Lowell extends city towing contracts

Lowell extends city towing contracts

There are 124 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Dec 23, 2008, titled Lowell extends city towing contracts. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

City Manager Bernie Lynch has extended the city's five towing contracts for an additional year rather than sending them out to bid.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
chelms residents ashamed

Framingham, MA

#123 Mar 19, 2009
what about me wrote:
Why are you attacking me? I asked a question, maybe two and you accuse me of being deceitful (please make a note regarding how to spell it correctly). Yes, I live in Boulder but I am not “from” there, Chelmsford is my home. I live there for half the year. I own a home there and yes, I keep a car there.
I surf Topix regularly. The towing topic caught my eye because last summer an acquaintance was telling me about how she went out to a bar in Lowell and her car got towed. It was just her and a girlfriend and it was late at night. Christopher’s took her car to Maple Street. When she went to pick it up, the men working there demanded cash so her friend had to drive to an ATM. When she returned the men were laughing and telling her it wasn’t enough and she needed to go back to the ATM. She went and got more money. I was appalled. Are you appalled or do you think it is funny? This is what has me asking the question…what about me? If someone impounds my car what can I do about it? I would probably think; it’s late, I am tired, these guys are scary so here is your money, let me take my car and go.
first don't park on someone elses property and you won't get towed.If you do get towed call the company and ask what the charges are before showing up at the garage.Get a receipt for the bill. If your friends got towed and you said they were in a bar is it possible they were were pissed because they were towed after a night pf partying? Tow companies don't take checks or charge cards for private property tows at night. Your friend was lucky that they waited at the shop, it was according to the impression you gave at night, after business hours. So you see no one is picking on you,I do have a right to my opinion and you are a baby for being scared.

If I go to Colorado should I be scared if I park on private property and get towed? Just use your brain.If you do all that then there isn't a problem. Unless your trying to make one.
Joey Wire

Maynard, MA

#124 Aug 12, 2009
I do not trust Christopher's tow. They had me wait around the corner while they cleaned up the accident site to give them an address of the shop that I wanted them to deliver the vehicle. They never drove by me and my eyes never left the street. Instead they took the vehicle to their lot. Charged for unload, charged for storage, charged for reload, charge for delivery.
When we finally got the vehicle we complained about the charges being outrageous so he added more to the bill.
The Truth

Palm Bay, FL

#125 Jun 21, 2014
Lowell Chelmsford wrote:
i guess no one saw the article in the paper that christophers gave a elderly women a free tow on thanks giving when she crashed into antons
cleaners , and the company collecting blankets and pillow etc for the homeless shelter . Wake up and read between the lines everytime someone does good someone tries to knock them down by bad comment and flase comment
this company is the worst, and the rape on the girl that happened by the owner is awful
Bella

Tewksbury, MA

#126 Jun 22, 2014
Hi guys! I've been looking for any information about Ukraine in any kind of news local or world ones! NOTHING in the whole country. Sorry it's not about topic here but this is insane! when September 11 happened Whole World was watching that, about 2 buildings! Now thousand of buildings bombed and 3500 (3 and a half thousands) people including children and women dead and NOTHING in news!!! If you have some brain and know how to use it, you can only guess why government hiding information about killing thousands people. Don't close your eyes for this! It can happen in any place of the world they want

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Billerica Music Emporium (Oct '12) Dec 1 Musikologist 14
News Ted Nugent Suggests He's Ready For Armed Revolt... (Jan '13) Nov 30 power 24
News Man charged in wife's assault (Dec '10) Nov 11 GavinAlmeidajulie... 36
News Town hires towing firm despite worker's history (Jul '07) Feb '15 Anonymous 18
News Carjack suspect shoots at officers; crime spree... (Apr '14) Apr '14 EYEBALLCHAMBERS 1
News Concord-Carlisle renews school superintendant's... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Susan 1
News Running and swimming his way to a jail cell (Oct '10) Aug '13 dave rogers 19

Carlisle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carlisle Mortgages