First Prev
of 18
Next Last

“thatsfunny”

Since: Aug 07

happy town

#1 Nov 20, 2007
Whatever happen to the mom (Susan Pevec)in FOrest City that burnt her baby and blamed it on the father?
Hello

Jermyn, PA

#2 Nov 23, 2007
COME ON PEOPLE SPEAK UP.......... I KNOW A MINOR THAT IS DOING SRRIOUS PRISON TIME FOR HAVING SEX WITH A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL FRIEND, HE WAS 17. A INNOCENT BABY IS BURNT AND WE SAY NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! WHY?????????? PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND.

“thatsfunny”

happy town

#3 Nov 27, 2007
A woman faces a list of charges involving the abuse of her toddler. Police said the mother came up with a plan to burn her child, then point the finger at the little boy's father.

Susan Pevec of the Browndale area is accused of coming up with a plan to harm her child and then put the blame on the child's father.

Susan Pevec, 29, of the Browndale area is free on bail, after she gave up her right to a preliminary hearing at the Wayne County courthouse Wednesday morning.

Prosecutors said Pevec was involved in a conspiracy to burn her child, tamper with evidence and then file false police reports to pin the blame for the abuse on the child's father.

According to court papers Pevec "did or did allow another to burn" the child.

Investigators believe the alleged abuse that took place last November was the result of an on-going custody dispute. The toddler was 14 months old at the time of the alleged abuse and suffered second degree burns on his torso.

Pevec faces several charges including endangering the welfare of children and filing false reports to police.

Investigators are not saying if anyone else may be charged.

The defense attorney would not comment on the charges.

Court papers suggest Pevec carried out a plan that involved everything from pointing police to a bag of evidence that indicated the baby's father as the abuser, to piecing together letters and sending mail, all designed to put the blame on her ex-boyfriend.

Pevec is free on bail.
Hello

Jermyn, PA

#4 Nov 29, 2007
WHAT A SICK WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!SOMEONE NEEDS TO MAKE SURE SHE NEVER HAS CHILDERN AGAIN. To harm a baby or any child that you as a mother is to love is SICK....mentally!!! Commit her and throw the key away. Maybe someone needs to burn her and let her know how bad it hurts...BUT I DO NOT know anyone sick enough to do that. This child will never forgive her, I am sure. May god keep this child safe and away from her. I hope our courts will show this child justice.

“thatsfunny”

happy town

#5 Nov 30, 2007
exactly I am wondering if the courts showed Justice there has been nothing about it in several months you think she would have already gone abck to court.
Hello

Jermyn, PA

#6 Nov 30, 2007
thatsfunny wrote:
exactly I am wondering if the courts showed Justice there has been nothing about it in several months you think she would have already gone abck to court.
The courts are SLOW. I hope she does some time BUT rember if she does or not the child will NEVER forget.How could you or anyone....NO MATTER do harm to an innocent child???? You are to love and PROTECT your childern...WHAT happened here???

“thatsfunny”

happy town

#7 Dec 3, 2007
it is just SICK!!!!!!!!! someone should do that to her so she knows how it feels. and to think she comes from a family that had a family owned restaurant in the town along with her uncle and cousin very wellknown in MAyfield where are all they through all this????? Her daddy just ran for some political thing to with their township and is a state employee. How can you bail your child out after they had hurt your st born grandchild sick people
Hello

Jermyn, PA

#8 Dec 7, 2007
thatsfunny wrote:
it is just SICK!!!!!!!!! someone should do that to her so she knows how it feels. and to think she comes from a family that had a family owned restaurant in the town along with her uncle and cousin very wellknown in MAyfield where are all they through all this????? Her daddy just ran for some political thing to with their township and is a state employee. How can you bail your child out after they had hurt your st born grandchild sick people
BECAUSE family is family....I know ...love is love ...you DO NOT turn your back on those you love NO MATTER what they did or who they are. Your childern is the most precious and NO MATTER what they do they are yours.... we raise them ...we can NOT make their chooses. We did our best..........

“thatsfunny”

happy town

#9 Dec 10, 2007
exactly but think of your words, she did this to HER own child.... i understand standing by your family but thinking they are perfect is another thing. i am glad her family is there to support her but damn they need to realize that she is not perfect
Hello

Jermyn, PA

#10 Dec 17, 2007
thatsfunny wrote:
exactly but think of your words, she did this to HER own child.... i understand standing by your family but thinking they are perfect is another thing. i am glad her family is there to support her but damn they need to realize that she is not perfect
I've always tell my full grown childern who are raising their own...they did NOT come with a hand book....it would of been so easy if they did. I know she must hate this childs father....if she hurt her own son to blame it on him....I will never understand how as a mother she could of done this. BUT I do understand why her parents are still standing by her. I am sure they know what she did was wrong and they are furious about it....who wouldn't be???? BUT she is their daughter, their blood, and probaly somehow feel alittle to blame they did not or were not able to protect their grandson....along with helping their daughter with her problems. They will always be her parents and she will always be their daughter..........love has no boundries.Belive me my oldest girl has tested my love....BUT I love her NO MATTER.

