Terry Shepherd arrested in case of mi...

Terry Shepherd arrested in case of missing Kenton women

There are 112 comments on the Lima News story from Nov 8, 2008, titled Terry Shepherd arrested in case of missing Kenton women. In it, Lima News reports that:

A Patterson man had hearings in two different county courtrooms Friday on charges that accuse him of killing three women in two separate incidents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lima News.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Steve Dunahue

Chillicothe, OH

#1 Nov 9, 2008
This is why we have the "death penalty"! Why is the prosecuter not seeking it. Whatever happened to justice? Oh never mind, this is Hardin County.
Kenton

Bowling Green, OH

#2 Nov 11, 2008
This is why no one voted for you. Do you even know the story on this guy? He is mentally unstable. Not all the blaim should be put on him. Not only did he fail the system but the system failed him.
To Kenton

Rockford, IL

#3 Nov 11, 2008
You absolutely disgust me. What is wrong with you? What proof do you have that he is mentally unstable? As a family member of one of the victims, I hope you never have to go through what we are going through. Think before you speak. Do YOU even know the story on the "guy"?
Steve Dunahue

Chillicothe, OH

#4 Nov 11, 2008
Kenton wrote:
This is why no one voted for you. Do you even know the story on this guy? He is mentally unstable. Not all the blaim should be put on him. Not only did he fail the system but the system failed him.
I am not putting all the blame on him. There is a judge & a parole board with blood on their hands, also. As a sexual predator he should never have gotten out of jail.
Cali

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#5 Nov 11, 2008
Mentally unstable my a$$!! He got an AA and a BA in prision! He also learned the new skills Arson and Murder in prision too!! He had already mastered in Rape and Robbery!
As another family member of one of the victims my advice to you "Kenton" is to save your bleeding heart for someone else, You dont have all of the facts and know nothing of what you speek in this case. You need to stop and kiss your mother and grandmother and tell them how much you love them and then stop and thank God that this evil calculating serial killer was caught before he took your loved ones from you like he did us!!!
From To Kenton

AOL

#6 Nov 12, 2008
I am sorry for your loss, Cali. Thank you Steve for your support.
Cali

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#7 Nov 12, 2008
Thank You "To Kenton"! I know you understand the gut wrenching pain we share. I also agree with Steve, The judges that revieved and believed Shepherd's fancy letters asking for early release should have their heads examined, And lets now look at Shepherds wife and brother who had to have known what he did and did not turn him in. They need to go to jail for accessory.
Also dont forget his youngest victim his young daughter who will have to live her whole life knowing that his blood runs through her veins. She needs to be taken away from her mother who is obviously unfit and placed in a home far away where she can get love counceling and be able to live away from anywhere where anyone will ever know who she is.
From To Kenton

AOL

#8 Nov 12, 2008
I happen to think Billy and Terry's wife were involved and he is covering for them. To do what he did, no way he could do that alone. Are you Deb, Judy or the elderly lady's family member?
Cali

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#9 Nov 12, 2008
Since we are both family members and since this is a public forum I think it is best that we remain anonymous. You or I may say more than we should, and I for one dont want anything to stand in the way of justice here! Claradell, Deb and Judy were all very special women who were loved very much. I for one cry everyday, I never knew anything could hurt this much!

Since: Nov 08

Elyria, OH

#10 Nov 14, 2008
ok first of all CALI im not here to devend the man ....but iam here to devend his WIFE! how dare you sit there and say the daughter needs to be taken away...if you knew the mother ....then you wouldnt be sitting there talking crap and....believe me i feel for your loss i really do ...but not only did this man destroy your life but his family as well....no matter what his wife is a very good mother and it is not her fault for what he did .....everyone sits backs and listens to all the rumors....!!!!!! truth is the only one who knows the facts is the man him self....and for another thing there is no way possible that his wife had anything to do with this...i could care less what you say about him but leave her and the children out of it unless you know it to be a FACT
then fine say what ya gotta say ...just because one person in a family does something wrong doesnt mean the whole family is bad....
Cali

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#11 Nov 15, 2008
mchord,
Lets look at the facts...his wife(prior to being his wife) had a relationship with a CONVICTED rapist.. that was good judgement! Then she gets pregnant by him, gets married to him pledging her life to this criminal, more displays of good moral fiber and judgement. Lets not forget his drug convictions/violations, more displays of good judgement. This type of behavior is OK with her I guess.
At the very least she had to have known after the fact, what he did, that makes her an accessory.
Child services should do an evaluation of the child/children in the home. That system will most likely fail those kids just like the parole system failed this mans latest victims.
You are right when you say that just because one person in a family does something wrong it does not mean that the whole family is bad... that is true but how the family deals with the situation will determine how they are judged, and truly what kind of people they are.
You say that there is no way possible that his wife had anything to do with this...Let me ask you a question then...2 months ago would you have said Terry would do the things he did or would that have been impossible too???
Someday maybe all of the facts in this case will come out and then maybe the truth will set you free.
It is clear that you care deeply for this mans wife and child/children maybe even him, and yes I am sure they are suffering too but remember if you lie with dogs you will get fleas!

