Carnico Lake Drowning Victim's Name R...

Carnico Lake Drowning Victim's Name Released

There are 37 comments on the KLEX TV story from May 31, 2010, titled Carnico Lake Drowning Victim's Name Released. In it, KLEX TV reports that:

The Nicholas County Coroner's office says the man who drowned Sunday afternoon at Carnico Lake is 37-year-old Silverio Zavala of Georgetown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KLEX TV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
brenda

Newburgh, IN

#1 May 31, 2010
i am sorry for the family of silverio zavala my prayers are for the family
Kelly

United States

#2 Jun 1, 2010
i was there when this happened. me and my friends are protesting against the lake for a life guard. to many drownings have happened at this lake...
At your own risk

United States

#3 Jun 1, 2010
Kelly wrote:
i was there when this happened. me and my friends are protesting against the lake for a life guard. to many drownings have happened at this lake...
Just wondering how you expect for them to pay a life guard with as cheep as it is to swim there? If you want a life guard go to Blue Licks and pay more so you can have one. The fact is this is a lake and not a swimming pool and someone can get well away from the beach and drown before help can even get there. Also please name one lake that has a life guard on duty?I for one know of zero. So protest all you want and don't swim there.
Kelly

United States

#4 Jun 1, 2010
At your own risk wrote:
<quoted text> Just wondering how you expect for them to pay a life guard with as cheep as it is to swim there? If you want a life guard go to Blue Licks and pay more so you can have one. The fact is this is a lake and not a swimming pool and someone can get well away from the beach and drown before help can even get there. Also please name one lake that has a life guard on duty?I for one know of zero. So protest all you want and don't swim there.
i can protest if i want to. its not gonna hurt anything. i hate people like you because you have to ruin what others think they can acomplish. it cant hurt to try and carnico is a very popular lake and ive swam there all my life. I know whats going on. i know the people that run it. they didnt give refunds out the other day when that guy drowned bc they said there was too many people and i went off on them saying that this is a lake and you need to be more prepared when this stuff happens! its not gonna kill you to hire a lifeguard beause if you did then we wouldnt lose so many people. so put me down all you want because im not gonna listen to you. peace.
Protester 2

Lexington, KY

#5 Jun 1, 2010
I think they should not be allowed to charge a fee if they do not have a life guard or at least someone working their that is trained for such occurrences.First Aid, CPR, whatever is needed in such accidents.I myself have swam their my whole life and if you are a stranger to the area you have no clue about the various drop offs and things, such as the moss and such that can cause you to become entangled,It has always been a great place to swim or at least it was years ago back when they had the rafts and stuff.Who owns the lake anyway? Is it privately owned or does it belong to Nicholas County ? If it belongs to Nicholas County then why should the people have to pay since they are part of Nicholas County?
How

Lexington, KY

#6 Jun 2, 2010
I can see the point that "at your own risk" is trying to make. I dont believe he was putting anyone down but just stating the obvious. Im not sue how much it costs to swim at the lake but im sure its not enough to hire a Life Guard and still be able to maintain the parking lot and keep the grounds clean. I believe the lake is state owned much like cave run and cumberland. I might be wrong on that one.
So you know

Toledo, OH

#7 Jun 2, 2010
The lake is owned by the devlopment corp that owns the golf corse and the land that is inside the road around the lake that is not owned by anybody else
Kelly

United States

#8 Jun 2, 2010
Protester 2 wrote:
I think they should not be allowed to charge a fee if they do not have a life guard or at least someone working their that is trained for such occurrences.First Aid, CPR, whatever is needed in such accidents.I myself have swam their my whole life and if you are a stranger to the area you have no clue about the various drop offs and things, such as the moss and such that can cause you to become entangled,It has always been a great place to swim or at least it was years ago back when they had the rafts and stuff.Who owns the lake anyway? Is it privately owned or does it belong to Nicholas County ? If it belongs to Nicholas County then why should the people have to pay since they are part of Nicholas County?
right on
facts

Georgetown, KY

#9 Jun 3, 2010
The people who run the lake could not give refunds because they had no way of knowing who had been there for a long time and who had just gotten there. They had a little more to worry about at the time, then getting u your 2 dollars back. I hope it makes you feel like a big person to say you went off on two elderly retired people. They don't make hardly nothing to work there and they are there from morning til night....This was a tragedy, but there are very clear signs saying to swim at your own risk. If you don't like it, then go somewhere else.
comprehension

United States

#10 Jun 3, 2010
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text> its not gonna kill you to hire a lifeguard beause if you did then we wouldnt lose so many people.
and are you going to be okay with paying much more than you now do to use the beach and lake, in order to provide a salary for a lifeguard or do you expect someone else to foot the bill?
crystal

Dayton, OH

#11 Jun 6, 2010
You know what you all need to realize that this man was a father and his children read this so you all need to watch what you say instead of saying hurtful stuff that might really hurt his children to hear.
comprehension

United States

#12 Jun 6, 2010
no one has said anything hurtful about the man, what are you talking about?
crystal

Dayton, OH

#13 Jun 6, 2010
No but that person was talking about fighting for a lifeguard for the lake and the other person just shoots it down like it does not matter that a father of 3or maybe 4 just died there because there was no one there to help.
Kelly

United States

#14 Jun 7, 2010
comprehension wrote:
<quoted text>
and are you going to be okay with paying much more than you now do to use the beach and lake, in order to provide a salary for a lifeguard or do you expect someone else to foot the bill?
yeah. yeah i am
Brat

Clarksville, TN

#15 Jun 7, 2010
crystal wrote:
No but that person was talking about fighting for a lifeguard for the lake and the other person just shoots it down like it does not matter that a father of 3or maybe 4 just died there because there was no one there to help.
The other person did not "shoot it down like it does not matter", they were just using common sense. The sign says "swim at your own risk", everyone that goes in the lake knows there's not a lifeguard there if they read the sign. Don't be trying to put the blame on anyone because there was "no one there to help". It was a very tragic accident and my heart goes out to his family.
my two cents

United States

#16 Jun 8, 2010
The lake definitely needs a lifeguard! There has been a drowning out there on several different occasions but yet nothing seems to ever get done. how many people have to lose their life before we either hire a lifeguard or close it down. As for the people running the concessions they make money otherwise they would not be doing it. But I do not fault them because what better way to make cash money and still draw social security.
facts

Georgetown, KY

#17 Jun 8, 2010
They work many days without making anything, becasue there is not any buisness. They don't make hardly anything for working there, I promise you it really isn't worth it, but they love the work. If the state was to hire a lifegaurd they would have to raise the prices to get in to cover the salary and people already complain about paying 2 dollards to swim all day.
Kelly

United States

#18 Jun 9, 2010
oh boo hoo 2 dollars to swim? big deal.
facts

Georgetown, KY

#19 Jun 9, 2010
I wasn't complaining, I was saying that people are already complaining about having to pay that...Personally I think if you don't like the price or the fact taht there is not a lifeguard then you should go someplace else....
swimmer2

Richmond, KY

#20 Jun 12, 2010
$2 to swim there? Sheeze, last time I swam there it was still .25, belive that was in 1975 or so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amber girl at cooper 9 min wow 33
Overdoses 32 min no jokes please 22
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 36 min umoron 151,737
attn: paris police 36 min Dummy 16
First Church of God School/Daycare 38 min Not really 37
where do i find Aug 23 elmo 1
poems for those who are lost and feel alone (Feb '11) Aug 23 clangas 41

Carlisle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carlisle Mortgages