“thatsfunny”

happy town

#11 Dec 18, 2007
I agree, I was just stating my opinion as knowing this family personally, this is a family that throws stones but lives in a glass house!!!!
Hello

Jermyn, PA

#12 Dec 25, 2007
thatsfunny wrote:
I agree, I was just stating my opinion as knowing this family personally, this is a family that throws stones but lives in a glass house!!!!
I have learned and will try to never say NOT my child for I know my kids are NOT perfect nor is anyone else's....for you do NOT know what yours may do someday. I do know it takes a strong person to stand by and not walk away from their kids when they do wrong....BUT as a parent we MUST stand by them....right or wrong...we love our childern and know they are NOT perfect for neither are we as parents.HOW CAN ANY PAERNT JUST WALK AWAY FROM THEIR BLOOD????????No matter what they have done...rember you did NOT do it...your child did and they need your support no matter how wrong they were...if you are not going to be there for them....WHO can they depend on?????????? YES this mother will pay a price for such a horrible mistake.........the child will also suffer for her mistake..........sometimes life comes with hard lessons.I wish them the best and pray she gets the help she needs and receivces the support from her family she should of had before this all happened.
howdy

Carbondale, PA

#13 Mar 4, 2008
Isn't her sentencing coming up this month???

“thatsfunny”

happy town

#14 Mar 6, 2008
yes i believe in March Let me know as soon as you guys here something PLEASE

“thatsfunny”

happy town

#15 Mar 11, 2008
Susan Marie Pevec, age 29 of Browndale, PA pled guilty to two counts of False Reports to Law Enforcement Officers. The incidents occurred during the period of November 1, 2006, through May 22, 2007, wherein Pevec provided false information to Pennsylvania State Police relating to the abuse of her son (now age 2) with the intent to falsify implicate Christopher White, Kathy White, Marsha Visconti and/or Kevin White in the abuse. She also provided false information concerning other alleged abuse to her son when she knew she had no such knowledge relating to such offense or incident of abuse. Pevec is scheduled to be sentenced on March 13, 2008. She faces a possible maximum sentence of 3 years in jail and/or a fine of $7,500.00.
howdy

Carbondale, PA

#16 Mar 15, 2008
She fired her lawyer on Wednesday afternoon.
The day before her sentencing.
So now there is a continuence until next Thursday.

“thatsfunny”

happy town

#17 Mar 18, 2008
oh my gosh..... please keep me updated please
PA girl

Bloomsburg, PA

#18 Mar 19, 2008
I have known that family for almost 10 years, and I never thought any of them were capable of something like this. Even when she was accused of doing it, I didnt think she did. But I also didnt think that father did either. But now knowing that she did do it, I hope that if she doesnt go to jail, she goes to a mental facility, bc thats what she needs. Anyone who would harm their child, to get back at the fatehr bc he left her, needs help. I am glad that Mason is with Chris, and hopefully he stays there. And her family will stick by her, thats the kind of people they are, always there for their family, but I honestly don't think that her mother, father, or brothers had anything to do with it,

“thatsfunny”

happy town

#19 Mar 20, 2008
I do not think Joyce Chris or either Dave had anything to do with it either, Yes I have known Susan for over 15 years.... If she doesn ot go to jail she still needs to seek help for this, her family is very supportive, this just shocks me because her parents NEVER would lay a finger on any of their children. i cant imagine what she was thinking. you know she has gotten away with alot in the past by passing the blame nothing as serious as this but actually i really hope there is some kind of punishment just so she realizes that she cant keep getting away with stuff. ploease keep me updated
SteelerBabe

Lebec, CA

#20 Mar 20, 2008
You know..all you people talk about Susan puting the blame on other people, when reality is, none of you are any different. Do you listen to yourselves? Your all accusing Sue of burning her child, when the courts arent even blaming her. The only think she confessed to was false evidence, not to hurting her son. I have known Susan and her family for a very long time..well almost 10 years to be exact, and none of them are capable of anything like this. Yes, Susan has done some shitty things to people, but nothing any of us haven't ever done. I have seen her with her son, and she loves him very very much, and she would do anything in the world for that boy...I mean, their living room looked like toyland central..and do you think that if the boy got hurt by his mother, he would go to her and be happy around her?!?! Honestly! You all think you know what your talking about, but the truth is..all you know is how to gossip. Before you all go assuming that she did it, why don't you all wait and see what the courts have to say..before you go bad mouthing her. You, nor I know the truth, the only person who knows the truth is her..and if half of you say you know her and her family for 10 or 15 years..then you all would know that family means the most to the Pevec's. I was apart of their family for 5 years, and thoughout those years, I never saw them do anythig to hurt one another. They are always there for each other and they love each other. So there is no way she could have done that to her own son..she loves that baby, and thats all thats to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carbondale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Detractors, growing debt dog local builder (Jun '07) 10 hr Fitzgerald 3,649
News Hispanics mobilize against city immigration act... (Jun '06) Jun 18 Great Cheeto 681
Walmart in Carbondale (Mar '06) May '17 crawford bobbie jo 49
Carbondale woman waives hearings on theft charges (May '15) May '17 crawford bobbie jo 2
breakers (Dec '05) Apr '17 Psregor 5
carbondale news (Apr '08) Apr '17 Zcindy 24
News Bridge name remains same Feb '17 better or worse 1

Carbondale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carbondale Mortgages