Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81766 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Jul 12

Bowling Green, KY

#64450 Jul 25, 2012
cold war
qwerty

Pelion, SC

#64455 Jul 25, 2012
You've been involved in some tough emotional encounters since the start of June and today some of these problems come round again. You may have to sort out a relationship difficulty once and for all, or you could realize that you've got to lay a ghost to rest. You might also hear from someone who belongs in your past and who should be sent straight back there.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#64462 Jul 25, 2012
I wonder if it is supposed to read better, when Qwerty copies my post verbatim as opposed to my original statement?

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#64463 Jul 25, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I wonder if it is supposed to read better, when Qwerty copies my post verbatim as opposed to my original statement?
I've noticed some folks on here likes to rearrange what others have written. Many things are misconstrued or taken out of context with the changing of a word or two.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#64464 Jul 25, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
hey Wolf
Just stopped in to tell you about a good book I'm reading. It's a tribute to poems written by soldiers during war. I am on the civil war section and thought about you. Have a great day!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#64465 Jul 25, 2012
Don't let it get to you, AW. I think that the Mods also look for cases of plagiarism on here, and I have noticed that duplicated comments are weeded out by the sniffer bots somehow..

A few users still don't seem to realize that these copy/paste posts need a link attached so that the original composer gets credit where it's due. I have read a few of these news stories online myself, only to reach these threads and find them posted without a credible link attached. That's against the TOS.

Attention was drawn to this thread for some reason. I'd say it was due to complaints from both sides of the "troll" debate.

You gotta watch what ya wish for, my friends. It can work both ways... You might just end up being the flagged user yourself if you try to zero in on someone elses transgressions.

It would be wise to make sure our own comment histories are clean before we turn anything over for review. So before you complain about someone elses remarks, we might want to reflect on our own past comments.. I'm reasonably certain that the Mods probably don't appreciate being "played" with false reports..

#64466 Jul 25, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Wolf
Just stopped in to tell you about a good book I'm reading. It's a tribute to poems written by soldiers during war. I am on the civil war section and thought about you. Have a great day!
Hi, Ms Font! Where have you been? It's nice to see you again. I enjoy your posts.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#64467 Jul 25, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>I've noticed some folks on here likes to rearrange what others have written. Many things are misconstrued or taken out of context with the changing of a word or two.
I've noticed some people can't actually discuss issues w/o turning rude and inconsiderate of their neighbors...Know what I mean Vern?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#64468 Jul 25, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Ms Font! Where have you been? It's nice to see you again. I enjoy your posts.
Enjoying some reading time. The deletions make the thread weird to follow. I have been enjoying the produce the summer has brought , my grass is no longer crunchy concrete and I finally found the bottom of the stack of papers on my desk! Enjoy and celebrate the little things in life. Have a good day everyone

#64469 Jul 25, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>I have been enjoying the produce the summer has brought
I have too. I've got a nice juice watermelon in the fridge as we speak. Found a most juicy and sweet canteloup earlier this week too. I love this time of year. Ripe red 'maters, even fried green, are just to die for.

Don't stay away so long next time! Your posts are refreshing! I've really enjoyed everyone on this thread.

#64471 Jul 25, 2012
*juicy watermelon. My fingers aren't working very well today. Or could it be my gray matter...

(BOTH, more than likely, hehe).

#64472 Jul 25, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>.Know what I mean Vern?
I haven't heard that phrase in ages, HAHA! Wasn't that a dairy commercial on T.V. for quite a while? Can't remember who it was for though...

Awesome flashback, Blue. Thanks!

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#64473 Jul 25, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
I've noticed some people can't actually discuss issues w/o turning rude and inconsiderate of their neighbors...Know what I mean Vern?
Please forgive me if my question came out rude, but to reply to a post and insinuate that someone is representing a hoax seems a little rude also. My inquiry into the phenomenon of unusually large snakes being spotted and killed in the areas mentioned, was responded to by someone that does not believe that either snake existed, and lives 130 miles away. Thank you for calling me a liar, as I should have documented and relayed that information to a more reliable and believable news outlet, to be relayed to a more trusting and insightful audience, and please don't misconstrue that as being rude or inconsiderate.

Scotts Vegas

#64474 Jul 25, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't heard that phrase in ages, HAHA! Wasn't that a dairy commercial on T.V. for quite a while? Can't remember who it was for though...
Ernest P. Worrell is a fictional character most principally portrayed by the late American actor Jim Varney in a series of television commercials, and later in a television series (Hey Vern, It's Ernest!) as well as a series of feature films. Ernest was created by the Nashville advertising agency Carden and Cherry and was used in various local television ad campaigns.[3] The only national products he promoted were Coca-Cola, Sprite, TaB[4] and Mello Yello soda brands.
The first Ernest commercial, filmed in 1980, advertised an appearance by the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders at Beech Bend Park, an amusement park near Bowling Green, Kentucky. The format of the commercials seldom varied. The rubber-faced Ernest, almost always dressed in a denim vest and baseball cap, appeared at the door of an unseen and unheard but seemingly unwilling neighbor named Vern. The spots were structured in a way to allow the viewer to be "Vern", as Varney looked directly in the camera whenever Vern was addressed. Ernest's seemingly pointless conversations with Vern which were actually a soliloquy due to Vern never responding inevitably rambled around to a favorable description of the sponsor's product, followed by his signature close, "KnowhutImean?"[5]
While Vern is never shown to ever say anything, it is implied that he finds Ernest to be an unwelcome pest due to him trying to slam his door in Ernest's face on a few occasions. Vern also shakes his head "No" whenever Ernest invites him to do something. Ernest, however, is oblivious to Vern's apparent distress regarding him and always regards Vern as his closest buddy and confidant.

