Welcome to Carbondale
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Glad I left

Charlotte, NC

#64 Mar 15, 2010
The town is a dump. It has been a dump for some time now. The mayor is an idiot, and thinks he lives in NYC. Putting a "HOTEL" in the town would be a waste. I mean come on who the hell wants to go to Garbagedale for vacation or even to stay a night. I left and glad I did so. Keep ripping down buildings, maybe then you can build some methadone clinics for all the Junkies you have living there.
gilbert street

Carbondale, PA

#65 Mar 15, 2010
We are all glad that "glad I left" left.
mary

Forest City, PA

#66 Mar 15, 2010
gilbert street wrote:
We are all glad that "glad I left" left.
I'm glad for "glad I left" to. I'm happy for him.
carbondale crap hole

Hampstead, NC

#67 Mar 15, 2010
its a small city right next to an antique coal mining town
you have small town folk with small town intelligence levels so what do you expect to happen ?
everyone in that town who chooses to be there especially if they have kids should be slapped.
anyone who chooses to live there is just to lazy to move or they have to many "roots" there to leave.
maybe they want to make sure that they inherit grandpa johns house or great aunt susans nice jewelry
greed is a powerful emotion
biggfig

Laurel, MD

#68 Mar 17, 2010
Walmart isn't going to happen. Kmart would be the way to go. I just want some Blue Bunny ice cream.
carbondaliane

Vineland, NJ

#69 Mar 18, 2010
i think instead of all the post on the board ppl who are unhappy and disatisfied should go to the town meetings, pick up a pen and papper a phone or go to the mayors facebook page and discuss this with him. no doubt the town has gone down hill, when i was a kid we didnt have to worry about SO much crime but time has passed for C'dale as well as many other places, the rise in crime is every where. the building i agree should have been first prioroty...shame on the mayor and the rest of the board, this leaves ppl's lives in danger. i beleave everyone who cres so much to be upset should be upset enough to go and speak there peace. ppl are more affraid of one another then they were back in the day and with good reason, it's npt our neighbors fault and its not our fault its the unfourtant times we live in. only we as ppl can make it better. God Bless
crap in my butt hair

Hampstead, NC

#70 Mar 19, 2010
isnt BLUE BUNNY ice cream carbondale slang for rock cocaine ?

I think we all know it is

shame on you for ruining the good name of blue bunny
Umm

Jermyn, PA

#71 Mar 31, 2010
RockinRob wrote:
Nice grammar. Typical, but you'll be hearing from many more people actually living in that dump opposed to outsiders that actually take the time to notice all the dispositions.
RockinRob, why don't you continue to circle the square in WB trolling for teenager ass. You have to be well over 40 by now. You're as big of a joke as Carbondale is.
NotUmmmmm

Reading, PA

#72 Mar 31, 2010
Umm wrote:
<quoted text>
RockinRob, why don't you continue to circle the square in WB trolling for teenager ass. You have to be well over 40 by now. You're as big of a joke as Carbondale is.
You are calling yourself a loser and a joke yourself since your IP says you're IN Carbondale! HAHAHAHAHA Maybe thats why he left Carbondale...to pursue better!!! Sounds like he moved on opposed to you!! Why dont you do the same?!! Sounds like you are jealous of him by the sounds of it and cant score any ass yourself! Maybe you and the mayor can go around town and patrol whats left of that shit place you call home. You lose!

“Often ImitatedNever Duplicated”

Since: Feb 09

Horseheads, NY/ Crystal Lake

#73 Mar 31, 2010
Umm wrote:
<quoted text>
RockinRob, why don't you continue to circle the square in WB trolling for teenager ass. You have to be well over 40 by now. You're as big of a joke as Carbondale is.
Umm....seems to me you LIVE IN Carbondale, so for you to be saying I am a joke compared to YOUR town speaks volumes. I have moved on and if I wanna cruise the square in WB or Carbondale or wherever....thats MY business. If you want to spy on me and try to learn how I roll, then you are pretty far behind the times my friend. You probably arent married, live with your parents still and in your 30's. You dont know me, you only hear things, so the next time you want to make false accusations in a topix forum, I suggest picking up another hobby or getting a job to make better use of your time. Have fun in your joke of a town. Been there, done that....MOVED ON!!!!
crap in your butt hair

Hampstead, NC

#74 Mar 31, 2010
carbondale sucks and so do the people who live in and around it
my god

Carbondale, PA

#75 May 17, 2010
That guy wrote:
Alright, we'll start first with the introduction as to why I am saying what I am. I have been living in Carbondale for 5 years now. I've noted some people on this forum have a problem with "outsiders" however, I came here to raise my family and many of you have been trying to raise families here for quite some time, so let's talk about it.
Pros.
Carbondale still has that very faint small town feel to it, which is wonderful.
You have all your needs at your fingertips, another great perk.
Tons of playgrounds(see below)
Cons.
Where to start, half of the buildings in this town are vacant and falling down. the roads are a mess, we have playgrounds intended for children that are riddled with litter and "shacks" filled with garbage. Ever been to the park on East Garfield? Their is an old rusted "hazardous" stove sitting in the pavillion along with plenty of other litter. I prefer going to this park because it is set out of the way, quiet. Great place to take the family. Now my question is, why are we paying someone to mow the grass, but cannot fathom the idea that people aren't going to this place because of it's aesthetics. So my question that I pose to anyone who may be reading this is why. What is Carbondale doing to "clean" this up.... Build a parking garage. Great idea, let's spend money so that people can park in a place they don't want to go to. Does anyone know what the cost of this is, because yet again all information about Carbondale is not readily available through the internet.
I have serious problems with the lack of community this town has. Another question I'll ask, do you know your neighbors? Do you want to? I'll be honest, I DO NOT want to know half of my neighbors. To put things into perspective. 0.10% of Carbondale's population(based on the 2000 census) of 14,672 are registered sex offenders. Comparitively 0.05% of an Urban city in New Jersey with a population of 23221(Again based on the 2000 census). Oddly enough, each city has 12 registered offenders. While this information may seem astounding, keep in mind that as far as crime statistics go Carbondale favors better then the above mentioned city. I hope that this will spark some intrest from some of you, and perhaps we can formulate a collective idea for our city to flourish as it once did.
Lets just say in the last 15 years Carbondale has turned into one big dump!! "MY GARBAGEDALE BURN TO THE GROUND" I'll be the first to strike a match.

“This too shall pass”

Since: Dec 06

Small Town, USA

#76 May 18, 2010
Anyone can be a destroyer. Find a corner of your world and beautify and build it up rather than attacking a struggling community.
Who-a

Moscow, PA

#77 May 18, 2010
well your just not touching quite the tip of the ice-burge.
I am an old Carbondale person and you don't know the half on what is going on in town.
There is a secret clicky Political group of people that are running this town and it is what it is for years and continues on.
I was told one time without the click the town it would not go no where, But I told some of these so call people With the Click the town is no where and still remains there since then, and I said this over twenty years ago.
Ask yourself why all the new street lights and sidewalks in town , and them other so call improvements being done...
Answer money and taxes , in the next few years taxes in Carbondale will be higher ever before and they will say there is no money who-a.
But we can build parking garges and thinking about hotels and ect.
But where are the stores and jobs to keep people going and what about our seniors.
AH seniors, they are the back bone of Carbondale and still are , being drain dryed and living on all most nothing, and taking the blows and still keep on ticking with no changes , boy oh boy what a way of life.
Some to think about huh......
The northeastern Pa is the hot spot for seniors I told this to a few political people years ago and they had the chance to be way ahead by creating improvement for the seniors but they look the other way.
As for neighbors LOL....everyone knows everyones business that is a normal thing for years.
Well my friend that is what it is.....depression...!
Thank U all for reading this
Who-a
That guy wrote:
Alright, we'll start first with the introduction as to why I am saying what I am. I have been living in Carbondale for 5 years now. I've noted some people on this forum have a problem with "outsiders" however, I came here to raise my family and many of you have been trying to raise families here for quite some time, so let's talk about it.
Pros.
Carbondale still has that very faint small town feel to it, which is wonderful.
You have all your needs at your fingertips, another great perk.
Tons of playgrounds(see below)
Cons.
Where to start, half of the buildings in this town are vacant and falling down. the roads are a mess, we have playgrounds intended for children that are riddled with litter and "shacks" filled with garbage. Ever been to the park on East Garfield? Their is an old rusted "hazardous" stove sitting in the pavillion along with plenty of other litter. I prefer going to this park because it is set out of the way, quiet. Great place to take the family. Now my question is, why are we paying someone to mow the grass, but cannot fathom the idea that people aren't going to this place because of it's aesthetics. So my question that I pose to anyone who may be reading this is why. What is Carbondale doing to "clean" this up.... Build a parking garage. Great idea, let's spend money so that people can park in a place they don't want to go to. Does anyone know what the cost of this is, because yet again all information about Carbondale is not readily available through the internet.
I have serious problems with the lack of community this town has. Another question I'll ask, do you know your neighbors? Do you want to? I'll be honest, I DO NOT want to know half of my neighbors. To put things into perspective. 0.10% of Carbondale's population(based on the 2000 census) of 14,672 are registered sex offenders. Comparitively 0.05% of an Urban city in New Jersey with a population of 23221(Again based on the 2000 census). Oddly enough, each city has 12 registered offenders. While this information may seem astounding, keep in mind that as far as crime statistics go Carbondale favors better then the above mentioned city. I hope that this will spark some intrest from some of you, and perhaps we can formulate a collective idea for our city to flourish as it once did.
Melody Lane

