School Memorabilia Auctioned Off In P...

School Memorabilia Auctioned Off In Picher

There are 9 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Jun 14, 2009, titled School Memorabilia Auctioned Off In Picher. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

Thousands of pieces of school memorabilia have been auctioned off in Picher. After serving the town for generations, the Picher-Cardin School District is permanently closed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

david

United States

#1 Jun 14, 2009
i for 1 am glad to to see this public school close! public schools don't do their job of teaching and cost the taxpayers millions of dollars. students should go to private schools, or millitary schools, or be home schooled. i'm looking forward to my tax bills being smaller and more afordable from now on.
momof4

Claremore, OK

#2 Jun 14, 2009
david wrote:
i for 1 am glad to to see this public school close! public schools don't do their job of teaching and cost the taxpayers millions of dollars. students should go to private schools, or millitary schools, or be home schooled. i'm looking forward to my tax bills being smaller and more afordable from now on.
And what do you do when you can't afford private schools or you have a child with special needs and can't home school? What then? Not ALL public schools are bad.
david

United States

#3 Jun 14, 2009
momof4 wrote:
<quoted text>
And what do you do when you can't afford private schools or you have a child with special needs and can't home school? What then? Not ALL public schools are bad.
simple; give the child up for adoption. their are alot of parent want to be,s with great income. evan with that federal law that no child should be left behind, there are still kids who are left behind. if you can't afford to have kids then you don,t have the right to have kids.
With David

Tulsa, OK

#4 Jun 14, 2009
Of course you cannot afford private school, sadly you won't even be able to pay for their colleges which means they won't have the same opportunities as everyone else. We are nearing the approach I've waited for, privatizing schools will give parents and kids the opportunities to unify and shape their minds to prepare them for the top schools where they will be able to get real jobs in this world. Public schools will still be available to prepare kids for welding and call center jobs.

Otherwise they will be changing my oil in my luxury car or digging the ditch for the drainage to my new ridiculously big house where I will raise my ONE child.....if any at all.
tulsagirl

Tulsa, OK

#5 Jun 15, 2009
you ppl are all stupid.. everyone has the right to be a parent... true not all should be... but money isnt everything.. what if u are super rich.. and your child is sick.. u spend all your money to make your child better.. and u still don't succeed and he dies.. then what.. u shouldnt be a parent.. because your not rich enough? stupidity
r u kiddin

Paris, AR

#6 Jun 15, 2009
Yeah that's the ticket. Close all the public schools and force all the kids to goto a militay school. I bet we would have a much different society than we do now. Better in some ways but worse in others.

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

#7 Jun 15, 2009
With David wrote:
Of course you cannot afford private school, sadly you won't even be able to pay for their colleges which means they won't have the same opportunities as everyone else. We are nearing the approach I've waited for, privatizing schools will give parents and kids the opportunities to unify and shape their minds to prepare them for the top schools where they will be able to get real jobs in this world. Public schools will still be available to prepare kids for welding and call center jobs.
Otherwise they will be changing my oil in my luxury car or digging the ditch for the drainage to my new ridiculously big house where I will raise my ONE child.....if any at all.
Well aren't you just freaking special? So let me get this straight, in your world, all kids that go to public schools will only be qualified to dig your ditches, cut your hair, change your oil, answer your calls and/or billing questions and fill your order at Taco Bell? Rubbish! Go ahead and raise your ONE child on your high and mighty hill, in your freakishly big house! Or better yet, please don't have any kids. I would hate for it to have the same views as you do!
david

Muskogee, OK

#9 Jun 15, 2009
with david. you are 100% correct and hippichick, you are crazy enough to be in a state mental hospital for life! i say, get rid of the public schools as they don,t work and put them in a millitary or private school. they do do their job and they have a much better life because of that!

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

#10 Jun 15, 2009
david wrote:
with david. you are 100% correct and hippichick, you are crazy enough to be in a state mental hospital for life! i say, get rid of the public schools as they don,t work and put them in a millitary or private school. they do do their job and they have a much better life because of that!
Hahahahaha! I'm the one that needs to be in a mental hospital?? There are actually public schools that DO work. Not all, granted, but a lot. Do you honestly believe that getting rid of public schools and putting all children in military or private schools will work? You're delusional! Get off your high horse and come back down to reality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cardin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Latin Mass Aug 23 calgal 1
New Chapter of Outlaws MC (Mar '13) Aug 4 Long Dong Silver 9
Is that Mayo on Hillarys chin? Aug 4 Long Dong Silver 1
the wonderous prohetess lesekese (Dec '13) Apr '14 Miss Cleo 2
News Fading Picher (Jun '06) Jun '13 NoAirMan 123
News Oklahoma Supreme Court accepts Picher appeal (Jan '10) Mar '12 messed over no 1 2
News Many Oklahoma Post Offices Could Close (Jan '11) Jan '11 Le Jimbo 1

Cardin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cardin Mortgages