Nicholas Co Fire Dept
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Another Taxpayer

United States

#2 Feb 14, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
I understand the NCFD was paged out multiple times last night to respond to a call n NO ONE responded!!!! That's a first!!! We as taxpayers deserve better... We have the incompetent board members to thank for this mess!!!!!!
The N.C.F.D. has been a "MESS" for a long time. It was controlled entirely by the chief who made up the rules as he went along to suit his needs. The firemen were his "goons". They did as he said without question.(His words, not mine) The fire board was established to correct that. The chairman of that board was a good man and he was doing a good job. He was working to improve the fire department situation. It couldn't continue as it was. Unfortunately our Board Chairman is no longer with us. He left big shoes to fill but I trust that they will be filled appropriately. The N.C.Fire Dept. will continue to serve the people of N. C. In the meantime, what does Mr. Taxpayer think should be done about the Fire Board Chairman leaving us so abruptly? Does he think he should be post-humously sanctioned? Mr. Taxpayer, I suspect you are one of the former chief's goons. Looks like you are going to have to go a lot "higher up" with your complaints now. I don't think the former chief has any connections to that "higher up" line.
Taxpayer

United States

#3 Feb 14, 2012
Another Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>The N.C.F.D. has been a "MESS" for a long time. It was controlled entirely by the chief who made up the rules as he went along to suit his needs. The firemen were his "goons". They did as he said without question.(His words, not mine) The fire board was established to correct that. The chairman of that board was a good man and he was doing a good job. He was working to improve the fire department situation. It couldn't continue as it was. Unfortunately our Board Chairman is no longer with us. He left big shoes to fill but I trust that they will be filled appropriately. The N.C.Fire Dept. will continue to serve the people of N. C. In the meantime, what does Mr. Taxpayer think should be done about the Fire Board Chairman leaving us so abruptly? Does he think he should be post-humously sanctioned? Mr. Taxpayer, I suspect you are one of the former chief's goons. Looks like you are going to have to go a lot "higher up" with your complaints now. I don't think the former chief has any connections to that "higher up" line.
U can bet ur sweet ass I will go to the "higher up". There's more goin on behind the scenes than u know. N I made no mention in my comment about Mr Smith. But the current Chairman is a JOKE. He didn't even know how to call the meeting to order Friday night...required prompting from their attorney!!! It was both comical as well as embarrassing!!!!! Talk about a "GOON"!!!!!! N no I'm not one of Marks firemen, just someone who cares about our community, which u obviously don't.
ouch

Smiths Grove, KY

#4 Feb 14, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
U can bet ur sweet ass I will go to the "higher up". There's more goin on behind the scenes than u know. N I made no mention in my comment about Mr Smith. But the current Chairman is a JOKE. He didn't even know how to call the meeting to order Friday night...required prompting from their attorney!!! It was both comical as well as embarrassing!!!!! Talk about a "GOON"!!!!!! N no I'm not one of Marks firemen, just someone who cares about our community, which u obviously don't.
Must be Shivon that posted this.
Taxpayer

United States

#5 Feb 14, 2012
ouch wrote:
<quoted text>Must be Shivon that posted this.
No, my name is not shivon. Never even heard of her.
Old Goon Club

United States

#6 Feb 14, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my name is not shivon. Never even heard of her.
You were at that meeting so that narrows it down. You are part of the old Goon Club or you wouldn't have been there.

You may as well dry up. It's over. And I still don't think the former chief has any connections to that HIGHER UP LINE that Taxpayer Too was referring to.
Taxpayer

United States

#7 Feb 14, 2012
Old Goon Club wrote:
<quoted text>You were at that meeting so that narrows it down. You are part of the old Goon Club or you wouldn't have been there.

You may as well dry up. It's over. And I still don't think the former chief has any connections to that HIGHER UP LINE that Taxpayer Too was referring to.
N u obviously weren't there. Mark had a lot of supporters there. But that's not the point. The point is that a terrible mistake was made that could potentially jeopardize the safety of lives and/or property of Nicholas Co citizens. The community is outraged. Call the newspapers n ask. Enough said...
know it all

Paris, KY

#8 Feb 14, 2012
There was not a county fire run last night so you have some wrong information.... There was one this morning at 530 and you did have fireman respond... Your acting chief ran off the road trying to get there while one of the board members whose a fireman didn't even leave the house but hollered on his radio to see if the acting chief was ok because he was just getting ready to leave the house... So you tell me where the problem lies... I'm sure if Mark was still the chief he wouldve been there this morning....
wondering

Jackson, KY

#9 Feb 14, 2012
Is this the way Mark and his goons are getting back ,for what he done?If this is true they were there for Mark NOT being a fire fighter for protection of our citizens.A true fire fighter would be there no matter who was chief.
Taxpayer

