Carbondale Apartment Building Condemned

Carbondale Apartment Building Condemned

There are 17 comments on the PAHomepage.com story from Sep 1, 2007, titled Carbondale Apartment Building Condemned. In it, PAHomepage.com reports that:

“There was garbage all over. There wasn't any dumpster to place your garbage in. It was an eyesore. There were rodents and cockroaches. I was combating them all the time and I got sick.”

Residents who were forced out of their condemned apartment building in Carbondale on Thursday were allowed to return to pick up some of their belongings on Friday. via PAHomepage.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PAHomepage.com.

Trey

Tully, NY

#1 Sep 3, 2007
They should just get it over with and condemn the whole city.

A wise man once said, someday they will come and pick up the sidewalks and store them in a closet.
petals

Kingston, PA

#2 Sep 3, 2007
lmao trey...

Since: Jul 07

Carbondale via Scranton

#3 Sep 5, 2007
Please wait to condemn the whole city until I move away thank you! lol
Trey

Tully, NY

#4 Sep 5, 2007
Desiree78 wrote:
Please wait to condemn the whole city until I move away thank you! lol
Move soon while there is still room in Simpson.

Since: Jul 07

Carbondale via Scranton

#5 Sep 15, 2007
Trey wrote:
<quoted text>
Move soon while there is still room in Simpson.
Huh? What's do ya mean? I'm trying to move back down the valley. There's still people moving into Carbondale, not quite as bad as Simpson though, it's a shame.
short stuff

AOL

#6 Sep 20, 2007
If all the negative people moved out of town this would be a great place to live.
knoebels

AOL

#7 Sep 23, 2007
the mayor justin is looking for free press so goes around and condemes homes look at the picture how he plays with the locks from the building (it looks like he called every reporter for the whole NEPA) i wonder is he going to run for higher office
Smart Dude

Staten Island, NY

#8 Oct 14, 2007
Not to worry Trey.
The young dynamo of a mayor Carbondale has is already ahead of you.
He is going around condemning property that is unfit for human habitation. That will take care of three quarters of the town. The last quarter of the town will be taken care of when there is no town because it has all been condemned, and they them go ahead and close down their dump of a hospital, their public schools, and city hall itself. The smart inhabitants of Carbondale, have seen the impending doom and have gotten nice insurance coverage, and set their homes and businesses on fire.
They are building a catering hall, parking garage, and hotel to house all the rats and roached from the buildings they are condemning.
Carbondale has no hope. I agree with you trey, and soon the whole town will indeed be condemned.
H8er

Forest City, PA

#9 Sep 13, 2008
Trey wrote:
They should just get it over with and condemn the whole city.
A wise man once said, someday they will come and pick up the sidewalks and store them in a closet.
I agree with you-
H8er

Forest City, PA

#10 Sep 13, 2008
HA Mayor Taylor - Please lets take a long hard look into what he actually did for CARBONDALE. Because I think its all a smoke and mirror show.
I heard hes not going to run in the next term for mayor- Stay on your toes he might run for somthing bigger DONT VOTE TAYLOR - "I WONT"
Uppervalley Native

Carbondale, PA

#11 Sep 13, 2008
How could you vote.... You are from the thriving industrial, business oriented metropolis of FOREST CITY with a population of 312.
H8er wrote:
HA Mayor Taylor - Please lets take a long hard look into what he actually did for CARBONDALE. Because I think its all a smoke and mirror show.
I heard hes not going to run in the next term for mayor- Stay on your toes he might run for somthing bigger DONT VOTE TAYLOR - "I WONT"
H8er

Carbondale, PA

#12 Sep 15, 2008
Uppervalley Native wrote:
How could you vote.... You are from the thriving industrial, business oriented metropolis of FOREST CITY with a population of 312.
<quoted text>
Please Uppervalley Native - Your even ashamed to call yourshelf a carbondale native. DONT LET THE IP Address fool you I was born and raised in Carbondale and still live there today (I love the Town and the People) but this mayor has to go.
I read in another entry about Hendrick Lane.
And yes there are nice homes on Hendrick lane. But how about Belmont Street, Russell Street, Main Street, church Street, Birkett Street. Dundaff. Fallbrook, Ect. While your dodging the potholes that havent been even considered to be fixed take a look around at what your marvelous mayor really did... WAKE UP
ABJ

Carbondale, PA

#13 Sep 15, 2008
Its not that bad in Carbondale
North East Pa

New York, NY

#14 Sep 15, 2008
Carbondale is a fine place that will one day go back to it's former glory.
cardale girl

Carbondale, PA

#15 Sep 17, 2008
first thing get rid of cops on carbondale payroll they are not doing their job
Rail 57

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Oct 20, 2008
There is no shame in calling your self an upper valley person, then it is to to call your self an lower valley person,
We are all in the same boat in Lack. county.
The politicianes have everyone in a state of tax blindness and some of you are still in the state of the old coal cracking school ways and won't let go.
that is why we are all in the shape we are in,
Some of us refuse to learn and except the new world that is upon us all.
get real and get with the program and open your eyes an new America is upon us.
Thank you
Venus

AOL

#17 Aug 14, 2009
I live in Simpson and to me both Carbondale and Simpson are horrible places to live. Simpson has to endure the stink that Gentex puts out in the air all the time.

I live in a family feuded over dilapitated house right next to another feuded over apartment building also dilapitated and why they are all feuding over these two places is beyond me. Anyone who goes by main st simpson has nick named it *the taj mahal* because it is so unsightly. Both properties need to be condemned but i don't know who to contact about the safety issues here, can anyone help me out??? Email me at: [email protected] It would be greatly appreciated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carbondale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Detractors, growing debt dog local builder (Jun '07) 2 hr Cardinals 3,650
News Hispanics mobilize against city immigration act... (Jun '06) Jun 18 Great Cheeto 681
Walmart in Carbondale (Mar '06) May '17 crawford bobbie jo 49
Carbondale woman waives hearings on theft charges (May '15) May '17 crawford bobbie jo 2
breakers (Dec '05) Apr '17 Psregor 5
carbondale news (Apr '08) Apr '17 Zcindy 24
News Bridge name remains same Feb '17 better or worse 1

Carbondale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carbondale Mortgages