Trial begins for accused child rapist

Nov 10, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Times-Tribune

A Carbondale man accused of raping a 6-year-old girl last year was in court Monday for a trial on six charges, including rape of a child and aggravated indecent assault.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Raquel

Carbondale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

Siko , cut of his manly hood part,lock him up and through the key away .
A 6 yr old girl ! What is this world my she have the support she needs to get past this horror.
friend

Carbondale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

i believe he is innocent. you cant believe everything you read.

“thatsfunny”

Since: Aug 07

happy town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2008

I guess we will let the court decide if he is innocent or guilty, if guilty he deserves to be punished can you imagie what the 6 year old girl will go thr for the rest of her life
disturbed

Wilkes Barre, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2008

I dont think he is innocent, studies show that children never make stuff like that up. i believe the statics are 1 out of every 4 child lies about being abused. He deserves the harshest punishment you can give someone. he is a disgusting disgusting man!!!
scoop

Carbondale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Whats the scoop is this Eric Baez born and raised here in Carbondale? Does this Baez have family in Carbondale cause that name sounds like he might be another immigrant. Theres been alot of new faces and names moving here and even the Section 8 Housing is the normal thing. May be if the landlords that are just buying up houses stop renting to outsiders things might go better. How many people do you know that keep buying houses just to rent them out on Section 8 so this way they get the mortgages paid by the states welfare money. There should be some new laws made to stop this cause all it does is make the streets here more dangerous and the lowlifes move here from New Jersey, New York and other big cities just for a free ride on the state welfare.
How many landlords are out of staters too?
Start publishing the names of these landlords and see how quick they clean up their act. If theres no way to publish their names then tell your friends family and neighbors. Heck just put the names of the slumlords here in this topix board.
They just might get ashamed and crawl under a rock{or move}.
dontjumptoconclu sions

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2009

Innocent until proven guilty.
Isn't that what our justice system stands for?
The burden of proof stands with the prosecution.
The prosecution must prove beyond reasonable doubt that this man indeed commited what is alleged. Wheather or not he is an Imigrant or not bears no meaning.
Inscribed on the statue of liberty reads, Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
clean sweep

Carbondale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2009

hey poster "dont jump to conclusions" ---
your buddy was convicted so that means there was sufficient evidence to PROVE he was guilty.
Looks like this Eric Baez is going away for a long time. Just curious as to WHY you would defend this predator anyway? You know him?
Maybe you or someone close bought a few props there in Carbondale and maybe rented to them?
Hey like they say, sooner or later the fox is caught.

http://www.scrantontimes.com/articles/2008/11...
dontjumptoconclu sions

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2009

I was not defending the acused, I was defending the principles by which this great nation abides, ie... our justice system.
If the prosecution was able to bear the burden of proof beyond reasonable doubt, then he deserves to be punished and a jury of his peers will decide his fate. LONG LIVE OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM! We are one lucky country to have a system that works!
howdy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

Defending what justice system? That depends on what county and state you live in and whether you're wealthy or poor. How about the judges and court workers in Luzerne County that were busted for their kind of justice. They were making millions of dollars by putting juveniles in detention centers. I think it's time to revamp our justice systems and do away with all of the nepotism too. When those federal agents are finished in Luzerne County, they really need to go on over to Lackawanna County and do some investigating. I read about the Eric Baez case and read most of the posts here on Topix. That guy is sick in the head and should pay for what he did to that little girl. That child will carry those scars for a lifetime. As far as the houses being bought up by out of towners, that's going on all over the place. They're called slumlords. That should also be looked in to and maybe make it law that if a person buys multiple rental properties, they should at least live nearby so they can keep an eye on who they're renting to. That's what background checks are for. The system is broken and it needs to be fixed.
dontjumptoconclu sions

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

Eric Baez and the corrupt judges are doing time for their crimes. As you can see, the system does work.
There's no better justice system than the American Justice System, and now with Obama at the helm, there is nothing but blue skies ahead.
AHOY MATEY!
mswtldy

Carbondale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

dont believe everything you hear or read. eric baez is innocent. even though they found him guilty that does not matter. how many innocent people get sent to prison for something they did not do. there is more to this story than was told. eric baez is innocent. i have known him for a long time and i know he did not do this.
GetSerious

Carbondale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2009

Judged:

I notice mswtldy keeps saying over and over and over that Eric Baez is innocent.
Now why could that be?
Maybe ms is related to Eric?
If he was so damn innocent then why is it that he was sentenced to 52-100 plus years?
Come on sleneeeeeeeeee or mreennnnnnnnn....what you think we don't know?????
Get the heads out the backsides then face it.
Down on main street.
Evan Yuzalko suicide

Kenansville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2009

Carbondale is a crap town with crap people so who cares what you all do to eachother

by far the worst place I have ever lived.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Carbondale Discussions

Search the Carbondale Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 2 hr Independent Voter 3,557
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr A non believer 51,406
Debate: Marijuana - Carbondale, PA (Sep '10) Mar 30 m 23
Vandals Target Community (Aug '09) Mar 27 fgfc820 101
Robert Arthur (Stoney) Feb '14 Curious 4
Angela Feb '14 Anonymous 1
Brian R. Frisbie (Oct '09) Feb '14 Rob 17
•••

Fire Warning for Lackawanna County was issued at April 24 at 3:49AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Carbondale Jobs