Carbondale, PA

#78 May 20, 2010
Why would you say:"WELCOME TO CARBONDALE?" Why don't you say:"BEWARE OF CARBONDALE!" since most of your posters rip the city down. Your such a bunch of hypocrites! Residents lived, worked & died here and struggled to make conditions better. The drugs are self induced and has nothing to do with Carbondale & their culture. You say the people here are noisy and don't mind their own business. Maybe they live in fear because of all the rebellious behavior bestowed upon the past generations of God fearing people who valued live and their neighbors,as well. Whether you stay or leave this city; is your choice but if you're living here, use your mouths & your strong bodies to make improvements. There are so many great ideas you can come up with. Don't concern yourself about the $$$$$. You would be surprised how much people would invest to insure their quality of life. Don't lurk in the shadows; step forward and try it. Meet with your mayor. See first hand what a great guy he is. Present your ideas. If he doesn't hear from the youth, he will go along with the matters presented. What do you have to lose?
The passion for life comes with learning & doing.
cameragirl

Honesdale, PA

#79 May 21, 2010
Sidewalks were done? I don't think so. Half of them were, when will the other half of Main St be done?
MIKE

Bethlehem, PA

#80 Jun 20, 2010
The Mayor's doing a great job. The town is starting to look good. Good things come slow. I'm still waiting for a walmart or Kmart. I think that would help the town. What do ypu think?
Evan Andrew Uzialko

Hampstead, NC

#83 Jun 26, 2010
Untitled

Look into my soul,
A pit that's very deep.
All you'll see's a hole
And a youthful mindless creep.
Like the night and day,
It comes and goes.
One day I'll pay and you all will know
The way I feel on this worthless planet.
I'll whine and squeal
Like a dying rabbit.
The pain you all see
Is all because of me.
Accept my apology and set me free.
Free from life, free from hell.
You'll see me dine in the place I dwell.
I ask you this and nothing more,
Let me die,
For I am sore.
Evan Andrew Uzialko

Copyright 2009 Evan Andrew Uzialko

[b.] September 11, 1977, Scranton, PA; [p.] Robert and Alice Uzialko;
[ed.] Lakeland High School Jermyn, PA; [memb.] Black Belt member of
Scranton Tang So Do Academy; [pers.] Evan completed suicide on June 8, 1995.
The day before his high school graduation. He fought so hard to put these
terrible feelings out of his mind. But nothing could help him.; [a.] Jermyn, PA
Evan Andrew Uzialko

Hampstead, NC

#84 Jun 27, 2010
.....But nothing could help him....

I WONDER ABOUT THAT EVERYDAY SINCE THAT FATEFUL DAY

NOTHING COULD HELP HIM ?

HE WAS 17....HE HAD EVERYTHING IN HIS CORNER TO HELP HIM BUT EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING HE HAD LET HIM DOWN

SO GOES THE SAD SAD STORY OF LIVING IN NEPA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carbondale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Push continues for distracted driving bill 16 hr Hot Tub Hitman 17
News Detractors, growing debt dog local builder (Jun '07) May 2 Zeke the Pinhead 3,487
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Mar '16 Drums leprechaun 54
Old Site of Camp Shawnee (Aug '06) Feb '16 George Curtis 872
News The Officer's Side of the Story Feb '16 Beannie 5
News Family Searching for Answers After Son is Shot ... Dec '15 Susan Hull 1
News 2 Carbondale Area directors say fellow member o... Dec '15 Bill Andrews 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carbondale Mortgages