Judge: Case vs. Lowell wedding photog...

Judge: Case vs. Lowell wedding photographer a civil matter

There are 30 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Oct 1, 2009, titled Judge: Case vs. Lowell wedding photographer a civil matter. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Chelmsford bride Tracy Bernier is outraged that a district court judge yesterday dismissed criminal charges against a well-known Lowell wedding photographer after he allegedly bilked her and 12 others out of their wedding photos and more than $40,000. "This is absolutely ridiculous,'' Bernier said of Lowell District Court Judge Neil Walker's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
No surprise there

Lowell, MA

#1 Oct 1, 2009
Of course the charges against him were dropped. He went up in front of Good Ol' Judge Neil "Let-em-Walk"er. No one ever gets convicted in his courtroom. He's the worst, most lenient judge ever.
Jim

Fitchburg, MA

#2 Oct 1, 2009
His failure to provide what he was paid to do was civil, but his actions certainly rise to the level of criminal.

he is only one of many pulling the same scam, Forever in Time Photography in Salem NH is doing the same thing
If it makes you

Peabody, MA

#3 Oct 1, 2009
feel better, no one looks at their wedding album. They just find their way to the bottom of your hope chest.
Good luck with the civil suit.
Maggie

Peabody, MA

#4 Oct 1, 2009
As you noted - this is not the first time "Judge Wat Too Lenient" let someone off the hook, or out on bail. There is a drunk driver out there now because of Walker and I heard the cops on my scanner looking fir him the other night - again.
No surprise there wrote:
Of course the charges against him were dropped. He went up in front of Good Ol' Judge Neil "Let-em-Walk"er. No one ever gets convicted in his courtroom. He's the worst, most lenient judge ever.
Frank

Lowell, MA

#5 Oct 1, 2009
If it makes you wrote:
feel better, no one looks at their wedding album. They just find their way to the bottom of your hope chest.
Good luck with the civil suit.
If I spent 7k and got zip in return it wouldn't make me feel better.
Paul

Hudson, MA

#7 Oct 1, 2009
How is this considered news and not gossip?

LOL
Twinkle_29

Lawrence, MA

#8 Oct 1, 2009
Fellow Photog wrote:
Good for Pare! Glad to see we had a smart Judge!
So you must be a thief too!!!!!!! Nice...can we all have your name please?
Elaine Lee

Munich, Germany

#9 Oct 1, 2009
A great case for Judge Judy...may have
to wait awhile, but you have a contract
and she most likely would love to see it!

Since: Sep 09

.

#10 Oct 1, 2009
Fellow Photog wrote:
Good for Pare! Glad to see we had a smart Judge!
Good for him??? Stealing from brides and grooms, REALLY, good for him? This didn't just happen once, he has been doing this since at least 2001 and it has FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY all caught up to him. I hope all of the customers hurt go after him in civil suits.

Good for him...you are just as bad.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11 Oct 1, 2009
Well, even if they do, he filed for bankruptcy. So, in the end they will still get nothing.. What a shame.
Average Joe

Windham, NH

#12 Oct 1, 2009
The contracts might be civil, but his actions prior to the contracts were misleading and criminal. Thus, he should have been easily charged in court with at least 'Larceny by false pretense'....Judge Walker is a disgrace...He should be removed from the bench.
DennReid

Naples, FL

#13 Oct 1, 2009
Honest Services Fraud is a criminal offense. Are you telling me that he did not deprive these brides of Honest Services.
todd262

Billerica, MA

#15 Oct 1, 2009
It's not even the money, he stole a memory from the brides and grooms. That alone is criminal
engman

United States

#16 Oct 2, 2009
Paul wrote:
How is this considered news and not gossip?
LOL
It is not news anymore. It is being perpetuated by 2 Lowell Sun columnists who have a connection to one of the original complaintants(sp?). A former Billerica native, who has all of her pictures, is in the media business(news anchor). Anyone think there may be a connection between her and the repeat stories? I still feel bad for those who lost out, but these columnists are just trying to sell as many newpapers as possible. The only service they provide is keeping wounds open. In addition, the language continually used in these threads will do nothing to actually solve the problems. Name calling, in itself, will not bring justice. All the people who write in with thier expert opinions on what to do have probably been watching to many police dramas on TV. This is not CSI:Lowell. It is also not the Crime-of-the-Century.
AngryAtBPPhoto

United States

#17 Oct 2, 2009
User1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for him??? Stealing from brides and grooms, REALLY, good for him? This didn't just happen once, he has been doing this since at least 2001 and it has FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY all caught up to him. I hope all of the customers hurt go after him in civil suits.
Good for him...you are just as bad.
Thanks, User1, again. If he has filed for bankruptcy it's going to be hard but I don't believe unbelievable. It hurts when I hear how friends were also taken by house contractors who file for bankruptcy and the clowns are protected and worse, back out working in a new business they created. There has to be some other recourse for us..any lawyers out there. At very least if this guy EVER picks up a camera and charges even a dime I will help pass the facts out; he is capable of selling services and even delivering them, and he also has a trail of many people who he doesn't deliever to so buyer beware. And he has the sneeky friends or personality to make other posters think there are others out there who sympathize with him-they've started, again, with the 'blame the press' defense again. Geez...I could care LESS if the columnist was his high school girlfriend or even customer with a grudge; those posters are entitled to their opinion and gossip BUT not their version of the facts: services sold/services not rendered and cash taken. Deal with it because Bob Pare Photography certainly isn't dealing with this.
AngryAtBPPhoto

United States

#18 Oct 2, 2009
engman wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not news anymore. It is being perpetuated by 2 Lowell Sun columnists who have a connection to one of the original complaintants(sp?). A former Billerica native, who has all of her pictures, is in the media business(news anchor). Anyone think there may be a connection between her and the repeat stories? I still feel bad for those who lost out, but these columnists are just trying to sell as many newpapers as possible. The only service they provide is keeping wounds open. In addition, the language continually used in these threads will do nothing to actually solve the problems. Name calling, in itself, will not bring justice. All the people who write in with thier expert opinions on what to do have probably been watching to many police dramas on TV. This is not CSI:Lowell. It is also not the Crime-of-the-Century.
Go to other TOPIX Chat or Comment areas: Engman is FOBP is Melon...same language, text, same lame duck defense; I just read all those threads since we too lost money and are doing our research (late, I know but we just found out this guy was busted). I couldn't help but wonder who would stick up for this slime? Even as a friend I'd pull my friend aside and talk with him. So Engman's post are almost the same as the other posts. Someone even said they may be Bob. I wouldn't know however I wouldn't put it past that character and the run around he gave us...what a sweet talking, trash taking person he is (and on our day wasn't all Mr. Friendly either...which he sold us). I feel taken and but worse when I read people defending him; do you like to get ripped off, do you and if not then please talk to your friend, and don't post because I won't be reading. Thank you for reading.
engman

United States

#19 Oct 2, 2009
To those who think I'm Bob: I'm not. No big conspiracy theories, here. Again, this is not TV.
MTNGrl

New York, NY

#20 Oct 2, 2009
Wow, Engman. I love CSI (especially the Vegas version), too, so thanks for clarifying that Lowell doesn't have it's own particular brand of the show. After all, for some reason, I just can't picture Grissom dropping his witticisms and wise adages around Lowell.

I digress. The point is, your "it's not that bad" attitude to excuse criminal behavior is frightening, and for the greater benefit of society, I certainly hope that you don't hold a job in government or law enforcement.

After all, bullying is wrong, but it's really not the worst thing a person can do, so why bother punishing bullies since there must be more important things to do, right? I think our nation's staggering school violence statistics pretty much answer that rhetorical question.

After all, fleeing the country before pleading guilty to a crime isn't really the most horrible thing a person can do, so why bother addressing it? I think the Roman Polansky fiasco speaks for itself there.

Jaywalking and hopping subway turnstiles aren't violent crimes, so it's not the worst thing in the world, right? When Mike Bloomberg took office as NYC's mayor, his Quality of Life campaign showed that jaywalkers and subway hoppers more often than not were drug and violent offenders. The fact that NYC is one of the safest cities in the country shows how very good it is Mayor Bloomberg doesn't share your attitude.

Making counterfeit goods isn't horrible, is it? It doesn't hurt anyone,right? Well, since it's not the worst crime you can commit, the cops shouldn't bother prosecuting it, should they? The fact that those who produce counterfeit goods are the world's most violent criminals--drug lords, child labor bosses, human traffickers, pimps--speaks for itself.

Sweating the small stuff is precisely what would make this world a safer, better place. While you have a demented idea of what constitutes "small stuff," letting what you perceive to be trivial criminals off the hook is a dangerous attitude.

You, and the judge who threw out Pare's criminal charges, are the kinds of people who would put a band-aid on a bullet wound.
engman

United States

#21 Oct 2, 2009
MTNGrl wrote:
Wow, Engman. I love CSI (especially the Vegas version), too, so thanks for clarifying that Lowell doesn't have it's own particular brand of the show. After all, for some reason, I just can't picture Grissom dropping his witticisms and wise adages around Lowell.
I digress. The point is, your "it's not that bad" attitude to excuse criminal behavior is frightening, and for the greater benefit of society, I certainly hope that you don't hold a job in government or law enforcement.
After all, bullying is wrong, but it's really not the worst thing a person can do, so why bother punishing bullies since there must be more important things to do, right? I think our nation's staggering school violence statistics pretty much answer that rhetorical question.
After all, fleeing the country before pleading guilty to a crime isn't really the most horrible thing a person can do, so why bother addressing it? I think the Roman Polansky fiasco speaks for itself there.
Jaywalking and hopping subway turnstiles aren't violent crimes, so it's not the worst thing in the world, right? When Mike Bloomberg took office as NYC's mayor, his Quality of Life campaign showed that jaywalkers and subway hoppers more often than not were drug and violent offenders. The fact that NYC is one of the safest cities in the country shows how very good it is Mayor Bloomberg doesn't share your attitude.
Making counterfeit goods isn't horrible, is it? It doesn't hurt anyone,right? Well, since it's not the worst crime you can commit, the cops shouldn't bother prosecuting it, should they? The fact that those who produce counterfeit goods are the world's most violent criminals--drug lords, child labor bosses, human traffickers, pimps--speaks for itself.
Sweating the small stuff is precisely what would make this world a safer, better place. While you have a demented idea of what constitutes "small stuff," letting what you perceive to be trivial criminals off the hook is a dangerous attitude.
You, and the judge who threw out Pare's criminal charges, are the kinds of people who would put a band-aid on a bullet wound.
You're right. You DO digress.
AngryAtBPPhoto

United States

#22 Oct 2, 2009
MTNGrl wrote:
Wow, Engman. I love CSI (especially the Vegas version), too, so thanks for clarifying that Lowell doesn't have it's own particular brand of the show. After all, for some reason, I just can't picture Grissom dropping his witticisms and wise adages around Lowell.
I digress. The point is, your "it's not that bad" attitude to excuse criminal behavior is frightening, and for the greater benefit of society, I certainly hope that you don't hold a job in government or law enforcement.
After all, bullying is wrong, but it's really not the worst thing a person can do, so why bother punishing bullies since there must be more important things to do, right? I think our nation's staggering school violence statistics pretty much answer that rhetorical question.
After all, fleeing the country before pleading guilty to a crime isn't really the most horrible thing a person can do, so why bother addressing it? I think the Roman Polansky fiasco speaks for itself there.
Jaywalking and hopping subway turnstiles aren't violent crimes, so it's not the worst thing in the world, right? When Mike Bloomberg took office as NYC's mayor, his Quality of Life campaign showed that jaywalkers and subway hoppers more often than not were drug and violent offenders. The fact that NYC is one of the safest cities in the country shows how very good it is Mayor Bloomberg doesn't share your attitude.
Making counterfeit goods isn't horrible, is it? It doesn't hurt anyone,right? Well, since it's not the worst crime you can commit, the cops shouldn't bother prosecuting it, should they? The fact that those who produce counterfeit goods are the world's most violent criminals--drug lords, child labor bosses, human traffickers, pimps--speaks for itself.
Sweating the small stuff is precisely what would make this world a safer, better place. While you have a demented idea of what constitutes "small stuff," letting what you perceive to be trivial criminals off the hook is a dangerous attitude.
You, and the judge who threw out Pare's criminal charges, are the kinds of people who would put a band-aid on a bullet wound.
THANK YOU MTNGrl (Manhattan Girl,?, Cute!)..right on, well said. Thanks again. Great points. I'm not sure if it was Bloomberg or Rudy who started the 'record' every crime and deal with it (Mike may have continued the police practice, but it doesn't matter, it goes back years). Long ago a woman was raped in Central Park and they caught the suspect how? By matching fingerprints found on the victim and at the scene TO records of a fare evader or someone picked up for petty larceny. I apologize if I have the exact details wrong but that story happened and speaks to your point that crimes left unanswered or 'trivalized' as 'no big deal' are just that, big deals against all of us. Too bad the people defending Bob (or again, Bob himself, he scamed us once and that's the hardest one) don't get your logic nor do I think they care. Thanks again, you write well..have forwarded your reply to others in our boat out here trying to get our pics and money...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ten charged in Lowell gang raids; weapons, drug... (Jul '08) 20 hr theo 668
News A massive ICE raid in this town didn't stop und... Apr 21 tomin cali 1
Low Frequency Hum - Industrial Noise? (Mar '10) Apr 2 Darrell Dammen 55
Kenny Douglass of Billerica, Massachusetts, She... Mar '17 Kenny Douglass is... 1
News Billerica selectmen candidates spar on town cen... Mar '17 hammerhead 1
News Clark gets (Dec '10) Mar '17 Recall Clark and... 42
News From little ones at Chelmsford's Westlands Scho... (May '08) Mar '17 Harry Wells 2

Carlisle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carlisle Mortgages