Kimball Ice Cream opens in Lancaster - Sentinel & Enterprise

Kimball Farm Ice Cream opened its newest location to the general public Thursday afternoon, just in time for Memorial Day weekend, according to owner Mike Kimball. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Just Me

North Brookfield, MA

#1 May 28, 2010
I'm sooooo happy! Welcome Kimball's
townie

Manchester, CT

#2 May 28, 2010
I was there last night, great service and of course great ice cream
Shaking My Head

Bedford, MA

#3 May 28, 2010
I grew up on Kimball's ice cream. Things were so simple then. You went to Kimball's. Your dad went and got the ice cream. He brought it to the car. Family enjoys ice cream. Family cleans up and then dad drove us all home.

No bumper cars. No mini golf. No seafood shack. No gift shop.

I tried to get an ice cream at the Westford place the other day. I got stuck behind cars in the parking lot, stopped in the middle of things, waiting to pick up their kids at the amusement park. I had no idea why I was stopped and why people weren't moving until the kids got into the cars and traffic started moving again.

Long, long lines prevented me from getting out of my car. Also, no parking except in the furthest areas across the busy street.

I went to Rota Springs in Sterling instead, which - in my opinion - has much better ice cream than Kimball's. And they know how to serve it fast. They have nice parking and a beautiful herd and farm to view while you're eating the creamiest ice cream in the area!

And for the final insult, Kimball's is going to ruin what was a nice, quick way to get from Leominster to Lancaster/Clinton - that stretch on Route 70 won't be 50 mph for much longer.

I say blech! to Kimball's and their inferior ice cream and their side shows.
Voter

Bedford, MA

#4 May 28, 2010
Shaking My Head wrote:
Long, long lines prevented me from getting out of my car. Also, no parking except in the furthest areas across the busy street.
Kimball's is so busy no one goes there anymore!

Their ice cream rocks and congrats on the new location.

Has the Lancaster Golf guy opened his trap yet since the last time he complained about competition? Hope his ice cream stand goes under. That's what you get for wanting to unfailry hold the competition back.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#5 May 28, 2010
YEPPIE!!!! I am so happy!!!
joan

Winchendon, MA

#7 May 28, 2010
I am theilled . We love Kimballs Ice Cream and the flea market is right across the street. This is a great addition. Our Sundays are full, The Flea market then Kimballs
Shucks

Clinton, MA

#8 May 28, 2010
joan wrote:
I am theilled . We love Kimballs Ice Cream and the flea market is right across the street. This is a great addition. Our Sundays are full, The Flea market then Kimballs
I used to like Jackies Dairy Bar, now I'm gonna have to get all dressed up and fancy like just to get an ice cream and go to flea market on Sundays. Just like when they fancied up ole Walmart, now I just got to the Dollar Store in my Sunday Sweats.
rasberry

Worcester, MA

#9 May 28, 2010
woohoo wrote:
Just another place for all the fat slobs in central mass to fill their fat faces with unhealthy greasy food and ice cream....will become Puerto infested also.
sounds like you speak from experience you must be one of them quit eating Twinkies for breakfast fat slob
rasberry

Worcester, MA

#10 May 28, 2010
Shaking My Head wrote:
I grew up on Kimball's ice cream. Things were so simple then. You went to Kimball's. Your dad went and got the ice cream. He brought it to the car. Family enjoys ice cream. Family cleans up and then dad drove us all home.
No bumper cars. No mini golf. No seafood shack. No gift shop.
I tried to get an ice cream at the Westford place the other day. I got stuck behind cars in the parking lot, stopped in the middle of things, waiting to pick up their kids at the amusement park. I had no idea why I was stopped and why people weren't moving until the kids got into the cars and traffic started moving again.
I went to Rota Springs in Sterling instead, which - in my opinion - has much better ice cream than Kimball's. And they know how to serve it fast. They have nice parking and a beautiful herd and farm to view while you're eating the creamiest ice cream in the area!
And for the final insult, Kimball's is going to ruin what was a nice, quick way to get from Leominster to Lancaster/Clinton - that stretch on Route 70 won't be 50 mph for much longer.
I say blech! to Kimball's and their inferior ice cream and their side shows.
want some cheese with that whine boo-whoo
Fizbo

