Carbondale is the most beautiful plac...

Carbondale is the most beautiful place I have ever seen

Posted in the Carbondale Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Julie

Scranton, PA

#1 Jun 10, 2007
As I look out my windows, at the mountains around me, that are COVERED in very full trees, and quaint cozy homes, I realize that this is the most beautiful place I have ever seen.
Julie

Scranton, PA

#2 Jun 10, 2007
I still want to move though, because as time has gone by, I have started to feel like I cannot just live my life here anymore, and that there are police on every corner!!!
rob

Clarks Summit, PA

#3 Jun 14, 2007
Julie are we speaking about the same place?
you apparently live on the wrong side of town if the cops are on every corner...
Joe

Absecon, NJ

#4 Jun 18, 2007
Compared to Simpson, Carbondale is beautiful.

But if you ever get a chance to go to Mayfield. Mayfield is much nicer than Carbondale.
Kelly

Baltimore, MD

#5 Jun 19, 2007
Are you people sheltered. I will admit that NEPA is beautiful, but of all plaves, carbondale? I don't think Julie is a real person. And there are places other than carbondale that are much better kept, thank you
Joe

Linwood, NJ

#6 Jun 19, 2007
Last Wednesday, I took Amtrak through Baltimore. You can put the most decreped building in Carbondale along the tracks in Baltimore and it would be an improvement compared to what I saw along the tracks.

But then Baltimore's Inner Harbor is great.

By the way I hear Amtrak will be serving Carbondale and Simpson.
Remington Resident

Washington, DC

#7 Jun 19, 2007
Joe wrote:
Last Wednesday, I took Amtrak through Baltimore. You can put the most decreped building in Carbondale along the tracks in Baltimore and it would be an improvement compared to what I saw along the tracks.
I agree with your statement about the train route through Baltimore. Years before I moved here, I took the Amtrak train to DC via Baltimore, and I would have never thought back then that I would live here.

But I've lived most of my life in NEPA, and now I'm here, and it's obvious that this city needs help, and I'm an active member of the community trying to do my part.

I'm from the Forest City area, and it's sad to go back there. The place needs some life. I see too many people my age that are trapped in nothingness. But I'll never stop going back. I still love it there.
Rail 55

Mechanicsburg, PA

#8 Jul 26, 2007
I have only one thing to say and I am an native
of the area here and born and raised here.
and porble die here.
But I have taken a reality check during the years and I know the buck stops at Dickson City and from there up to Forest city
Some of you need a reality check.
And get away from the old school ways
it is dragging you all down.
that is why a lot of people are depressed.
Untill you all come out of that old school shell things won't change and Carbondale will all ways seam depressed and durity and high taxed.
A FRIEND

Lake Ariel, PA

#9 May 17, 2008
The future is ours.... Bring back Carbondale. I was born on the West Side of Carbondale. I've lived, worked, and played here for my my entire life.
My entire family lives in and around the City. Everyone needs to wake up an realize this City was Built on hard work and good people. Who are still here. But we need a boost. I was regretfully informed that the Pioneer Days/Nights whatever committee have done away with the youth fishing derby. So now all the wonderfully misguided children of Carbondale could roam the streets, go to the skate park and smoke some grass or go to Russel park and step on a heroin needle playing catch football. And sure all you wonderful parents in this city are going to blame to police, city counsel, and of course we cant forget the MAYOR. But the truth is the problem lies with the parents and guardians not the city counsel or the police or the mayor.
Carbondale needs to get back to its roots for being a great place to live. At the dawn of the century Carbondale was one of the most technologically advanced and prosperous cities in the UNITED STATES Not just Pennsylvania, THE ENTIRE UNITED STATES

Seriously when everyone from Carbondale who tries to pass the buck on who's sending Carbondale to hell in a handbag. Folks take a long look in the mirror before pointing fingers.

How about this next time you see a crime happening call the cops, the next time you see a dollar store bag blowing around the street throw it in the garbage. And community service isn't just for Criminals and the Boy Scouts get out in YOUR / OUR Community and make a difference.

"Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success."
- Henry Ford
Kip

Long Island City, NY

#10 May 19, 2008
How far have you been in your life?? Waymart perhaps.
William

Jermyn, PA

#11 May 21, 2008
Kip wrote:
How far have you been in your life?? Waymart perhaps.
I've seen alot and done alot- but the fact still stands that there a more people out there pointing fingers carbondale's downfall. Then attempting to make it a better place
Jim C

United States

#12 May 22, 2008
I was born and raised in Carbondale, but I left in 1971. I have been back to visit a few times over the years, and every time I do I have to admit Carbondale goes down hill a little bit everytime I see it. I have traveled all over the world and there are worse places than Carbondale. The city has really gone down hill over the years, but it the place of my birth and I will never forget it. There have been attempts to improvethe city over the years, but due to the corrupt politicians and the location of Carbondale I really think Carbondale is a dead city. I now live in Texas and there is no way I would move back to Carbondale.
Kyle from Carbondale

Carbondale, PA

#13 Nov 1, 2008
Honestly, Carbondale has its nicer areas, and others are completely horrendous, many residents may know the areas I'm referring to. Much of the hillside region has elaborate structures and beautiful environments, but some inner-city areas are the counterpoint. A nice township around Carbondale would be White's Crossing, the true meaning of a quaint, peaceful neighborhood.

“This too shall pass”

Since: Dec 06

Small Town, USA

#14 Nov 2, 2008
If you can't bloom where you are planted (and I've been in that situation) you have to uproot and move.
Otherwise, start weeding and fertilizing for yourselves and your little seedlings. You may need to do some pruning of the older, tougher plants, as well.
0Bama08

New York, NY

#15 Nov 4, 2008
The great day is almost here!
Mark your calendars folks!
11/05 will be a day to Celebrate!
Toldya

New York, NY

#16 Nov 5, 2008
Boom Shakalaka!

Change has come to America!

“This too shall pass”

Since: Dec 06

Small Town, USA

#17 Nov 8, 2008
Get a life. Check out the Onion website on obsessed Obama supporters post-election
mee

Carbondale, PA

#18 Nov 19, 2008
welcome to carbondale.. Section 8 capital of the great northeast.
Mike

Jermyn, PA

#19 Nov 23, 2008
Kyle from Carbondale wrote:
Honestly, Carbondale has its nicer areas, and others are completely horrendous, many residents may know the areas I'm referring to. Much of the hillside region has elaborate structures and beautiful environments, but some inner-city areas are the counterpoint. A nice township around Carbondale would be White's Crossing, the true meaning of a quaint, peaceful neighborhood.
Kyle dont be letting the cat out of the bag about whites crossing, those people in carbondale better stay in carbondale KEEP OUT says I
Theresa

Carbondale, PA

#21 Jun 7, 2013
Joe wrote:

WHo are you people carbondale pa is the most depressing ugly city i have ever lived in

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carbondale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Detractors, growing debt dog local builder (Jun '07) Tue ConCon 3,643
breakers (Dec '05) Apr 10 Psregor 5
News Hispanics mobilize against city immigration act... (Jun '06) Apr 7 facepalm Friday 663
carbondale news (Apr '08) Apr 5 Zcindy 24
News Bridge name remains same Feb '17 better or worse 1
News Vandals Target Community (Aug '09) Jan '17 NEPA WhereFunGoe... 102
News Pa. woman is 1 of 3 accused in strangling overd... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Lakeland Highway ... 1

Carbondale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carbondale Mortgages