Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52056 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

ProCCW

O Fallon, MO

#34960 Jul 29, 2012
Well I would imagine sex without Gods Blessing Would become dull and empty... Lilith and Weebles as one! Brilliant thought! Makes sense because both are Morons.
I am all for free will but when you go about publicly twisting scripture and professing there is no God. Well, Those are fighting words. I tried earlier to post scripture pertaining to sexuality, they do not even have enough light in them to see just the words, let alone the meaning. Those poor souls, do not know what all they are missing. Live a life soo empty and then you just die. That's it for them. Those poor souls.

I like your sense of humor and have enjoyed your posts.
My husband always says "Nothing better (in bed) than a Saved woman"

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#34961 Jul 29, 2012
ProCCW wrote:
Mother Mary.....you are my kinda gal!! I too am a Christain wife and mother,worked long enough to save loads of cash for retirement. Now stay home with all the chillin's They as you know are all wrong about a biblical marriage. I can get as slutty as I desire with my Husband, and he loves it. 30 years and counting and the sex gets better and better. Why....(this is what they do not get) because my union with my husband is blessed by God! They can put it down untill they are blue in the balls or poser balls, because they have never and will never experience the deep seeded love that we have. Will I Whore myself out to my husband.....You Betcha I Will.
Oh one more thing Weebles is a complete and total Fraud. Wait, there is a possibility SHE is Sybil.
Mother Mary you just keep on keepin on..........
For Mother Mary & you;

ONE
Marriage is a man and woman divinely united as one.
One person guarding your heart more than their own.
One for time and storm weathered strength.
One for the life-long commitment of spirits united.
One that is familiar with my soul secrets.
One that knows the good and bad, and still loves.
One enjoying the fruit of familiarity.
One that knows and delights in pleasing
ALL the private and hidden parts of another.
And most powerful?
One intimacy that is shared with no one else.
That is a climax that only happens in real marriage.
Anything less is a sacrilege.

From a grateful husband.
mahz_

United States

#34962 Jul 29, 2012
The message of Christ is so beautiful.

Then when you see his angry hateful followers it makes you wonder where the disconnect occurs.

You do more to chase people away from Christ with your venom than I ever could.

Sit around and be as self righteous as you like. If you are right and there is a God he will rebuke you for your behavior. Youre going to burn in hell for your actions and your too damn proud and self righteous to even realize it. That is pure comedy right there.
mahz_

United States

#34963 Jul 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
For Mother Mary & you;
ONE
Marriage is a man and woman divinely united as one.
One person guarding your heart more than their own.
One for time and storm weathered strength.
One for the life-long commitment of spirits united.
One that is familiar with my soul secrets.
One that knows the good and bad, and still loves.
One enjoying the fruit of familiarity.
One that knows and delights in pleasing
ALL the private and hidden parts of another.
And most powerful?
One intimacy that is shared with no one else.
That is a climax that only happens in real marriage.
Anything less is a sacrilege.
From a grateful husband.
Thats your opinion and your entitled to it. But when UCC is marrying gay people, your denial of their marriage rights goes against their first amendment right to religious freedom.

Location hidden

#34964 Jul 29, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes...the great religious blackmail: do I we say why you're alive or you'll be sorry when you're dead! Mind you, there is no proof of what happens after you die, but you better worship or you'll burn in a lake of fire for all eternity!
The greatest con man ever invented...
You make things.

They are your creation.

Yours.

You do with them as you choose.

Treasure them or break them.

Use them or lose them.

If they could speak your voice would certainly heard from one of them,

"I don't owe you anything!"

"What right do you have to judge me!"

Just think about it.

Location hidden

#34965 Jul 29, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not, one person. I assure you. Lilith is a person, who has been hurt, just as you, she has no family that cares like you. She lashes out, but she needs prayer, not to be talked about. I have been reading this thread along time. I am a Christian, and have talked to the ones who have been around since the thread was started off and on. I am sorry for the bad things that has happened to you in your life, and it sounds like you have a wonderful and caring husband, as I. You are blessed. You have forgotten the reason why you came on here as a Christian. I know they can make you see red, but they have had so many christians who have acted just like them, and they fight back. Weebles, I have had my arguments with him, but he is a man whose belief systems are not like a regular Christian. I was in your shoes, and lost it with him. I had to repent, because that is not what God is all about. We all need prayer. Just something to think about. You won't bring them in like this. It gets discouraging I know, but don't you think others have went down this road? God loves them all, just as you and I we are not different. God is no respector of persons. God gives us freewill to serve him or not.... Mr. Weebels knows the Bible, probably better than you, but so do scientists who don't believe. God bless you all.
Now, to Mr. Think,
Do you carry car insurance? Would you even if it was not the law? I love the Lord with all of my heart, and to me, I am prepared , just in case...:) Gotta go, have a good evening.
Just curious, how is your response working here now?

Location hidden

#34966 Jul 29, 2012
mahz_ wrote:
The message of Christ is so beautiful.
Then when you see his angry hateful followers it makes you wonder where the disconnect occurs.
You do more to chase people away from Christ with your venom than I ever could.
Sit around and be as self righteous as you like. If you are right and there is a God he will rebuke you for your behavior. Youre going to burn in hell for your actions and your too damn proud and self righteous to even realize it. That is pure comedy right there.
Your response 'loves' them into hell.

You selectively choose Christ's message.

Location hidden

#34967 Jul 29, 2012
mahz_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats your opinion and your entitled to it. But when UCC is marrying gay people, your denial of their marriage rights goes against their first amendment right to religious freedom.
Looks like you got me in a 'legal' arm twist1

Only problem?

It is logically really idiotic...
mahz_

United States

#34968 Jul 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you got me in a 'legal' arm twist1
Only problem?
It is logically really idiotic...
How so?

