Haddad makes himself known

Full story: Lowell Sun 136
Joseph Loschiavo vividly remembered Mark Haddad answering questions from the audience at a town budget hearing in Stratford, Conn., early 2007, citing figures for various line items in the $171 million proposed ... Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Time Out

Groton, MA

#126 Apr 6, 2012
Some can move up a hill faster than a rope!
Swallow Union

United States

#127 Apr 6, 2012
Pam wrote:
Yep, the thread tarted in 2008 - he has had jobs in four towns since then - Cohasset, MA, Jamestown, RI, Stratford, CT and Groton, MA. Been moving fast, hasn't he!!
Pam or Pat F.....are you serious? Haddad has been in Groton since 2008. Come up with another way to insult him. You really do seem obsessed. Did he hit on you or did he turn you down?
Grotonite

Pepperell, MA

#128 Apr 6, 2012
Yikes - it's a sick reality we live in, when there are only two ways to categorize Groton's town manager. He either hit on you, or he turned you down. Clearly he hit on Volpe, and SHE turned him down - he just didn't get it. He said he meant it to be flattering, and was just "joking" What do most predatorial men say when busted? "She asked for it", "She wanted it", "she loved it", "it was a joke", "it was supposed to be flattering", "it wasn't me - it was her". Yep - that's Groton's town manager - and his supporters (or he, himself) have nothing so say other than these women who call him out must be "obsessed". He said in a statement that Volpe asked him out for coffee, pursued him, yet the facts state the complete opposite. Okay. Seems to me Haddad was obsessed, otherwise he would have stopped when told to stop. Sick. Very sick. This is Groton's town manager, with a history. Hiring him subjected every woman in town or Town Hall to this behavior. And what's the outcome, he's still in Groton, and this woman can't even feel comfortable living in her town, go to meetings, vote, go to her own town hall, to avoid seeing this scoundrel. Sick.
Shack

Groton, MA

#129 Apr 16, 2012
Yes...we still KNOW him.......and he is still here...the threads here appear to disappear..slowly..but he is still here...hopefully a new selectman sets him straight....as in HE works FOR the selectmen..not the other way around.....
Grotonite

Pepperell, MA

#130 Apr 16, 2012
Shack wrote:
Yes...we still KNOW him.......and he is still here...the threads here appear to disappear..slowly..but he is still here...hopefully a new selectman sets him straight....as in HE works FOR the selectmen..not the other way around.....
The fat lady hasn't sung yet...word is this is far from over. That woman was still destroyed and no one ever apologized or made her whole. She only tried to protect the town and was ruined. If I were in her shoes, I'm not sure I could live with that.
Grotonite

Pepperell, MA

#131 Apr 16, 2012
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing...Those who have the privilege to know, have the duty to act."
- Albert Einstein
Yowza

Pepperell, MA

#132 Apr 20, 2012
hope this site doesn't put me down as being from pepperell since I live in groton - but it seems to do that. I heard that there's more coming. I hope it will end soon with the right outcome
Pam Curtis

Averill Park, NY

#133 May 1, 2012
Town Meeting in Groton COULD have been more interesting last night If the respected ad well-liked resident did what he wanted to do and was afraid there would be repercussions - and didn't do.

Wanted not to accept the town budget until the town manager's salary was changed to $1 a year!

What would have been YOUR reaction??
Town Meeting

Pepperell, MA

#134 May 1, 2012
What?$1 a year? Why so generous?
New Selectman

Pepperell, MA

#135 May 22, 2012
Groton Town Elections today - a new Selectman, Jack Petropoulus, won the vote. He seems to be a great man, with integrity and morals, and not afraid to stand up for what's right. There are dozens of times throughout history where ONE person makes a difference. Hopefully the tides will turn for the town. :)
Throne Hill

Burtonsville, MD

#136 May 25, 2012
Now we will see if our new selectman will do what is in the best interest of Groton. A great start would be for him to help oust the cancer that occupies the town manager's office.
Malignancy

Pepperell, MA

#137 May 25, 2012
Problem is, the cancer seems to have metastasized to the rest of town hall...
Fat Lady

Pepperell, MA

#138 Jun 13, 2012
Has anyone heard the fat lady sing? I haven't. The wheels of justice grind slow, but they grind even. Guaranteed.
James Brook

Groton, MA

#139 Jun 18, 2012
New Selectman wrote:
Groton Town Elections today - a new Selectman, Jack Petropoulus, won the vote. He seems to be a great man, with integrity and morals, and not afraid to stand up for what's right. There are dozens of times throughout history where ONE person makes a difference. Hopefully the tides will turn for the town.:)
I agree that at times one person has made a difference and I hope it holds true this time. But former Sch. Comm. member Peter O'Sullivan was a lone, wise, minority voice 10-12 years ago who represented his constituents well only to get rebuffed at every turn.

Witness: the GDR high school building project debacle; ugly architectural design; poor facility layout (eg: a library overlooking the gym?); toxic drinking water; horrible and dangerous athletic fields. The biggest fiasco: the Casella land- taking that has cost the taxpayers millions of dollars!

A lone voice spoke for many of the residents but no one listened. Best of luck to Jack Petropoulus!
Are we being PUNKED

Pepperell, MA

#140 Nov 17, 2012
So this pathetic BoS has RENEWED this guy's contract? The town held a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card, and could just walk away from this no-good liar, yet they chose to keep him for 3 more years? AND with a pay raise of 8%? The newest selectman was against the contract -the others (except Degen) refused to hear him out, and voted immediately without discussion. Something is still very rotten in Groton!!!
Shack

Groton, MA

#141 Nov 24, 2012
I am disgusted and discouraged. I have no respect for our "elected" selectmen. I feel that they are spineless bobbleheads.
I also feel shame as to our Town must look to outsiders. It no longer feels like "We" the people, more like "He" the people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thank you Sep 14 lmmv6465 1
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 whimmersmith 4,702
Billerica Music Emporium (Oct '12) Sep 11 Musikologist 10
Seller gets charged for the Title V inspection (Apr '09) Sep 10 jack darling 3
Billerica's next Town Meeting debate: eliminati... Sep 2 hammerhead 1
Low Frequency Hum - Industrial Noise? (Mar '10) Aug 30 Lacarmencitasd 47
Massachusetts' ballot is stacked for voters Aug 24 Jtn 1
•••

Carlisle News Video

•••
•••

Carlisle Jobs

•••
•••