Leominster, MA

#12 May 29, 2010
joan wrote:
RE: the Flea Market
Fact is, the flea market is 60% empty, why pay $2.00 to see the same old stuff every
week. They are also in major financial trouble, as the people who owned the flea market used to own the ice cream stand. If you want a real flea market, try the one in
Hubbardston, or Grafton, or Hollis...

I also predict the "other" ice cream stand in Lancaster will fold!

FP
Bea Otch

Brooklyn, NY

#13 May 29, 2010
"Kimball's is so busy no one goes there anymore!"

Duh, seriously..
just wondering

Saugus, MA

#14 May 29, 2010
But what about the friday night car show?
tazz4040

Worcester, MA

#15 May 29, 2010
sick of punks wrote:
<quoted text> don't think the PR's will be going there, they don't take food stamps. You actualy have to PAY for the stuff.
yeah am im sick of loser idiots like yourself
pistol Pete

Lowell, MA

#16 May 29, 2010
Good luck to Kimballs ice cream stand.I worked for them in Westford and they are a class act.They are good to their employees.I wish them well.They will employ a lot of people.Their general manager(Ed Dupont) is a great guy.He has got it all together.........Don W.(Ayer,Ma.)
Shaking My Head

Bedford, MA

#17 May 31, 2010
omg.

tried to get in on sunday evening for a kimball's special.

i could not find a parking spot. and the lines....

i don't know what to say. when you can't get to the window, then you can't buy the ice cream. maybe i should drive over to carlisle or jaffrey.
Marie

Northampton, MA

#18 Jun 1, 2010
Shaking My Head wrote:
omg.
tried to get in on sunday evening for a kimball's special.
i could not find a parking spot. and the lines....
i don't know what to say. when you can't get to the window, then you can't buy the ice cream. maybe i should drive over to carlisle or jaffrey.
That happens every time a new place opens. I am sure they will be like all of the other locations, and the lines will always be long, but we are waiting until the initial mad rush slows down a bit before we go there. We decided to stop at the Westford location this weekend, and it sure didn't seem to hurt their business at all. A friend of mine went to the Lancaster Kimballs early Sunday afternoon and said there was no line when she was there, but a line was starting by the time she left.

Since: Apr 09

Leominster, MA

#19 Jun 1, 2010
Meanwhile, there are NO lines, much less any customers at the "other" ice cream/gold place down the street.
Shaking My Head

Bedford, MA

#20 Jun 1, 2010
Luther Manning wrote:
Meanwhile, there are NO lines, much less any customers at the "other" ice cream/gold place down the street.
maybe i should try there...
local

Englewood, CO

#21 Jun 1, 2010
sick of punks wrote:
<quoted text> don't think the PR's will be going there, they don't take food stamps. You actualy have to PAY for the stuff.
....lmao a classic..i wonder if goya makes ice cream???
Marie in the Burg

Northampton, MA

#22 Jun 1, 2010
Shaking My Head wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe i should try there...
That's funny. Many, many years ago, in my younger days, I made the mistake of saying "hey, this place is mobbed and there's no one at that place... let's try there". Never made that mistake again. There is a good reason no one is there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thank you Sep 14 lmmv6465 1
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 whimmersmith 4,702
Billerica Music Emporium (Oct '12) Sep 11 Musikologist 10
Seller gets charged for the Title V inspection (Apr '09) Sep 10 jack darling 3
Billerica's next Town Meeting debate: eliminati... Sep 2 hammerhead 1
Low Frequency Hum - Industrial Noise? (Mar '10) Aug 30 Lacarmencitasd 47
Massachusetts' ballot is stacked for voters Aug 24 Jtn 1
•••

Carlisle News Video

•••
Carlisle Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••