Injuries reported in Carlinville house explosion

There are 10 comments on the Aug 2, 2006, KMOV.com story titled Injuries reported in Carlinville house explosion. In it, KMOV.com reports that:

Emergency crews are on the scene of a devastating house explosion near downtown Carlinville, Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMOV.com.

abw

United States

#1 Aug 2, 2006
Does anyone have any idea yet as to the names of the injured?
citizen of carlinville

Bingham, IL

#2 Aug 2, 2006
this is so sad carlinville is such a small town everyone knows everyone so many know the family its just a sad time so many good people have came out to help prairie farm workers bought water to the workers as did so many others
Greg Burleson

United States

#3 Aug 2, 2006
abw wrote:
Does anyone have any idea yet as to the names of the injured?
I am told that Sherry Hatlin (55 yrs) and her grandson ???? Albracht (age 8) have perished. Tom Hatlen (27) has burns over 30% of his body and Cody Hatlen (15) has burns over 90% of his body. Both are in Memorial Burn Unit in Springfield, IL. Nora O'Neill (age 87)(next door neighbor) sent to St. Johns, Springfield. Possible broken leg, several cuts, lacerations, possible concussion.
Elizabeth

Splendora, TX

#4 Aug 2, 2006
It is sad that this happened. It's even worse that not all the family is able to be there. I know my mother is feeling helpless for not being able to be there. Sherry was her aunt.
Teri Ross-Smith

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Aug 3, 2006
I am a former resident of Carlinville and just learned of the accident from my mother, Sandy Cramer, who still resides in Carlinville. This is so tragic and the whole family is in my prayers....
Greg Burleson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am told that Sherry Hatlin (55 yrs) and her grandson ???? Albracht (age 8) have perished. Tom Hatlen (27) has burns over 30% of his body and Cody Hatlen (15) has burns over 90% of his body. Both are in Memorial Burn Unit in Springfield, IL. Nora O'Neill (age 87)(next door neighbor) sent to St. Johns, Springfield. Possible broken leg, several cuts, lacerations, possible concussion.
evan

United States

#6 Aug 4, 2006
all died except tom
Heather

United States

#7 Aug 11, 2006
My heart goes out to Tommy. No one should have to go through such a tragedy. I hope he finds the strength to keep himself going. However, I am proud to say that I am a life long Carlinville resident. It was amazing to me how everyone pulled together in the community to help a family in need. Hats off to those of you who risked your lives to save others. It is unfortunate that there wasn't a better outcome. My thoughts are with the family members of the Hatlen/Albracht family.
Richard File

Springfield, IL

#8 Aug 28, 2006
Cody, me and you were good friends through school and I wish i could of said bye too you. Rest in Peace
Kayla Whitley

Beecher City, IL

#9 Oct 30, 2006
Cody you and me were good friends through out the years, I wish i would have been able to have said good bye. I miss you Cody!!!='(
josh schlotmann

United States

#10 Jan 24, 2010
i love and miss you cody you were my best friend i looked up to you and nobody will ever be as nice and understanding as you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlinville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BP gas station refuses service to Veterans Apr 21 black panther 1
News Why no Illinois state vegetable? Mar 30 TMG 1
Mayor Campaigning on our dime Mar '15 3rd Warder 2
Moving to Illinois (Sep '14) Mar '15 bill 3
Arlene Rickett (Oct '14) Mar '15 Statistics on sluts 3
Layoffs Loom in Taxfield Feb '15 x ace 6
News Rosenthal replacements emerge amidst controvers... Feb '15 Vet 13
More from around the web

Carlinville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE