Carlisle Madam Bessie Jones

Carlisle Madam Bessie Jones

Posted in the Carlisle Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe

Hackettstown, NJ

#1 Feb 26, 2009
Greetings,
I recently started a myspace tribute page for Bessie Jane Jones, the deceased former Carlisle Madam. I also have plans of writing a book with about Bessie, that does more justice for Bessie, than the former book written. I have very limited information to go on. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
www.myspace.com/bessieshouse
[email protected]
Carlisle Native

Studio City, CA

#2 Feb 27, 2009
Joe wrote:
Greetings,
I recently started a myspace tribute page for Bessie Jane Jones, the deceased former Carlisle Madam. I also have plans of writing a book with about Bessie, that does more justice for Bessie, than the former book written. I have very limited information to go on. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
www.myspace.com/bessieshouse
[email protected]
Why would you pay tribute to someone who exploited and hurt many innocent people? Are you just trying to exploit this story and make a quick buck? Please get off it!
former resident

Orangeburg, SC

#3 Jul 17, 2009
Who did Besse actually hurt???
former resident

Orangeburg, SC

#4 Jul 17, 2009
Who did Besse actually hurt??? No one that i know of. She was a kind woman, and would talk to all of us kids growing up.
Carlisle Native

Santa Ana, CA

#6 Aug 1, 2009
former resident wrote:
Who did Besse actually hurt??? No one that i know of. She was a kind woman, and would talk to all of us kids growing up.
She talked to you kids because she was planting the seed for you to be customers (or employees, if girls) in the future, you dolt! Business is business.
Joe

Fort Wayne, IN

#7 Jan 15, 2010
Carlisle Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you pay tribute to someone who exploited and hurt many innocent people? Are you just trying to exploit this story and make a quick buck? Please get off it!
Sounds like you prefer a bible over the book "Bessie's House" that was written about her, because you can tell you never read it, because you do not know the facts.(Hey everybody, don't you hate it when people get on these forums and spew negativity about something they know nothing about?) She was a smart business woman that gave back to the community. Sure, what she did was illegal. But I never heard of her hurting anybody. The only person that got hurt was her. My motive for writing a book about her was not to make a quick buck, but because the last book written was more focused on the accused murderer, and not Bessie herself. I wanted people to know more background on Bessie herself. However since then I have done extensive research to no avail as far as finding out more background about Bessie. Therefore I have abandoned the concept of writing a book about her, and adopted the concept of my band writing a "song" about her. It will be entitled "Bessie". And hey Carlisle Native, you are right about me wanting to pay tribute to Bessie. But you are wrong about me wanting to make a quick buck.
The song will probably make $5.95 if that and if it does, I will buy flowers for her grave, keep the receipt, scan it, and copy and paste it on here for your viewing pleasure. Good day.
Carlisle Native

Burbank, CA

#8 Jan 16, 2010
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you prefer a bible over the book "Bessie's House" that was written about her, because you can tell you never read it, because you do not know the facts.(Hey everybody, don't you hate it when people get on these forums and spew negativity about something they know nothing about?) She was a smart business woman that gave back to the community. Sure, what she did was illegal. But I never heard of her hurting anybody. The only person that got hurt was her. My motive for writing a book about her was not to make a quick buck, but because the last book written was more focused on the accused murderer, and not Bessie herself. I wanted people to know more background on Bessie herself. However since then I have done extensive research to no avail as far as finding out more background about Bessie. Therefore I have abandoned the concept of writing a book about her, and adopted the concept of my band writing a "song" about her. It will be entitled "Bessie". And hey Carlisle Native, you are right about me wanting to pay tribute to Bessie. But you are wrong about me wanting to make a quick buck.
The song will probably make $5.95 if that and if it does, I will buy flowers for her grave, keep the receipt, scan it, and copy and paste it on here for your viewing pleasure. Good day.
You are quite mistaken, and I know what we all knew in Carlisle about Bessie. Your basic stance is that what she did never hurt anyone. Mine is just the opposite. "Smart business woman" and "giving back to the community" aside, what she engaged in was exploitative. Calling prostition a victimless crime is what I cannot agree with, as I have seen what it does to people. To romanticize it is ethically wrong, in my opinion.
Joe

Fort Wayne, IN

#9 Jan 21, 2010
Thats cool. You are very much entitled to your opinion as I am mine. We can agree to disagree. The crime of prostitution can victimize in a lot of situations. Did it in this one? And if so, how much?
It sure did back in the early 90's in Harrisburg when that prostitute that was HIV positive had hundreds of johns. But of course that is not the case here. I personally think prostitution should be legalized if it can be safe and controlled somehow like in Vegas and it has been statistically
proven that in areas it is legalized, it has lowered the number of sex crimes such as rape, pedophilia, etc.
Carlisle Man