Elyria, OH

#12 Nov 15, 2008
just so you know i could care less about this man....people live secret lives all the time.....and in no way did she have anything to do with this....and for you to say maybe when all the facts come out then maybe the truth will set me free nothing to set free.....you think just because he had a family they to are also guilty....wrong....i really hope terry gets whats coming to him but enough is enough about the rest of the family i feel for your loss i really do .and yes i do care deeply for his wife and children.....but i also care deeply for the lives that was lost...but really your bringing honest ppl into it that shouldnt be yes she was his wife but that doesnt make her an accessory..and she knew of nothing until a detective showed up to her door....she is are hard worker and a great mother and if she would have known of any of this she would have called the police herself....
kenton

Bowling Green, OH

#13 Nov 15, 2008
mchord wrote:
just so you know i could care less about this man....people live secret lives all the time.....and in no way did she have anything to do with this....and for you to say maybe when all the facts come out then maybe the truth will set me free nothing to set free.....you think just because he had a family they to are also guilty....wrong....i really hope terry gets whats coming to him but enough is enough about the rest of the family i feel for your loss i really do .and yes i do care deeply for his wife and children.....but i also care deeply for the lives that was lost...but really your bringing honest ppl into it that shouldnt be yes she was his wife but that doesnt make her an accessory..and she knew of nothing until a detective showed up to her door....she is are hard worker and a great mother and if she would have known of any of this she would have called the police herself....
My question to the two murdered ladies. Who really says yes to a man they meet that same day and says yea you look like a nice guy let me give you a ride.(they were just so nice) Didn't your mother ever teach you not to take candy from strangers. hmmm thats fishy. I can tell you this I would never give someone my phone number that I just meet let alone drive them home. What did they want.. Sex, Drugs perhaps. maybe there own addictions are the death of them? Hmmm no body looks at both sides of the story.

There is more to this than any of us will ever know.
kenton

Bowling Green, OH

#14 Nov 15, 2008
Oh I did not know that a bi-polar person was aloud to uptain a degree. Is this a new law?
Cali wrote:
Mentally unstable my a$$!! He got an AA and a BA in prision! He also learned the new skills Arson and Murder in prision too!! He had already mastered in Rape and Robbery!
As another family member of one of the victims my advice to you "Kenton" is to save your bleeding heart for someone else, You dont have all of the facts and know nothing of what you speek in this case. You need to stop and kiss your mother and grandmother and tell them how much you love them and then stop and thank God that this evil calculating serial killer was caught before he took your loved ones from you like he did us!!!

Elyria, OH

#15 Nov 15, 2008
never in a million years would i have thought this would happen...but i guess he had the wool over our eyes
Cali

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#16 Nov 15, 2008
Kenton,
There are enough bad things that surround this case and facts to show who did what and who knew what. There is no reason to suspect that Deb or Judy had anything to do with drugs or sex and it is very disrespectful to disparage the dead.
There are some truely nice people left in the world that just would never think that this kind of evil would ever enter thier world. YES I would never have exchanged phone numbers or gone to give this person a ride or even had an initial conversation with him, but some folks believe everyone is good and that bad things wont happen to them! Where I live it would be suspect too but in small rural communities the culture is very different! There has been NO indication that there was any misdoings on behalf of the 2 women.
As for his degrees that he got in prision as far as I know nothing stops prisioners from getting a higher education.

mchord,
I have never said anything about the rest of the family just those involved!!Remember your own words that people live secret lives when you defend Mrs Shepherd.
Sally Wilson

Stow, OH

#17 Nov 15, 2008
I do feel grief for the loved ones who had such tragic occur in their lives. I do know that without a doubt, that God can still redeem the worst of the worst. There is no person so horrible that God cannot save.
Steve Dunahue

Chillicothe, OH

#18 Nov 15, 2008
kenton wrote:
Oh I did not know that a bi-polar person was aloud to uptain a degree. Is this a new law?
<quoted text>
I must be out of touch. I am not aware that there ever WAS a law that prohibited ANYONE from getting a degree?
josh 4

Elyria, OH

#19 Nov 19, 2008
I guess you should not give rides to people you don't know.
seemor

AOL

#20 Nov 19, 2008
is he out?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Horrible stylist Mar '16 Annoyed 1
csp (Sep '13) Jan '16 Karma 2
Town name (Jul '15) Jul '15 Lindajbarth 1
Teacher assaults 6 year old (May '14) Sep '14 Farm Kid 6
Nicole Schmidt (Jun '14) Sep '14 Nicole Schmidt fan 2
News Kenton men suspects in 3 bank robberies (Nov '08) Aug '14 bob 2 22
News State Patrol opens sub-post in Kenton (Aug '13) Jul '14 Fancy 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carey Mortgages