U.S. rep. candidate Golnik, of Carlis...

U.S. rep. candidate Golnik, of Carlisle, went eight years witho...

There are 43 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Apr 23, 2010, titled U.S. rep. candidate Golnik, of Carlisle, went eight years witho.... In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Jon Golnik, a Republican candidate for Congress in the 5th District, went more than eight years without voting, which could leave a black mark on a young campaign that has some GOP circles buzzing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
More Questions

Billerica, MA

#41 Apr 30, 2010
Here it is wrote:
"Interested party" is ABSOLUTELY right, "More Questions"...How do you know he has millions, or hundreds of Thousand, or pennies? How do you know what position he held with AIG, Janitor or King Maker? That is a Typical Dem talking point "OHHH my he made money" Tsongas is the only multi millionaire in this race, where did she get that? and why is it O.K. for a Dem to be filthy rich, making $$ in all kinds of ways! but a R who works? OH my he has a 100K to lend his campaing he is rich!? PLEASE get a life. Bewteen 2000 and 2008 I voted twice and the last Bush election I voted for myself. BUSH is the main reason we have NO-BAMA and we had the first bailout..
Gee I don't think it's Rocket Science to think anyone with $100,000.00 to give to his campaign is probably a millionare

Next I don't know what position he held at AIG,(Do You?) but he conveniently forgot to mention he worked there,("currency trader in New York and Boston") in his BIO. Maybe he thought it wasn't good. Strange though that he almost left college because of money but has all this money 16 years later. Hey I don't care how much money the guy has, but if he made it at AIG, a company our billions of tax dollars had to be wasted on, he should explain.

As far as taking a walk in voting, that is inexcusable for anyone that now wants to be elected to Congress. Missing one vote two votes or 5 may be small but he missed them all. He didn't bother to vote for eight years,he never was a Selectman, School Committeeman, probably never attended a Town Meeting and now he's the best Republicans can come up with.

Any person seeking election to Congress, especially a person with no track record of elected office, voting or partaking in town government should be an open book.

Mr. Golnik may be a good man but he has done nothing to give a voter confidence that he will be a good Congressman.

Having money, coming from a political family and working on Wall Street isn't a good reference.

Mr. Golnik is an unknown with lots of money and a person that couldn't be bothered to vote.
More Questions

Billerica, MA

#42 Apr 30, 2010
Interested Party wrote:
Ok, so now people decide to spread crap about some of the other candidates and committees. Good move folks. Destroy the rest of the field because your guy has a serious issue, made it public, and people are now discussing whenther or not it matters to them !
Typical republican insider garbage that has cost them elections over the last twenty years. Enjoy your shootout in the lifeboat !

This should be a wakeup call to all Republican and Independent candidates for High Office.

If you have anything in the closet, anything that may be considered negative, or anything that can be used against you. TELL IT NOW. Even if you donít, people will make stuff up.

Once the nomination is won, there will be smear people that will expose all your warts. The SEIU, the Democratic Congressional Committee, the Nikki Tsongas Committee, every whacko Liberal group and most importantly the Boston Globe, will leave no stone unturned to make sure you donít get elected. They will spend millions.

You will have week after week of Op-Eds from the Boston Globe, to take any possible vote from you.

The Globe has continually left no stone unturned to make sure only Democrats are elected. They smeared Mitt Romney, they even did story after story, about how bad Scott Brown was, and he was Mr. Clean

The Globe did article after article to get John McCain the nomination, They did this to make sure Romney couldnít win New Hampshire. Once McCain got the nomination he was demonized article after article, op-ed after op-ed. This is how they play the game and its big money to them.

So Republicans, if you really want to win, you better get Mister Clean, because it will be open season on Republicans after the Primaries.

Thatís just the way it is in Massachusetts.

Nikki is a goner, unless we nominate a person that has problems. Not Voting and AIG are just a small part of what they will use on Golnik or whoever.
Iron Mike Farquhar

Leominster, MA

#43 Jul 10, 2010
Well I made all the allaegations, but I forgot to vote also, except for the time in 2006 where I pulled a Democrat ballot, But you are only supposed to listen to me, not actually check any of my rants!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Watch out for Carl Z on Acton Roads! Mar 16 SheKnows 15
News Ted Nugent Suggests He's Ready For Armed Revolt... (Jan '13) Mar 15 tednugent4potus2020 34
Billerica Forum (Apr '14) Mar 11 Sully 7
Low Frequency Hum - Industrial Noise? (Mar '10) Mar 11 Sfatnight 59
News Billerica neighbors fret over Turnpike work Mar 2 hammerhead 1
News Student denies assault on teacher at Chelmsford... (Sep '10) Feb '18 Brimstone 35
News Cross a donkey with a miniature horse and what ... (Apr '08) Jan '18 anon 35

Carlisle Jobs

Personal Finance

Carlisle Mortgages