Lowell wedding photographer pleads in...

Lowell wedding photographer pleads innocent to bilking customer...

There are 67 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Feb 5, 2009, titled Lowell wedding photographer pleads innocent to bilking customer.... In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

As Cara Correnti Moore stood outside Lowell District Court waiting to go in yesterday, she saw a familiar face behind her.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Curious

Chelmsford, MA

#68 Jul 16, 2009
Wedding photog back in court

LOWELL -- A former Lowell wedding photographer accused of bilking more than a dozen couples out of nearly $42,000 by failing to provide photos of their special day was in Lowell District Court yesterday for a pretrial conference. Robert Pare, 43, had his case continued to Sept. 30 for a motion in the second session courtroom.
Thirteen of Pare's former customers and his landlord at his former studio, Bob Pare Studio on Market Street in Lowell, filed complaints with police claiming they paid in advance for his services, but ended up with nothing tangible to remember their wedding day. Pare's alleged victims paid in advance, from $1,500 to $6,751. Pare would shoot the wedding, but never produced photos or video regardless of how many times his victims tried to reach him, prosecutors say. Then he suddenly closed his photography studio. Pare is free on personal recognizance after pleading innocent to 14 counts of larceny by false pretense.

Here is the update!!
someone who knows

United States

#69 Jul 22, 2009
Hello every one don't you get it Barbara and melon are one in the same - get it bipolar
Unbelievable91 wrote:
Bob and Crew have 'circled the wagons', taken shots at us, been overly defensive (yes people are mad, pissed, and its not the nice ego-building things you are used to hearing), and have even taken a swipe at the Press calling the Sun a 'rag'.
People are mad at the way they were treated, plain and simple. No admission of guilt or remorse and at this point I assume none will be forthcoming (based on advice from their lawyers). Instead we get defensive posturing from the girl friend and some friends who defend him (far enough) via attacking those wronged.
It's not hard to understand...we paid $$$ and signed contracts for services. We did not get the services after our wedding (some didn't even get what was promised on their day, but that's another issue) but instead got a fraction or nothing of what was contracted for, and NO refund. Then we are told (after numerous calls, which cost us $$ to0) that we are to do the album and prep work a studio is suppose to and then pay MORE for a lab to do the final work (who gives a dam it's at discount price, are we suppose to be impressed! Awed or something?). Any dollar we over our contract, and it's far more than just $1 is $1+ more than we contracted for and adds to our costs.
If you are a friend of his, step back and ask is this nice, fair, and how you would like to be treated? I'm not saying 'drop the friend', but rather may be as a friend TALK to him, don't take up words and to these boards questioning our intent!!
And if you are the girl friend is this anyway to run a business, and treat people??
I could give a dam for 100 or 1000 prior clients; we care about our day! It means nothing you took care of those others clients and now we are left to wonder if our money was just used to complete their jobs (hence the few brides who think you are 'awesome'; sadly we are on the other side of the stick now).
Where are your accountants? Where were your controls? Where's our money!
Times are really tough and I'd like to see my money back, now...we need it, not b.s. about how nice the guy is, was, could be, may be, and how nice he is to his pets, whatever. Show us the money if not respect.
And "Melon", there's NO reason to end a post by telling others to go 'screw'...totaly classless. What kind of friends does he have that would defend him with that sort of language?
someone who knows

United States

#70 Jul 22, 2009
Check out the shoe box article - Girlfriend and added business partner in 2002. Oops both were married. Liars and cheats for a very long time!
Mettie wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend of mine got married a few years ago and used Pare as her photographer. She is one of the many who didn't get what she paid for, too. I remember her telling me about how her wedding photographer was up on charges, and she told me to check this article out. But more importantly, I am not at all surprised when she told me that the other photographer who worked with Pare at her wedding was named...DRUMROLL PLEASE...Barbara. Given the lengths Barbara from Connecticut has gone to to defend Pare, it sure seems like we don't have the most objective commentator in this forum, now do we?
lips

Wilmington, MA

#71 Jul 22, 2009
Mink wrote:
Women go overboard at their weddings and then become b***ches to their husbands.
If husbands don't become A. Hole, we women don't become bxxxches. You must be one of them, and your woman must be bxxtching at you that's why you know all this.
FOBP

Dracut, MA

#72 Oct 3, 2009
STILL WAITING wrote:
So let me get this straight. Barbara is the girlfriend in Coventry and Melon is his mother in Dracut!
Wrong, not his mother. One of his friends.
Grew up with bob

Lowell, MA

#73 Jun 16, 2014
I have knew Bob and spent almost every weekend with him, went through school and worked full time in the Mills of Lowell. We were together from age 12 through 20. He is a lot sicker that you could ever imagine. I know what the sick bastard did. I did not realize how bad is was till after I lost contact with him and put it together. He is a Monster, A social Path, and one of the most deceiving manipulative persons I ever knew. You think is he sick because of money? You don't know anything. I may run into him at a class reunion, I don't know what I will say when the SOB in front of me. I hate him now and would have beat him senseless when I was teen if I just realized what he had done. Hi Bob it's J.B. and I know what you did! It explains everything about L.R.
X freind of Bob

Waltham, MA

#74 Jun 18, 2014
melon wrote:
Well, I feel so bad that someone from NY is not pleased with my grammar. You really think highly of yourself, it would seem. Blah, blah, blah, blah...I like to hear myself blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
Too bad I am not as enlightened as you. I feel so terrible about that.
By the way, this dopey woman got more than a CD. Check the facts. Facts are stubborn things.
In many posts melon you seem to tell people if they only knew Bob. Well I use to know him, spent over twelve years with him from Dracut Middle School till we were young men in our twenties. Same school, worked same shift in the mills of Lowell together, we were in the same social group of friends for a decade. I vacationed with him and other friends year after year, Montreal, Hampton Beach, and camping with his brother in North Woodstock N.H. I partied wit him 100's of times and he was my friend and someone I could confide in as far as resolving issues in my life. He was always the life of the party and fun to be with. He did seem to have a very good work effort for physical work.He seemed to be able to persuade you to his point of view with little effort. We knew each other well and because of things I knew he did being my back never fully trusted him with certain issues and always wondered if we had a severe disagreement if he would persuade our group to dislike me. No one crossed Bob.

My opinion of Bob is as follows. He is classic sociopath, manipulative, controlling, insensitive, egotistical, and would try to con you into doing what he wanted. He used his friends as pawns and I would classify him as a predator. He pretend to be a good Catholic going to church every week. I Know what he use to do since I was with him all the time the church thing was an act. I can honestly say years later a friend came up and questioned something he observed bob do when I was not with them. His first girlfriend D.M. who I grew up with and knew for 15 years at that point had also questioned something he was doing. I can honestly say Charles Manson could not have done a better job than Bob did and would be proud of Bob.
He turned out to be the BIGGEST SCUMBAG I ever knew. If I knew what he had done at the time I was hanging around with my good friend Bob, I would have Buried him alive. This type of person would not have lasted a day in prison the other inmates would have killed him because that what they do with the type Of SCUMBAB Bob Pare was? Bob if you ever go back and read this your lucky I never found out . I would have been so tempted to Gut you myself. SCUMBAG

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is The Driving Age In MA Too Young? (Apr '06) 15 hr Hypocrisy person... 324
News Gov. Deval Patrick wants to tax alcohol, sweets... (Jan '09) Apr 16 Brick 53
News Court hears suicide case: Teen texts boyfriend,... Apr 10 mses 1
News Lowell woman appealing conviction in horrific '... (Feb '08) Mar '16 Hama17 51
North Billerica Psycho Mar '16 Darkavenger 3
News Billerica teen injured in hit-and-run recounts ... Mar '16 hammerhead 1
Billerica Music Emporium (Oct '12) Mar '16 Musikologist 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carlisle Mortgages