Mount Holly Springs, PA

#10 Jan 23, 2010
Bessie ,very nice lady.Work for her when I was 14 yr old, My house was the next street over.She did,nt hurt anyone. People hurt her many a time.Than killed Her.Hiv in Harrisburg in the 90,s was very little. Joe hope you write a good song about Bessie,and make Big Bucks. Your not wrong,and Bessie was,nt wrong. God Bless , Bessie.
Joe

Fort Wayne, IN

#12 Jan 25, 2010
Thank you Carlisle Man. Wonder if you were the one mentioned in the book that used to go over there and do her floors? My fiance and I have begun the lyrical writing process for the song. You sound like somebody we might want to talk to in regards to further background research on her.
little late here

Mechanicsburg, PA

#13 Dec 12, 2010
It's a story I'd like to know more about...it's interesting as local history, if nothing else. I can't say I object to anyone making a buck out of a lot of hard research, either...and I'm glad that people have researched and written about topics without being censored for the morality of the subject matter.
katherine

Carlisle, PA

#14 Dec 18, 2010
maybe if we had a lady like this yet, there would be less rape and sex effenders in our town, i think there should be a maddem that would keep women safe and there would be death and, and then mem would not go after little girls, and stock women . what betty did she keep it clean, there was no murders or rape, she wad a good woman. i never seen her but what i herd she was clean and nice.
Lewis

AOL

#15 Jan 23, 2011
my father took me to bessie's at the age of 16, he went there since he was 14 when someone he worked for took him. she was great and her house was like going to grandmom's..very nice experience

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#16 Jan 26, 2011
Lewis wrote:
my father took me to bessie's at the age of 16, he went there since he was 14 when someone he worked for took him. she was great and her house was like going to grandmom's..very nice experience
What, you had sex with your grandmom?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#17 Jan 26, 2011
Lewis wrote:
my father took me to bessie's at the age of 16, he went there since he was 14 when someone he worked for took him. she was great and her house was like going to grandmom's..very nice experience
I heard that Bessie could suck a golfball through a garden hose.
Age of Aquarius

Carlisle, PA

#18 Jan 26, 2011
Back in the late 60's me and some hippie friends of mine drove our VW bus to Carlisle from State College so we could protest at the War College. Some local beatniks told us about Bessie's place and gave us directions to her rundown brothel. Needless to say we had a great time banging the hell out of ole Bessie and her girls. They were into doing some real nasty stuff with us but it was all good. Those were some really good times back then.
Doogie

Mount Holly Springs, PA

#19 Apr 10, 2011
What an idiot! you're going to actually write a book or a song on a women that ran a prostitution ring! Holy shit you're freakin stupid! You do know it was illeagle right? I think I'll write a book on people robbing banks because they gave back to there community by spending the money they stole and paid taxes on the good they bought! LOl, hey they gave back to there comunity! Oh yea and they made profit for the guy they bought the guns from, and paid taxes on that also! LOL, oh yea and they didn't hurt anyone they did good for there community, they probably gave some of it to people on assistance that would not get a real job! Dude you're a Freakin idiot, and you bust on the other guy becuase he does not know anything about bessie, but in return you are trying to find information out on bessie because you know nothing about here, well it sounds like you're the idiot and you know nothing about her! I can't belive that this guy is this stupid really she didn't hurt anyone??? spreading disease and she did have a few diseases over time and so did her girls. Also having sex with young boys for money, which is statuatory rape also!!! Oh yea she was great she was a nice lady, you're an idiot!!! Maybe you're having so much trouble finding good things to say about her because there was vary little to find! And I'm sure you might find a few good things to say about anyone, but the bad will severely outweight the good on her! Statuatory Rape, illeagle prostitution of herself, and prostituing others, including young girls! You should be ashamed to compare this to the bible you idiot!
BJ and the Bear

Carlisle, PA

#20 Apr 10, 2011
Joe wrote:
Greetings,
I recently started a myspace tribute page for Bessie Jane Jones, the deceased former Carlisle Madam.
Bessie Jane aka BJ, could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch back in the day. It's a crying shame that BJ died along with her business because Carlisle could really use a good whorehouse in these tough economical times.
Harold

Greencastle, PA

#21 Aug 9, 2011
for several years I did plumbing work in the Carlisle area. I had the pleasure to work on Bessie's furnace. When presented with the check to pay the bill, she told me to go back and tell the boss that "she litterly had to work her ass off for that money". I laughed my way back to the shop that day..........
John

Carlisle, PA

#22 Aug 13, 2011
Carlisle could really use a good brothel to bring money into our fine community just like the car shows do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) 12 hr Philly Landlord 91
News PA Turnpike considers going cashless (Jul '12) Nov 27 Craig 3
News PA Lottery Powerball Ticket Worth $100,000 Sold... Oct '16 Anonymous 3
Mary jane. Sep '16 adam15 5
Help finding property Jul '16 Clementine 1
News Mechanicsburg man charged after hit-and-run (Jun '16) Jun '16 Barry 1
News Former Carroll Valley officer charged with corr... (Feb '14) May '16 Davenport 15

Carlisle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carlisle Mortgages