The good People of Cardwell!!

Jonesboro, AR

#21 Sep 2, 2009
Lando Moore was a very good man.
pastpresent

Poplar Bluff, MO

#22 Sep 5, 2009
Melissa used to be woods, Ralph Loftin grandaughter. She was a teacher there at Cardwell and a sweet person. Loved all children and tried really hard to fight off the cancer that was destroying her body. I know alot of people who miss her and are still grieving her loss.
pastpresent

Poplar Bluff, MO

#23 Sep 5, 2009
I opened this thread becaue I got so sick of people trashing each other on here. And thanks to all of you that has kept it clean. Everyone mentioned on here has earned your love and respect. Might not others, but we at least repected each other. Again threads can be opened and kept clean. Again thanks to all of you. Wish there were more good people to mention. If I knew each and everyone name who posted I would of listed you also. Again all my thanks.
all good men

AOL

#24 Sep 8, 2009
does anyone remember Rube Nolan iI think that's how he spelled his name he would normally be around the post office early in the morning with that big toothy smile and a hearty hand shake to greet people early in the morning.
I always thought of him as being the offical greeter for Cardwell and what a great job he did.
oh i got some doozies

Fenton, MO

#25 Sep 8, 2009
I think Harvey Beasley, Jack Powell, Anthony Parker, James Stacy, Suzie White, Sherry Doyle, Jr Zuhorst, Travis Maxwell, Johnathan Long, Ron Thompson, little Jim Miller, sandy and jeremy hamburger and amy cooper are just awesome and real pillars of cardwell society.
all good men

AOL

#26 Sep 8, 2009
please don't take this tread there you do a great injustice to the other great people mentioned here
by mentioning a couple of those people in the same breath and thats not what pastpresent was wanting to do but i will say their's a couple of good people there but not great yet.
rdw

Little Rock, AR

#27 Sep 8, 2009
oh i got some doozies wrote:
I think Harvey Beasley, Jack Powell, Anthony Parker, James Stacy, Suzie White, Sherry Doyle, Jr Zuhorst, Travis Maxwell, Johnathan Long, Ron Thompson, little Jim Miller, sandy and jeremy hamburger and amy cooper are just awesome and real pillars of cardwell society.
I'm just glad to know that *you* have come back to earth after your last visit, in Israel 2,000 years ago.
U know who this is

Collierville, TN

#28 Sep 8, 2009
oh i got some doozies wrote:
you forgot to put your name on there! If you know the greats then you should be one too, right? I know who you are! I'm watching you tonight! I like that picture by your door!
pastpresent

Poplar Bluff, MO

#29 Sep 10, 2009
Thank you for tring to shut him up. Like I said this thread is for the great people who touched our lives in a positve way. Who we looked up to and tryed to be like when we were kids. And for some it made a really big difference in their lives. Made them work harder to make something of life. And thats a great person.
all good men wrote:
please don't take this tread there you do a great injustice to the other great people mentioned here
by mentioning a couple of those people in the same breath and thats not what pastpresent was wanting to do but i will say their's a couple of good people there but not great yet.
all good men

AOL

#30 Sep 10, 2009
thanks again for starting this thread i did the same thing with the theater in Cardwell with a lot of positive commits.
knowing how many good families there were and are in Cardwell its a wonder theirs not more positive commits with people like Grover Stewart when on a hot day you could sweep his store or sidewalk and he would give you a soda pop and if Dalton was working he would always shake or hands and call us young men and joke around with us yea when i start thinking of the old Cardwell it wasn't a bad life after all even if we did have to pick cotton from sun up to sun down in the 50's and early 60's.
justme

Sunnyvale, CA

#31 Sep 23, 2009
i know a family from cardwell, they happen to be good people. i know one member of the family quite well and if cardwell has other families as such in its vicinity, then its a good place to live.
pastpresent

Poplar Bluff, MO

#32 Oct 5, 2009
THANKS TO ALL!!!! WAS GREAT TO SEE THE NAMES OF PEOPLE WHO YOU HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT! HOPE NOT TO FORGET THE Greats in cardwell again.
anon2896

United States

#33 Oct 7, 2009
i lived in cardwell for many years, my family still lives there, my mom always said if you can't say something good about someone then just keep your mouth shut. there is good and bad in everyone. most people aren't bad, they do make bad choices, that is something we all have to live with.
Thanks

Maryland Heights, MO

#34 Oct 10, 2009
I have no idea who Past Present is from Kansas City who started this thread, but maybe we need to include him/her in the list of the Good People from Cardwell. Thanks for being a GOOD CITIZEN and trying to bring out the good in people and not the bad.
Pastpresent

Poplar Bluff, MO

#35 Oct 13, 2009
I lived in Cardwell for years and knew alot of the citzens there.Some bad but alot good. And when your young, people need to remember and realize anyone can be a possitve role model. And people like Veron helped alot of kids sit up and take notice. Gave them the WANT in life to make something out of their life, and help others like Vernon always did. Or James Bishop, Vernon Green,and many many others. I don't live in Cardwell anymore and don't figure I will ever want to go back. But the memories are good ones. And the older generation belives in God, family, friends and fair play. I don't know what some of us kids would of done without the possitive people in our lives back then. And its so sad that in this day and age there aren't people like the Vernon's to help young kids. Again thanks for all the positive comments.
all good places

AOL

#36 Oct 14, 2009
I hope other towns can pick up on how a positive thread can bring back some wonderful memories.
i must have grown up in Cardwell about the same time as pastpresent because our memories are to close.
I to have great memories of James TJ Vernon and Mr. Vaughn and a host of others that was all positive.
Just here to talk

Jonesboro, AR

#37 Nov 3, 2009
Ed and Kathy Keating whould have to be the greatest people in Cardwell..They are wonderful people, and can get along with anyone. They are just good people inside and out!
studiocowboy

United States

#38 Nov 3, 2009
I have a good thing to say. Sat. Nov. 7 on the side walk in front of the Buck Donic Thrift Store there will be music from Buck Donic Church own Nashville Recording Artist and country Gospel Male Horizon Vocalist Nomenee Mike Wellman if weather permits so come on down a listen to some good country gospel music. God Bless all of Cardwell
Pastpresent

Poplar Bluff, MO

#39 Nov 8, 2009
Ed and Kathy are good people. Have known them more years than I want to admit. Knew Kathy before they got married if that says anything. They are both great people and a wonderful couple.
Just here to talk wrote:
Ed and Kathy Keating whould have to be the greatest people in Cardwell..They are wonderful people, and can get along with anyone. They are just good people inside and out!
Just Me

Edmonton, KY

#40 Nov 17, 2009
I'll add my Dad, Kenneth and mom, Agnes Barnett to your list of good, no, great people. Dad worked cheap for years hauling trash when it was mostly burn barrels..mom was a good homemaker, taking care of family and shared veggies with neighbors. I'm sure I've not been so perfect as they, but they are included in fine examples of how to treat others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cardwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) 3 hr aha 967
Meth Heads Sat Drugs 1
police scanner Sat Mallory Snow 2
Who is with Ashley caraway Thu dude look like a ... 3
arbyrd cop Thu someone 3
No sense of humor. May 24 yer killing me here 9
shhs students and faculty that have passed away (May '09) May 24 Ariana Grace 171

Cardwell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cardwell Mortgages