Tsongas war chest towers over Golnik,...

Tsongas war chest towers over Golnik, other challengers

There are 11 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Oct 21, 2010, titled Tsongas war chest towers over Golnik, other challengers. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

U.S. Rep. Niki Tsongas has nearly 10 times the war chest as her Republican opponent, Jon Golnik, with just over two weeks left in her re-election campaign.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

only dracut being dracut

Randolph, MA

#1 Oct 21, 2010
so what. there are some things money can't buy.
Iron Mike

Acton, MA

#2 Oct 21, 2010
Gee, with all that money available, how come Niki didn't pay those union construction guys for an extra couple of hours Wednesday nite? They could have stood out for another 30 minutes, then gone inside to actually listen to her liberal line of 'stuff'.

Now they’re going to feel short-changed, and justifiably so.

Of course if they HAD come inside and heard the debate,- they'd have booed her too, and they'd be Republicans today.

Niki, haven't you learned by now that money can't buy you love? Even in Mass-a-Two-$hits it can only buy you so many votes. It sure can't erase your record of voting 98% with Nancy Pelosi. It can't buy you a new non-arrogant reputation. It can't buy you a brain.

Better save a little to cover your good-bye party.
Tony

Tewksbury, MA

#3 Oct 22, 2010
Too bad all that money is going to waste. Just get out of the race now, save your self the embarrassment of losing and donate that money to a worthy charity.
Well you might want to save a little for your retirement party.
Gigolo Jimmy Del Ray

Charlestown, MA

#4 Oct 22, 2010
I wonder how much Tsongas has received from the lazy Union slugs and thugs?
Libertarian

Bedford, MA

#5 Oct 22, 2010
only dracut being dracut wrote:
so what. there are some things money can't buy.
Niki Tsongas has all that money so she can pay hacks to stand in the back of rooms and cheer for her incoherent and needless dribble. Just like they do down in NJ. with the Black Panther party and the democrat candidates. These lifetime politicians need to go, Fargo, Frank, Kerry, Tsongas, we need term limits so they don't become entrenched in their OWN AGENDAS.
Libertarian

Bedford, MA

#6 Oct 22, 2010
Tony wrote:
Too bad all that money is going to waste. Just get out of the race now, save your self the embarrassment of losing and donate that money to a worthy charity.
Well you might want to save a little for your retirement party.
Good point! maybe Niki could donate some of that war chest to the homeless people living under the bridges in Lowell by the river, you know, the city Niki Tsongas does not even see for 11 months out of the year, Aruba and the Bahamas are nice and warm for her. Or to the many battered womens shelters and teen mothers houses that are in abundance, especially with the winter on the way in. These lifetime politicians care more about themselves and their political ends than for the common people. We need a huge change in this country, and term limits.
the Decider

Lowell, MA

#7 Oct 22, 2010
Gigolo Jimmy Del Ray wrote:
I wonder how much Tsongas has received from the lazy Union slugs and thugs?
Where is Golnik's money coming from?

And, be careful, those union slugs and thugs are your nurses, your children's teachers, your police and fire, and many other individuals who provide services that you may someday need. I can only hope they'll still be union. I'd hate for you to require critical medical attention from an uneducated temp-working hack. Imagine how dumb you'd be now if you're teachers were all unqualified temps. How unsafe you'd be if your police department were staffed with parking lot security guards.

Most of all, those union slugs and thugs just might be your friends and neighbors.
Gigolo Jimmy Del Ray

Charlestown, MA

#8 Oct 22, 2010
the Decider wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is Golnik's money coming from?
And, be careful, those union slugs and thugs are your nurses, your children's teachers, your police and fire, and many other individuals who provide services that you may someday need. I can only hope they'll still be union. I'd hate for you to require critical medical attention from an uneducated temp-working hack. Imagine how dumb you'd be now if you're teachers were all unqualified temps. How unsafe you'd be if your police department were staffed with parking lot security guards.
Most of all, those union slugs and thugs just might be your friends and neighbors.
Golnik's money is coming from working folks like myself.
Now to address your rhetoric:

1. Teachers care more about their benefits than they do educating students.

2. Most of the people hired now by fire depts,police depts, emt's are unqualified because of affirmitave action.They have to meet "racial qoutas" thanks to your liberal friends.

3. I have no friends who are union members and my neighbors I have no interest in talking to.
the Decider

Lowell, MA

#9 Oct 22, 2010
Gigolo Jimmy Del Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
Golnik's money is coming from working folks like myself.
Now to address your rhetoric:
1. Teachers care more about their benefits than they do educating students.
2. Most of the people hired now by fire depts,police depts, emt's are unqualified because of affirmitave action.They have to meet "racial qoutas" thanks to your liberal friends.
3. I have no friends who are union members and my neighbors I have no interest in talking to.
Good use of rhetoric to address rhetoric. Unfortunately, your rhetoric is all based on assumptions and opinions. I know many teachers, and the majority of them care about the students. Teaching is incredibly stressful, and they persist. Big shocker your neighbors aren't interesting enough for you to talk to. You appear incredibly adpet at making friends and influencing people.

So tell me, how does affirmative action affect the qualifications of EMTs, fire fighters and police.
brownsview

Chelmsford, MA

#10 Oct 24, 2010
Well I guess that settles it then.

Congressional Election (definition)- a contest to see who can spend the most -other peoples money; the winner of the contest is the person that spends the most -other peoples money and proves that they are the best qualified to go to the big show and really spend -other peoples money -- Dale E. Brown

Dale E. Brown Independent for Congress MA05 2010
www.brownsview.com
Roger Anderson

Mansfield, MA

#11 Oct 24, 2010
I don't hear any of you birds crying about the money christine (I studied the Constitution) is bringing in to be stupid.

o'donnel has got hannity in her back pocket, and a job at faux when she loses.

angle a has a big bankroll too along with a mind that's changes with the questioneer.

golnik's has the sun in his pocket.It wouldn't surprise me if the editorial board refused to run an ad for her it's the only way she is going to get any positive ink out of them people.

I can't wait to read about all the suicides in the 5th when she gets re-elected.

I'll miss ya Tony just remember a shotgun is messy but painless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police arrest log (Dec '10) 11 hr nick 10
Low Frequency Hum - Industrial Noise? (Mar '10) Jul 15 hum-no-more 57
News Born in Billerica, solar-powered Tertill ready ... Jul 13 tyrayd 1
Robbery. Millpond road Jul 12 Billerica Mom 1
News Convict sues Ayer police (Jun '08) Jul 4 Disappointed 50
News Ted Nugent Suggests He's Ready For Armed Revolt... (Jan '13) Jun 29 Flabby beergut 30
News Rape charges dropped in Westford beach case (Sep '09) Jun 28 Normal Guy 41

Carlisle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carlisle Mortgages