Springboro schools threat safety plan...

Springboro schools threat safety plan gets look

There are 33 comments on the WHIO story from Feb 21, 2013, titled Springboro schools threat safety plan gets look. In it, WHIO reports that:

A Springboro school committee formed in the wake of the fatal shootings at the Sandy Hook Elementary School met Thursday evening to review the school district's readiness to deal with a similar emergency.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHIO.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
reality

Girard, OH

#1 Feb 22, 2013
Keep up the good work Jim.
Signals

Youngstown, OH

#2 Feb 22, 2013
reality wrote:
Keep up the good work Jim.
So funny, Jim, that you feel the need to pat yourself on the back! Your committee is a joke! Where is the ClearCreek Fire Department, the ClearCreek Police or Warren County Sheriff representation??? All of these first responders would and should be involved???
Thank You

Piqua, OH

#3 Feb 22, 2013
Signals wrote:
<quoted text>
So funny, Jim, that you feel the need to pat yourself on the back! Your committee is a joke! Where is the ClearCreek Fire Department, the ClearCreek Police or Warren County Sheriff representation??? All of these first responders would and should be involved???
In appreciation to Springboro board member Jim Rigano and the school committee, Thank you for serving our schools and community.
Please know that there are many concerned citizens throughout our school district that take very seriously this school safety issue; and feel that we also serve as first responders to crisis by FIRST praying for God's wisdom for our school/community leadership in all decisions made. May God Bless you and your school safety committee's best efforts to the good and well-being of our school children and community. Thank you.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#5 Feb 23, 2013
Thank You wrote:
<quoted text>
In appreciation to Springboro board member Jim Rigano and the school committee, Thank you for serving our schools and community.
Please know that there are many concerned citizens throughout our school district that take very seriously this school safety issue; and feel that we also serve as first responders to crisis by FIRST praying for God's wisdom for our school/community leadership in all decisions made. May God Bless you and your school safety committee's best efforts to the good and well-being of our school children and community. Thank you.
Where was your god when the kids were killed ?

reality

Girard, OH

#6 Feb 23, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Where was your god when the kids were killed ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =62Qfbrc1jdoXX
Leave "God" out of this, please!

On Dec 14, 2012 why wasn't teacher/staff concealed carry in Newtown CT to act as a deterrent to the potential of a gun attack?

Don't Tread On Me

#7 Feb 23, 2013
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
On Dec 14, 2012 why wasn't teacher/staff concealed carry in Newtown CT to act as a deterrent to the potential of a gun attack?
Your the one who brought god in to it.

Are you nuts ?
reality

Girard, OH

#8 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>Your the one who brought god in to it.
Are you nuts ?
I posted "good", not "god".
lol!

Don't Tread On Me

#9 Feb 23, 2013
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted "good", not "god".
lol!
Now tell me your not one person using two names.
reality

Girard, OH

#10 Feb 23, 2013
One Nation Under God

Piqua, OH

#11 Feb 24, 2013
Our one true God Is Everywhere....

including in our prayers in the public schools boardroom at every public meeting when we all stand together and offer up Our Prayer to Our One True God.

One Nation under God, indivisible....

Let us not, in our earthly ignorance, try to blame God for the hostile division of people across our nation; who are strongly divided by the political agendas of TWO very different political parties.

May God Bless You, and May God Bless our community leaders with true wisdom as they struggle to lead BOTH political parties to do what is best for the safety of our schools and community, without politically campaigning for what is best for their chosen politics.
One Nation Under God

Piqua, OH

#12 Feb 24, 2013
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse Me, Your Second Amendments Right to own firearms are respected; but YOU can't leave OUR God out of My America, land of the free!
Not Smart

Piqua, OH

#13 Feb 24, 2013
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
What a stupid question to post; but let's have a little fun with ridicule!

OK - let's suppose the teacher/staff was armed in Newtown CT;

Now, based on the vp's suggestion in the TV news, citizens at home who fear for their safety should buy themselves a shotgun that fires only two shots; then if citizens feel threatened by outside potential attackers, they should go outside and fire two rounds.
Hmm... now are we supposed to arm our teachers with the same deterrent to the potential gun attack on our children/staff at school as is suggested we do at home to protect children and adults at home? Or should we have special gun rights for teachers in the classroom? How many shots can the firearm concealed by the classroom teacher/staff fire at the potential attacker? Can we pass new gun legislation that will assure us that crazed gunmen running into our schools will "play fair" and not arm themselves with weapons that "fires more shots" than the conceal and carry weapon of the teacher?

Don't Tread On Me

#14 Feb 24, 2013
One Nation Under God wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse Me, Your Second Amendments Right to own firearms are respected; but YOU can't leave OUR God out of My America, land of the free!
Good luck with that.

You have freedom of religion .

Have fun fighting over who's god is god.
Just Silly

Piqua, OH

#15 Feb 24, 2013
<quoted text>Good luck with that.
You have freedom of religion .
Have fun fighting over who's god is god.
How silly. It apears you suggest that "your America" is all about "fighting" over which politicians and educators will be given god-like powers as saviors with "guns" protecting our children in their classrooms with a union teacher!
LOL!...Where else but in the boro union masters hall will you find the SEA political agenda of "fighting" over "who's god..?

Bless you, my friend across the aisle.

Don't Tread On Me

#16 Feb 24, 2013
Just Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
How silly. It apears you suggest that "your America" is all about "fighting" over which politicians and educators will be given god-like powers as saviors with "guns" protecting our children in their classrooms with a union teacher!
LOL!...Where else but in the boro union masters hall will you find the SEA political agenda of "fighting" over "who's god..?
Bless you, my friend across the aisle.
I have never suggested anything of the kind.

I will tell you that I bow to no man or god.
How Silly

Piqua, OH

#17 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>I have never suggested anything of the kind.
I will tell you that I bow to no man or god.
Lighten up... my friend, different strokes for different folks!
My apology if my "cynicism" offended.

Let's all agree to disagree; but no need to be argumentative.

...This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it...Psalm 118:24
It Is Written

Piqua, OH

#18 Feb 25, 2013
Our GOD The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit is not lost.

...All we like sheep have gone astray; we have all turned to our own way....(Isaiah 53:6)

Don't Tread On Me

#19 Feb 25, 2013
How Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Lighten up... my friend, different strokes for different folks!
My apology if my "cynicism" offended.
Let's all agree to disagree; but no need to be argumentative.
...This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it...Psalm 118:24
Who?

Don't Tread On Me

#20 Feb 25, 2013
It Is Written wrote:
<quoted text>
Our GOD The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit is not lost.
...All we like sheep have gone astray; we have all turned to our own way....(Isaiah 53:6)
Your the sheep following your shepherd.
bodhisattva

Girard, OH

#21 Feb 25, 2013
One Nation Under God wrote:
<quoted text>
Pompous idiot! What right do you think you have to assume everyone else shares in the same beliefs, and the same "God" as you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 21 hr peter pan 31,820
Steven Hartman (Sep '13) May 30 AUSTIN CALHOUN 8
New High School Vice Principal - Another Reason... (Sep '10) May 30 Hughes Regime II 17
Trinity Manor Apartments May 25 Jon 1
How is the Revenue Collection Working Out? May 23 Openyoureyes 2
looking for (Sep '11) May 21 Topdog 2
Keshia Callahan May 20 honey 2
More from around the web

Carlisle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]