United States

#10 Feb 14, 2012
know it all wrote:
There was not a county fire run last night so you have some wrong information.... There was one this morning at 530 and you did have fireman respond... Your acting chief ran off the road trying to get there while one of the board members whose a fireman didn't even leave the house but hollered on his radio to see if the acting chief was ok because he was just getting ready to leave the house... So you tell me where the problem lies... I'm sure if Mark was still the chief he wouldve been there this morning....
Ur last sentence says it all:). Thank u.
know it all

Paris, KY

#11 Feb 14, 2012
To answer you wondering there are several board members that are voted on by the people of Nicholas Co. So the board let you ( the people) of the county down... The firefighters didn't...
Taxpayer

United States

#12 Feb 14, 2012
know it all wrote:
To answer you wondering there are several board members that are voted on by the people of Nicholas Co. So the board let you ( the people) of the county down... The firefighters didn't...
There is a board member that the firemen voted in. They sure did get a rude awakening about the meaning of the word "loyalty".
WHO in N C knows it All

United States

#13 Feb 14, 2012
know it all wrote:
Know It All, What makes you think you KNOW IT ALL? Just how did the Fire Board Members let the people of N.C. down? I am a citizen of N.C. and I don't feel like they let me down. My family and my neighbors don't feel let down either. We trust that the F.D. will be there for us if I need them. The Fire Board is now in charge of the F. D. and that is how it should be. After a rough transition, partly caused by disgruntled goons who were doing crazy things like blocking roads and getting involved in family fights, The Fire Department will be running smoothly. I suggest recruiting some nice enegertic young men who want to be firemen to replace the disgruntled ones. I believe there are some good firemen already in the department. Under proper managment, I believe they will function efficiently. Good luck to those who are serious about fighting fires. Goodbye to the goons.
know it all

Manchester, KY

#14 Feb 14, 2012
Yeah the did. From what I understand he pretty much stabbed them
All in the back. That Is pretty low on his part.
Paula

Worton, MD

#15 Feb 14, 2012
The acint chief is a wife beater. When she worked at Jockey she came in with both eyes blacked alot of time.
know it all

United States

#16 Feb 14, 2012
I don't know anything about that but I do know it's a bad deal all the way around. It wasn't done fairly but what ever is in Nicholas Co.
what ever

Paris, KY

#17 Feb 14, 2012
know it all wrote:
Yes There Was!!!!! We called 3 times No One ever came. Thank God & the help of some other people we were able to get the fire out.
THAT IS ROYAL B S

United States

#18 Feb 14, 2012
what ever wrote:
<quoted text>Yes There Was!!!!! We called 3 times No One ever came. Thank God & the help of some other people we were able to get the fire out.

That is what it is. Just Royal Bull Crap and you know it. There would be a record of your call if you called 911. You didn't call one time, much less three. Why don't you sore heads take you an aspirin and go to bed?
wondering

Jackson, KY

#19 Feb 14, 2012
Mark is gone,so lets move on.If the old fire fighters dont want to fight fires with out Mark,then so be it.We have many more people in Nicholas County that will step up to the plate,and may even to a better job.Because, they really want to fight fires and save lives.I for one believe in our citizens.
wondering

Worton, MD

#20 Feb 14, 2012
know it all wrote:
You need to call dispatch. They had trouble setting the tones off this morning. County Fire responded promptly once the tones went off. And if you're talking about Doug French not leaving his house, you are mistaking. I personally seen him in his POV going to the wreck on my way to work. When you heard him "holler on his radio" he must have been leaving his house for the second time this morning. As far as no one responding and letting the taxpayers down. You might want to future investigate before making false statements. Matt Hughes, Mike Phillips, Doug French, Mike Warner, Scot Allison and Rodney Hedges (all your veteran firefighters)responded. I'm noting asking anyone to believe me over Ms. Know It All, Go to dispatch, go to the fire dept. check the records. They're open to the public.
wondering

Worton, MD

#21 Feb 14, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a board member that the firemen voted in. They sure did get a rude awakening about the meaning of the word "loyalty".
What exactly is the "firemen's" definition of "loyalty"?

I have researched the fireman position on the board. According to what i have found, KRS 75.031(1)(a) states, "Two (2) members of the board of trustees shall be elected by the members of the firefighters of the district and shall be members of the district." At no point have I found that the 2 firefighters on the Board of Trustee is to be controlled by the firemen. I understand that the "firemen" are only upset with one of the two Firefighter Board of Trustees. If I recall correctly, The Chief was found guilty by the Board of Trustees by an unanimous vote. The vote was 4-2 on the punishment of the charges he was found guilty on. According to what I have heard, the entire Board of Trustees all agreed he was guilty. They just didn't agree on the severity of the punishment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stephanie Evans (Aug '10) 21 min OLD MAN 9
dirty laundry 1 hr The wife 20
does anyone know Arlie Centers? (Aug '09) 1 hr hubbard 12
Trump inauguration 3 hr Seventh 91
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Seventh 159,587
restorer Feb 22 ABC 2
New School Feb 21 Jachin 4

Carlisle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carlisle Mortgages