Trooper, 25, fatally injured in crash...

Trooper, 25, fatally injured in crash | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 23 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Feb 5, 2010, titled Trooper, 25, fatally injured in crash | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Trooper Andrew C. Baldridge recently graduated from the state patrol's academy. A State Highway Patrol trooper was killed and another trooper seriously injured when their cruiser crashed yesterday evening in Wyandot County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
giada

AOL

#2 Feb 5, 2010
My thoughts and prayers are with Trooper Baldridge's family and friends. Prayers for a speedy recovery for Trooper McLaughlin.
giada

AOL

#3 Feb 5, 2010
Big Johnson, get a life.
VA in OH

Pickerington, OH

#4 Feb 5, 2010
Big Johnson wrote:
Those darn rookies just can't eat doughnuts and drive at the same time.
Your a little shit. A young man died going to assist another law enforcement officer. Just because you cant get a real job or get hired as a police officer dont hate,
critic

Erie, PA

#5 Feb 5, 2010
My thoughts are with The OSHP. Great guys, doing a thankless job.
Lawman

AOL

#6 Feb 5, 2010
Big Johnson you are a little man and a big "Jerk."
Libra guy

Columbus, OH

#7 Feb 5, 2010
People die all the time in car accidents and it is sad.
I am more interested in why the accident occurred! Unsafe driving? High speed? Poor training? Road conditions?
Luckily, no civilians were injured!
Philip Lucas

Findlay, OH

#8 Feb 5, 2010
What a tragic loss of a fine outstanding young man. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and the OSHP and Tpr. McLaughlin. It was a true honor to have known Andy in and out of classroom during his academic career at UF. An individual who left an unforgettable impression with everyone he met. You will be missed but never forgotten!
Phil Lucas
Assistant Professor
Department of Justice Sciences
The University of Findlay

Since: Oct 09

Orlando, FL

#9 Feb 5, 2010
Very sad... God bless and prayers for a speedy recovery for the surviving Trooper.
Mike

Fairborn, OH

#10 Feb 5, 2010
Sad.

My condolences to the family.

In the line of duty...

A young hero.
tired of it

Jackson, OH

#11 Feb 5, 2010
Most people do'nt have the balls to do the job they do! Hats off to all law enforcement!
Scott

Cambridge, OH

#13 Feb 5, 2010
Libra, you a really unreal? How can you say something so stupid. Don't comment until you know the facts. No he did not have poor training! No he was not unsafe. State Troopers are highly trained in driving. He was going to back up a County Deputy.
HATE THE BS

Cambridge, OH

#14 Feb 5, 2010
Why when a State Trooper gets killed in the line of Duty the Columbus Dispatch has the story buried under everything else that has little importance. Only if the Patrol does something negative gets the headlines. Absolutely Freaking Unbelievable. A young man died serving the State of Ohio. Come on Dispatch so some class.
Was It Preventable

Columbus, OH

#16 Feb 5, 2010
Thinking Back I Recall A Similar OHP Double Death Crash In Southern Ohio Over A Year Ago, And Fatal Officer Crash In Fairfield County The Year B-4...
Is There A Statewide "Safety 1st" Workplace Policy???
Get a life

Cambridge, OH

#17 Feb 5, 2010
Was it Preventable? Why is there always some #[email protected]&^le! who always wants to point fingers and ask it was preventable. Any car crash can be preventable. What does it matter at this point! He is dead and his family is mourning. When you are responding to a emergency call at a high rate of speed there are many variables that come in to play. So get off you arm chair quarterback comment board and get a life!!! You probably work for the Columbus Dispatch!!!
Offended

Columbus, OH

#18 Feb 5, 2010
Condolences to this young man's family. If some of you are so content on bashing someone, take it off line, start your own blog, get a life.
I actually hope his family doesn't read these painful comments.
Watchdog

Whitehouse, OH

#19 Feb 5, 2010
Libra guy wrote:
People die all the time in car accidents and it is sad.
I am more interested in why the accident occurred! Unsafe driving? High speed? Poor training? Road conditions?
Luckily, no civilians were injured!
Why don't you wait until this fine young man is buried before you begin with your inquest? This young man decided to serve his fellow Ohioans and paid with the ultimate sacrifice. This is how you choose to honor him? You are shameless and an embarrassment to all humans.
Mike

Powell, OH

#20 Feb 5, 2010
Terrible loss...Rest in peace Trooper Baldridge. My thoughts and prayers are with both of these guys. Hope Trooper McLaughlin makes a speedy recovery.
Mike

Powell, OH

#22 Feb 5, 2010
Big Johnson wrote:
Whenever a civilian dies in a wreck, especially a single-vehicle crash which can be blamed on only one driver, the cops are all too eager to ask questions and make allegations. When it happens to one of them, they have no cause for complaint.
And yes, it is fortunate that this careless driver did not take out any civilians when he failed to maintain control of his vehicle.
Yes they ask questions, it's called crash investigation which they HAVE to do. This crash will be investigated just like any other. It was not carelessness, these officers were responding to a call for assistance where yes, you have to get there in a hurry...seconds do count. Stop your whining and as a matter of fact next time you get into a jam don't call the police that you seem to like to bad mouth
hypocrites

Spring, TX

#23 Feb 5, 2010
I just went and checked about the other's who died in car accidents and I did not see ONE of You comment or extend condolences to family. You hypocrites. I know most of you who comment here are all part of the blue brotherhood. Otherwise you would be commenting about the poor 63 year old who got hit, or the woman in Knox County. Give me a break. We should be questioning why this accident happened so it does not happen again! Save the condolences for the obits!

Oh and before you attack me with your ahhh if your not with me your against me mentality..please say a prayer for ALL those who died in car accidents who are noted in thisd papaer. GOD save Ohio!
Tim T

Delaware, OH

#24 Feb 5, 2010
:-(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
adam luxon May '17 tater 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Ohio (Dist... (Oct '10) Mar '17 You pharrt 16
Varney (Feb '17) Feb '17 Chris 3
Drew Walter (Dec '12) Aug '16 kieanan 4
Horrible stylist (Mar '16) Mar '16 Annoyed 1
csp (Sep '13) Jan '16 Karma 2
Town name (Jul '15) Jul '15 Lindajbarth 1

Carey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carey Mortgages