Trooper killed in Wyandot County cras...

Trooper killed in Wyandot County crash | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 33 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Feb 4, 2010, titled Trooper killed in Wyandot County crash | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A State Highway Patrol trooper was killed and another trooper seriously injured when their cruiser crashed this evening in Wyandot County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tj evans

New Albany, OH

#27 Feb 5, 2010
geubux, you must have some very deep emotional problems, that you need to talk to a professional. i will not keep responding to your ignorant way of thiking. someone at sometime in yourlife as bent your way of thinking. or perhaps you have been on the wrong side of the law, and blame them for your problems. all your doing is hiding behind a computer running your ignorant mouth. i would love to counsel you myself. that way you would be typing the rest of your life, if you have one
LaffnAtU

Columbus, OH

#28 Feb 5, 2010
tj evans wrote:
geubux, you must have some very deep emotional problems, that you need to talk to a professional. i will not keep responding to your ignorant way of thiking. someone at sometime in yourlife as bent your way of thinking. or perhaps you have been on the wrong side of the law, and blame them for your problems. all your doing is hiding behind a computer running your ignorant mouth. i would love to counsel you myself. that way you would be typing the rest of your life, if you have one
Oh shut your yap, Susan. Nobody cares what you 'think', to use the term loosely.
Active Police Officer

United States

#29 Feb 5, 2010
We obviously have some people with mental issues making postings. One day these individuals we be in need of a police officer and with comments like these, I hope it never comes. God bless the trooper and his family. We all know the dangers that come when we decide to take on this profession. Why do we do it, because we want to serve and protect. These fine troopers were responding to assist a fellow officer as any of us would do. It is a shame that such a good trooper does not get the respect he deserves. God bless you and your family. Trooper McLaughlin I pray for a speedy recovery for you.!!
nfa

Columbus, OH

#30 Feb 5, 2010
geubux,
You are classless.
nfa

Columbus, OH

#31 Feb 5, 2010
geubux,
You obviously have no clue in what kind of training a Trooper goes through. I bet you wouldn't last 10 minutes in their Academy.
nfa

Columbus, OH

#32 Feb 5, 2010
"Oh shut your yap, Susan. Nobody cares what you 'think', to use the term loosely"

Same goe to you...we don't care what you think.
CCB

Cincinnati, OH

#34 Feb 5, 2010
geubux wrote:
I stand by my original comment: He was a dumb **** driver. It's ALWAYS a shame and a tragedy when someone dies in an auto accident, especially a young person.
The fact he worked for the OSHP does not make it any more or less tragic. The irony is that he was SUPPOSED to have been trained in high speed driving.
This is the same group that does LITTLE to punish their officers last summer driving 150 mph on their cycles.
WHATS IT LIKE TO BE BACK IN MIDDLE SCHOOL, MOMMY AND DADDY KNOW YOUR USING THERE COMPUTER....I GET IT MAYBE THEY PAID A LITTLE TO CLOSE ATTENTION TO YOU AS A KID
P
annon

Middletown, DE

#35 Feb 6, 2010
Well I am a Trooper. I am proud to say I am. I worked with both Andy and Mark. It is a very sad time for the patrol. It is even harder for the famillies. This is the time we need to remember that as troopers we do not ask for your praise or your thanks. No police officer does. We all still go out and do the job. Most people dont want to see us, they dont want to be stopped by us, or they dont want us coming to there house to inform them of a tragic event. With that said I am not sure why on earth someone would post such negative thouhts on here.

As far as punishment on acts that troopers commit while off duty. Well I think having your license suspended and being fired for speed is far from a little punishment. You should always get your fact right before you post something like that.

I am not mad at the negative posts. I am sad. I feel sad for you that you feel the need to make a bad situation even worse.

My prayers go out to your family Andy. YOU WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN.
annon

Middletown, DE

#36 Feb 6, 2010
if you are the moderator this forum should be shut down and no posts should be able to be left. It is classless to have theses negative postings.
Farmall

Boonsboro, MD

#37 Feb 6, 2010
nfa wrote:
"Oh shut your yap, Susan. Nobody cares what you 'think', to use the term loosely"
Same goe to you...we don't care what you think.
The freaks are out.....
Krispy Kreme

Columbus, OH

#38 Feb 6, 2010
Is there anything I can do to help?
Columbus

Columbus, OH

#39 Feb 8, 2010
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
He makes a good point, along with some others which were unfortunately deleted.
A tin badge does not grant anyone the right or authority to go flying around out of control on the highway. Further, by failing to control his vehicle, the deceased trooper not only failed the provide the requested backup, but drew resources to his own situation. This debacle will be a great expense to the tax-paying citizens of Ohio.
Thus it is important that this public employee's actions be objectively investigated and judged appropriately, so that measures may be taken to prevent recurrences.
I don't think this has anything to do with tax payers money at all.. But there should not have been any reason for this trooper to be going as fast as he was. If he would have been going at a responsible speed, there might have been a chance that he would not have lost control. They need to think of there own safety first...
pig molester

Lexington, KY

#40 Oct 16, 2012
it makes me sad that there wasent more troopers killed i hope they all die

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drew Walter (Dec '12) Jun '16 Ummmm 3
Horrible stylist Mar '16 Annoyed 1
csp (Sep '13) Jan '16 Karma 2
Town name (Jul '15) Jul '15 Lindajbarth 1
Teacher assaults 6 year old (May '14) Sep '14 Farm Kid 6
Nicole Schmidt (Jun '14) Sep '14 Nicole Schmidt fan 2
News Kenton men suspects in 3 bank robberies (Nov '08) Aug '14 bob 2 22

Carey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance