9 Jun 10, 2010
oh it's definitely the power lines. There's been enough research done and proof that they cause cancer. That's what's doing it. Can we get rid of them? Anytime I drive under them or close to my head starts hurting a little. And no I'm not a hypochondriac, anymore.

Location hidden

#10 Jun 14, 2010
CARRIE wrote:
oh it's definitely the power lines. There's been enough research done and proof that they cause cancer. That's what's doing it. Can we get rid of them? Anytime I drive under them or close to my head starts hurting a little. And no I'm not a hypochondriac, anymore.
You're assuming because you see the power lines that they are the cause of the cancers. It's important to dig deeper and look at all possibilities. Cancers have been connected to exposure to carcinogens in old dumps and many schools across the country are on top of old dumps. Also, I've found in my research that power lines are sometimes placed on top of old landfills. Doing a title search of Kelly Elementary School and Carlsbad High School would seem like the first thing to do in a cancer cluster investigation.
David Johnson

San Diego, CA

#11 Jun 16, 2010
Water lines Gas lines,Service panels are connected to both.Turns everything into a electromagnetic field.Playing fields, streets,house's.Also power companys put electromagnetic charges on gas lines,they lied to me about that one. Turns my skin real white. What about the rise in skin cancer.

Location hidden

#12 Jun 17, 2010
Residents are expressing concern for the high rate of cancer in and around Kelly Elementary School. Many schools across the country were built on closed dumps containing cancer-causing chemicals. It just makes that the first thing to do in this investigation is to find out the past land-use of the school property.

Location hidden

#13 Jun 27, 2010
How old is Kelly Elementary School?
jcampbell

Carlsbad, CA

#14 Jul 6, 2010
I am 39 years old who lived on Oak St. Down from the high school and I have Lymphoma stage IV.We need to find an answer.

Location hidden

#15 Jul 6, 2010
It's possible that Kelly Elementary School and Carlsbad High School are among the many schools across the country built on top of closed dumps (landfills)containing cancer-causing chemicals. Have title searches been conducted on both schools to help determine previous ownership and whether the properties were formerly used as dumpsites?
kathie

Carlsbad, CA

#16 Oct 22, 2010
PITSfounder wrote:
I investigate cancer clusters and old dumpsites (landfills). Many schools across the country were built on top of old dumpsites, most of which contain carcinogenic chemicals. Does anyone know the previous land-use of the Carlsbad High School property?
chs was built over fields(farm land) and homes.

Location hidden

#17 Oct 27, 2010
Do you know who owned the "Farmland"? Our organization has files of closed landfills that are located on farms and ranches.
Peter Staheli

Australia

#18 Jun 30, 2011
The Evil Wind of power lines
New Science Power Lines and Cancer

Foehn and Chinook are well known natural Evil Winds, as new science reveals power lines join the ranks of Evil Winds

New science reveals that power lines molest people exactly the same way as the electric storms Foehn in Europe, Chinook in America and many other feared positive ion winds all over the world. However, power lines are far worse and that due to the reason, electric storms go away for a long time whereby, power lines can molest continuously.

The positive ion wind power lines produce has the same electrical characteristics as the positive ion charge Foehn and Chinook carry. The positive ion wind from power lines are as well carried by moving air and as far as the smoke of a fire. How far the smoke of a fire can travel is known. Like the smoke of a fire the positive ion of power lines smog is entering residences and fills up any room in it.

Every wire of a high voltage transmission system is just a huge positive ion generator that saturates the surrounding atmosphere. As mentioned before, the positive ions saturated atmosphere around power lines has exactly the same electrical characteristic as the positive ion saturated winds Foehn and Chinook. Foehn and Chinook molest people not so often, the power lines can do it continuously and that makes them lethal. Picture bellow shows how power full the positive ion discharge of power lines can be. This huge power is able to light up so many fluorescent tubes and that all along the entire length of a power line transmission system.
http://www.evilwinds.com/index.html

Location hidden

#19 Jun 30, 2011
I haven't found any studies that connect cancer clusters to power lines. However, studies have shown cancers and other serious illnesses were caused by exposure to chemicals in closed dumps (landfills). Many schools across the country were built on old dumpsites containing carcinogens. Have there been title searches (back at least 50 years) on all the school properties in Carlsbad to help determine previous land-use?
fordsfaith

Newbury Park, CA

#20 Nov 20, 2011
Any new information the Carlsbad High cancer cluster? I'm researching, as I may have another cancer cluster area and want to compare. Thanks kindly

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mary Botto Artist (Aug '12) Sun mark 38
News Homeless on SD streets jumps 19% Apr 30 LUCY JANE 1
2003 Chevy Trailblazer-CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND R... (Dec '11) Apr 30 Andrew 276
News LA Rams Draft Jared Goff Apr 29 Julie Jane 1
News Sheriff Asks for Help to Locate Missing Suspect Apr 26 Lucy Jane 1
News A 1997 Ford Ranger For Riding Fences Apr 26 Lucy Jane 1
News Witnesses Must Produce Child Sex Abuse Docs Apr 25 red blood relative 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carlsbad Mortgages