Those were some funny commercials! Earnest has issues with trolls.

Scotts Vegas

#64475 Jul 25, 2012
Ernest P. Worrell (Character)
from Ernest Scared Stupid (1991)

Kenny: Ernest I got it! What we need is a tree house!
Ernest P. Worrell: I thought we needed dress shields.

Trantor the Troll: You will die for the disgrace of your forefathers!
Ernest P. Worrell: I didn't have four fathers! I only had one father and I didn't know him that well!

Ernest P. Worrell: How 'bout a bumper sandwich, Boogerlips?

[When seeing Trantor the Troll for the first time]
Ernest P. Worrell: Oh, I sure hope you're from Keebler!

Ernest P. Worrell: I never knew when to quit. Just ask my fourth grade teacher.

[while driving to the treehouse with a now wooden Rimshot]
Ernest P. Worrell: What good is a wooden dog? Oh, sure they swim better, but what am I gonna call him, Splinter?

Ernest P. Worrell: Boy, Jimmy. When you play charades you play for keeps. Knowhatimean?

Ernest P. Worrell:[to the troll] You'd better stay away. I know jujitsu, kung fu, karate, tai chi, and I saw "Hulkamania" three times. Once in slow-mo.

Ernest P. Worrell:[about the troll] He looked like a big giant Mr. Potato Head. Except he was shaped more like a watermelon.

Ernest P. Worrell: Nuh uh, ain't no trees in Botswana, nuh uh, I know, I AM a Botswanian lumberjack, and I ain't never had a job...

Ernest P. Worrell:[as the Old Lady] Be grateful, little trolls in China don't even get milk.

Ernest P. Worrell:[being attacked by the troll] Help, help! May day! May day! Christmas Day! Colombus Day!

Ernest P. Worrell: Pretty soon the kids won't have to worry about eating their Brussel sprouts because the Brussel sprouts will be eating them.

Scotts Vegas

#64477 Jul 25, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Please forgive me if my question came out rude, but to reply to a post and insinuate that someone is representing a hoax seems a little rude also. My inquiry into the phenomenon of unusually large snakes being spotted and killed in the areas mentioned, was responded to by someone that does not believe that either snake existed, and lives 130 miles away. Thank you for calling me a liar, as I should have documented and relayed that information to a more reliable and believable news outlet, to be relayed to a more trusting and insightful audience, and please don't misconstrue that as being rude or inconsiderate.
It's not rude at all. Unlikely things must be met with some skepticism.

I spend a lot of time studying and learning about Mother Nature. I'm also quite the weather buff.

So when I hear of a world record animal it sparks my interest. Would you agree an animal reputed to be more than 20% larger than the current world record is quite newsworthy? And maybe I'm wrong but he that killed that snake would surely have contacted DNR.

I don't believe in Mothman, do you.

I'm pretty danm skeptical about Bigfoot. A fishing trip to some pits in Jasonville Indiana once made me wonder though.

#64478 Jul 25, 2012
LOL! That's right, now I remember! We never did see Vern, did we? LOL! Good brain jog, Blue! He was so funny!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#64479 Jul 25, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Don't let it get to you, AW. I think that the Mods also look for cases of plagiarism on here, and I have noticed that duplicated comments are weeded out by the sniffer bots somehow..
Not to worry Nope, I have lived many years and through many difficulties to let trivial matters such as words typed to or about me by people that I don't even know, or even plagarized from anything I have previously posted. I was simply making a comment that I recognized that something that I had posted was being copied, but in reality... for the long haul,it just does not matter and as it is said "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" lol

Yes, the software does purge exact duplicates and that should not even require the manual intervention by a moderator. My career involved developing software, so I am not the least bit impressed with other posters' computer or literary skills. LOL

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#64480 Jul 25, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Nope! If my memory serves me correctly, those Purity Milk commercials in the sixtie on The Bob Lobertini Show(?) were hilarious! Whoever heard of a talking cow?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#64482 Jul 25, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim Varney and he is moving moving moving with his Convenient Cup LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashton Markland 40 min sotellme 6
Big white car 1 hr Jackpot 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Darl 138,099
Stolen crosses 3 hr Katy 5
Food Stamps 11 hr shame 4
April owens Buckler (Jan '11) 22 hr Rich Abney 15
Dumb Women in this town Wed For Sure 15
More from around the web

Carlisle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE