U.S. rep. candidate Golnik, of Carlis...

U.S. rep. candidate Golnik, of Carlisle, went eight years witho...

There are 43 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Apr 23, 2010, titled U.S. rep. candidate Golnik, of Carlisle, went eight years witho.... In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Jon Golnik, a Republican candidate for Congress in the 5th District, went more than eight years without voting, which could leave a black mark on a young campaign that has some GOP circles buzzing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
pro lowell

Louisville, KY

#1 Apr 23, 2010
so what! he still as qualified as our current rep who's only claim to fame is her last name.
Gran Torino

Gloucester, MA

#2 Apr 23, 2010
Yep. Some role model...you can really trust this one...not. Take a hike, dude.
Disgusted

Westford, MA

#3 Apr 23, 2010
Another useless pol that needs to get booted in November
liberty

Dracut, MA

#4 Apr 23, 2010
At least he lives in the district. That is more than carpet bagger Tsongas can say. She hasn't lived in the district since her husband died.
NAVJO

Somerville, MA

#5 Apr 23, 2010
How mant times has nicola voted in this
district--she lived in Charlestown with her
boyfriend then moved back to Lowell to run for
the seat. go golnick!!!
TAXPAYER

Andover, MA

#6 Apr 23, 2010
I'm a democrat and he still gets my vote. Best of luck in your new hopefully private sector career Niki.
WallyTheWonder

Brookline, NH

#7 Apr 23, 2010
While I am a Sam Meas supporter myself, I don't see this as a big deal. This strikes me as the Lowell Sun trying to discredit a viable opponent to their Niki.
Alan Linkevich

Salem, MA

#8 Apr 23, 2010
Jon Golnik = Deval Patrick: Yes we can! But umm, you do it for me, I'm too busy and important to be bothered with voting. Deval was 3 for 10 in his previos voting opportunities.
Billerica Native

Tewksbury, MA

#9 Apr 23, 2010
What difference does this make whether or not he is the best candidate? Look at the election cycles he missed, did anyone in that bunch excite you? Romney stuck us with RomneyCare and a billion dollar in the hole program, McCain was a terrible candidate. Right now, Golnik is the best chance to beat Tsongas. He is smart enough, knows the issues, has surrounded himself with people that know how to win and how to prepare, and most importantly he seems like a geniune honest man....hell I could be wrong but you gotta go with something.
Smear campaign

United States

#10 Apr 23, 2010
Well at least it's out in the open now - the sleazeballs in the Westford RTC have been engaged in a whispering campaign against the guy and his voting record for months... It's not that big a deal.
Interested Party

Haverhill, MA

#11 Apr 23, 2010
Well, it shows that the guy gave up when the going got tough. He knows he should have - well, why didn't you ?
time2go

Lowell, MA

#12 Apr 23, 2010
I don't agree with not voting, but you have a Congresswoman that votes in Washington for only what her party wants, not her constituents. I say give this guy a chance and follow him until November. One thing is for sure, Ms. Tsongas will not be re-elected in November.
WestfordVoter

Concord, MA

#13 Apr 23, 2010
Smear campaign wrote:
Well at least it's out in the open now - the sleazeballs in the Westford RTC have been engaged in a whispering campaign against the guy and his voting record for months... It's not that big a deal.
Wow! I learn something new every day. Here I've been an active member of the Westford RTC for the past 20 years and this is the first I've heard of this. I guess I better get busy and start whispering.
Angel

Tewksbury, MA

#14 Apr 23, 2010
I e-mailed him on the issues when he announced his candidacy. He never bothered getting back to me.

Jon, pal, if you wanna represent your future constituents, you've gotta TALK to them!

Niki's out, that's for sure; time to take a look at Meas. Jon ain't cutting the mustard.
Ballyvaughan

Billerica, MA

#15 Apr 23, 2010
Oh, who cares. Latest polls show Nikki Tsongas leading the pack with 78% of the vote, Meas with 12,
Golnic with 7, the rest undecided. The race is over. Give it a rest you teabaggers.
MikeS

Chatham, NJ

#16 Apr 23, 2010
now wait a minute.....crack on Golnik for other things...but not about his responsiveness...I emailed him at least three times and he got back to me immediately....not his 'staff' but him....his cards he gives out has his direct cell number and he just got off a 10 day tour of all 29 towns in the district. Actions speak louder than words and as far as i can tell he is the only Republican candidate that is actually 'listening' to the people. No one is perfect and I would rather have his voting record than our current rep's voting record
Greg Page

Sandwich, MA

#17 Apr 23, 2010
Whoa, ballyvaughan I hadn't seen those polls... I am a Sam Meas volunteer..if he's got twice Golnik's #'s at this point, I'd say that bodes well for primary season.
Dont Forget Weaver

Billerica, MA

#18 Apr 23, 2010
Gee I thought a guy named Tom Weaver was running.
Let's see now, he was an Eagle Scout, a Naval Academy Graduate, Naval Officer, Veteran, graduate of MIT and a small business owner.
He's lived in the district longer than Meas and Golnik combined X4 and probably voted in every election.
That says alot about someone, whats Golnik and Meas claim to fame?
Dave from Littleton

Littleton, MA

#19 Apr 24, 2010
Anybody not named Tsongas gets my vote in November.
Pete

Billerica, MA

#20 Apr 24, 2010
Ballyvaughan wrote:
Oh, who cares. Latest polls show Nikki Tsongas leading the pack with 78% of the vote, Meas with 12,
Golnic with 7, the rest undecided. The race is over. Give it a rest you teabaggers.
You commies said the same thing about Scott Brown. No, thanks. We'll keep fighting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Briefs (Dec '08) Wed Aaron 6
The homeless and the Chelmsford Hotels Aug 25 Kevinhillsborough... 1
News Ted Nugent Suggests He's Ready For Armed Revolt... (Jan '13) Aug 25 Responsibility 12
News Chelmsford asphalt plant feels heat over air-qu... (Aug '08) Aug 18 anon 8
Billerica Music Emporium (Oct '12) Aug 7 Musikologist 12
News Spears pregnancy has families talking (Dec '07) Aug 2 Victoria Dawn Jus... 30
News Town hunts remedy to realty 'eyesore' Jul '15 hammerhead 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carlisle Mortgages