Lowell extends city towing contracts

Full story: Lowell Sun 124
City Manager Bernie Lynch has extended the city's five towing contracts for an additional year rather than sending them out to bid. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Christophers over charges

Gardner, MA

#1 Dec 23, 2008
He has been overcharging people in Chelmsford too make up for his high bids. Lowell was right too turn down his business.
Investigate Christophers

Gardner, MA

#2 Dec 24, 2008
The Sun should investigate Christophers towing for over billing people. I was charged over 400 dollars for towing my car after an accident. He should be investigated.
Transparent

Claremont, NH

#3 Dec 24, 2008
but it was ok when you did it ...Right M.J.
Chelmsford MA

Cambridge, MA

#4 Dec 26, 2008
How about the elderly lady that was on the Chelmsford Selectmans meeting 2 weeks in a row with her complaint that Christopher's chargted her $5,000.00 to tow her car?? This is highway robbery (litteraly). As a result, her vehicle was totaled due to the towing charges (there was no damage on her car) and she was without her car for 2 months!!! More people have to stand up like her and write to the selectman in Chelmsford to get rid of this creep!
Towing Utopia Dot Com

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Dec 26, 2008
This starts out like a routine story, but then it gets into all the ugly mess including the "false accusation of a former girlfriend." Truly an ugly biz severely in need of more regulation.
Chelmsford Watchdog

Dracut, MA

#6 Dec 27, 2008
To the person who makes false statments about Christopher's over charging an elderly women 5,000 dollars is totally false. There was a full investigation into this recovery that was not just a tow. Christopher's was found to have done nothing wrong. Let me tell you what it seems like to me. Christopher Ferreira's former employer has been causeing the town and Christopher's Towing alot of trouble giving false information to people bringing them into a one sided war. Christopher's Towing considers themselves a proffesional company who does not choose to involve themselves in such a childish unproffesional maner to participate in this game. Maybe the people should look into Chelmsfords other town company who have been suspended from many police contracts and also fired from others for billing, service and unlicensed drivers. If this person spent as much time on their business as they do trying to knock Christopher's towing down then maybe they would not be on the brink of losing what they have. They had no problem using Christopher's help with jobs until they got the town bid over this other company. Sounds like they need a couple of pacifiers and a box of tissues to me. Grow up and take care of yourself and don't worry about what everyone else is doing.
Towing Utopia Dot Com

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Dec 27, 2008
At any point do these vultures discuss concern for the public? Do they have any desire to limit predatory and abusive towing? There is so much more going on here and I hope there will be more follow up stories.
Lowell Chelmsford

Salem, MA

#8 Dec 27, 2008
i guess no one saw the article in the paper that christophers gave a elderly women a free tow on thanks giving when she crashed into antons
cleaners , and the company collecting blankets and pillow etc for the homeless shelter . Wake up and read between the lines everytime someone does good someone tries to knock them down by bad comment and flase comment
5000 tow bill

Salem, MA

#9 Dec 27, 2008
wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong get your facts straight

if you wanna post false info on here why dont you grow up and call christophers and get the facts or are you the one that gave that poor women false info !!!!
and maybe if the women picked up her car in a week from them instead of month's . the car had no damage wrong thats why the insurance company totaled her car and took it from christophers
you can ask her how much money that she paid to christopher's when you call them and you will find out not a dime but thats right you already know that dont you!!!!!

signed someone involved in the investigation of this false claim
legally towed

Beverly, MA

#10 Dec 27, 2008
hey get your facts straight, first that woman must be nuts to leave her car at a tow lot that long, second did Christophers Towing competetors lead that woman to go to the selectmans meeting giving her false info?Maybe Christophers should SUE!! Maybe its time for an investigation into where the complaint actually came from( and the police Chief and selectman know) should be made public and F.Towing would be outed for what they have tried to pull off but failed to do again!
resident of Chelmsford

Beverly, MA

#11 Dec 27, 2008
I was towed by Christophers Towing. They helped me with the Insurance claim, they worked for me the consumer. The were polite and professional and even transported me home. Since this was my first accident I was at a loss of what to do. Christopher and his driver were wounderful! I don't understand where all this insulting and bad press is comming from unless there is a an other tow company behind
RONNIE J

Beverly, MA

#12 Dec 27, 2008
if someone with a brain looked into that elderly womans complaint and spoke with an Insurance Company you would know that they can not total a car for storage fees. This is a load of crap and Christophers should get a lawyer ASAP and go after that old lady the the people that fed her a line to try to have Christophers thrown off as the towns tow company.
just watching the witch

Beverly, MA

#13 Dec 27, 2008
hey MJ, heard you got suspended from the state police towing for not having licensed drivers, is it true?
watching the witch

Beverly, MA

#14 Dec 27, 2008
anybody ask the old lady what she actually paid for the recovery of her car? this was a set up by Christophers competitors to get rid of him, somebody should do something about it ASAP
watching the witch

Beverly, MA

#15 Dec 27, 2008
Chelmsford MA wrote:
How about the elderly lady that was on the Chelmsford Selectmans meeting 2 weeks in a row with her complaint that Christopher's chargted her $5,000.00 to tow her car?? This is highway robbery (litteraly). As a result, her vehicle was totaled due to the towing charges (there was no damage on her car) and she was without her car for 2 months!!! More people have to stand up like her and write to the selectman in Chelmsford to get rid of this creep!
wow r u stupid? this has to be from christophers competition, no way does an insurance company pay that kind of money for a car that has no damage, nor would an insurance company total a car with no damage what kind of person leaves their car in a tow lot for that amount of time (2 months u said) where did the old lady learn all the terms she used at the meeting? call your insurance agent and ask them about it. If it was bogus why did the insurance company pay it? wake up and smell the coffee this was all about bad press from another tow company that wanted to drive Christophers out
Real Abuse

Chelmsford, MA

#16 Dec 28, 2008
I was an Insurance appraiser for 14 years. I find it Ironic that the driving force behind all of the complaints against Christopher's Towing ,is a former town towing provider ,that was one of the WORST offenders of gouging in the Merrimack Valley. I dealt with hundreds of tow companies from the South shore to the Berkshires and they were always overcharging and also charging for procedures not needed. What is most bothersome is tha way that they are convincing a few older folks to continue their battle for them . If they knew the true history of this outfit they would turn and run.
Real Abuse

Chelmsford, MA

#17 Dec 28, 2008
I was an insurance appraiser for 14 years . The tow firm that is the driving force behind all these complaints was one of the worst offenders of gouging in the greater boston area. I dealt with hundreds of tow companies from the South Shore to the Berkshires , New Hampshire to Vermont, and with out a doubt they were one of the worst.They got away with it for YEARS and YEARS because there was no formal " contract " with the town that was in jeapordy. Now ( because the lost the bid ) they feel the need to recruit a few older or simple minded individuals to attack Christopher's ...How ironic that souch an offender is crying foul , when they invented the word.
Second Chances

AOL

#18 Dec 29, 2008
if i remember correct if it wasnt for christophers the city would still be getting 1.00 to 1.50 per tow and the city still dosent give them a chance are you telling me mr lynch you never done anything wrong and have been giving another shot ??? i mean wake up people the kid has a family with three beautiful children lets be fair give them a shot and he's got some of the best looking equipment around . and they are allways willing to go the extra mile for people and help them
PZ from Lowell

Ipswich, MA

#19 Dec 29, 2008
Christophers has assisted me twice, as an elderly
woman I appreciated all he did for me, i don't understand what that other elderly woman from Chelmsford is talking about. Neither my insurance company or I had a problem with the charges, Thanks again Chris for your great service!
legally towed

Beverly, MA

#20 Dec 29, 2008
sour grapes MJ, plain and simple sour grapes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chelmsford parents: We were left in dark over a... Wed Educator 1
not the same Wed rosesareredviolet... 2
Judge rules Chelmsford mobile-home park must pa... (Feb '09) Wed sandymckenzie201 24
I do NOT want low income housing developments t... Wed sandymckenzie201 1
Rape charges dropped in Westford beach case (Sep '09) Jan 24 someonereal 39
Teacher's aide under investigation in Chelmsford Jan 20 Frank 4
Town hires towing firm despite worker's history (Jul '07) Aug '14 Crystal 17

Winter Storm Warning for Middlesex County was issued at January 29 at 10:00PM EST

Carlisle News Video

Carlisle Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Carlisle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:38 am PST