Logically if people are practicing gay marriage rights in their church then any attempt to deny them their religious rights is a violation of the first amendment.

How is that not logical ya idiot?
ProCCW

O Fallon, MO

#34969 Jul 29, 2012
KiMare, I have a great deal of compassion and prayer for them. I too see them as hurt souls. There is though a time when Christians have to fight, as in guard your heart.
Perhaps this is not one of them. I do not see Mother Mary as judgmental or lashing out. She is simply speaking the truth in a language they can understand. I started on here with Weebles and was very gentle, however the minute I tried to get a lucid debate going, he turned nasty. How do you debate with jibber jabber? Well you can not so I quit responding. All there really is to do is pray and remain silent.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#34970 Jul 29, 2012
Mother Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Blackmail? you do not get the concept of Blackmail do you? Not a big surprise that you do not understand the meaning of the word. To blackmail someone one "must get something out of it" I get not
one thing in return for "warning you of the hell waiting for you.
There is "no proof that you are real" I have never seen you I do not have any reason to believe that you have ever lived, this could all be some kind of computer "trick". I have no proof you were ever born, you may not be at all and if you are "at all" you
maybe "some demon spirit". You can bet it all bet all the marbles
take that game of chance, ask yourself "how lucky you feel when you
draw that last breath" ask yourself if you have time before you slip into (what you say is the great unknown) "Do I feel lucky"
I'm betting the house the car my life and everything else your answer will be a WEAK AND FEARFUL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!
First, I was referring to religion - not you - when I spoke of blackmail. My post clearly stated that.

Second, are you actually suggesting that people should believe in a god just to be safe?

What a bizarre notion.
mahz_

United States

#34971 Jul 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response 'loves' them into hell.
You selectively choose Christ's message.
Uh huh.

Im not choosing any of Christs message. Im presenting it fully to the people who are spreading their judgement and hate.

They and you are the ones only taking part of Christs message.

They are sitting here talking about how much money they have accumulated for retirement without even knowing James 5.

Location hidden

#34972 Jul 29, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not, one person. I assure you. Lilith is a person, who has been hurt, just as you, she has no family that cares like you. She lashes out, but she needs prayer, not to be talked about. I have been reading this thread along time. I am a Christian, and have talked to the ones who have been around since the thread was started off and on. I am sorry for the bad things that has happened to you in your life, and it sounds like you have a wonderful and caring husband, as I. You are blessed. You have forgotten the reason why you came on here as a Christian. I know they can make you see red, but they have had so many christians who have acted just like them, and they fight back. Weebles, I have had my arguments with him, but he is a man whose belief systems are not like a regular Christian. I was in your shoes, and lost it with him. I had to repent, because that is not what God is all about. We all need prayer. Just something to think about. You won't bring them in like this. It gets discouraging I know, but don't you think others have went down this road? God loves them all, just as you and I we are not different. God is no respector of persons. God gives us freewill to serve him or not.... Mr. Weebels knows the Bible, probably better than you, but so do scientists who don't believe. God bless you all.
Now, to Mr. Think,
Do you carry car insurance? Would you even if it was not the law? I love the Lord with all of my heart, and to me, I am prepared , just in case...:) Gotta go, have a good evening.
Wow...you people really are suggesting believing in a god "just in case."

What a horrible way to live one's life.
mahz_

United States

#34973 Jul 29, 2012
ProCCW wrote:
KiMare, I have a great deal of compassion and prayer for them. I too see them as hurt souls. There is though a time when Christians have to fight, as in guard your heart.
Perhaps this is not one of them. I do not see Mother Mary as judgmental or lashing out. She is simply speaking the truth in a language they can understand. I started on here with Weebles and was very gentle, however the minute I tried to get a lucid debate going, he turned nasty. How do you debate with jibber jabber? Well you can not so I quit responding. All there really is to do is pray and remain silent.
If you dont see her being judgemental and lashing out in anger then you havea log in your eye. Go ahead and rationalize and justify this christian hatred if it makes you feel better though. As I said, you guys do far more to chase people from Christs message than I ever could.

Location hidden

#34974 Jul 29, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, to Mr. Think,
Wow...you people really are suggesting believing in a god "just in case."

What a horrible way to live one's life.

How can you say you truly love the lord when one of the reasons you worship him is because he'll torture for all eternity if you don't?

That isn't love - that's an abusive relationship.
mahz_

United States

#34975 Jul 29, 2012
Just a question for all you anti-gay Christians.

The provisions against gay people are found in Leviticus. Right alongside them are dietary restrictions such as no shellfish and no pork. Hygeine laws such as making females who are menstruating leave the house for 5 days and anything touched by her is unclean and must be ritually purified or destroyed. There are prohibitions against mixing more than one type of fiber in clothing.

Do you all follow these religiously too? Do you eat bacon or pork? Do you eat shrimp or crab? Do you kick you wives and daughters out of the house for 5 days every month? Do you wear clothes made from any sort of fiber blends?

If you dont follow all of these rules religiously then why are you so stuck on this one little piece of Leviticus amongst all the laws that are found there?

Location hidden

#34976 Jul 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You make things.
They are your creation.
Yours.
You do with them as you choose.
Treasure them or break them.
Use them or lose them.
If they could speak your voice would certainly heard from one of them,
"I don't owe you anything!"
"What right do you have to judge me!"
Just think about it.
Does that mean parents can physically abuse their children since parents make their children?

Does that mean they can kill them?

No...but then, we humans are apparently more evolved than your god.

Location hidden

#34977 Jul 29, 2012
mahz_ wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
Logically if people are practicing gay marriage rights in their church then any attempt to deny them their religious rights is a violation of the first amendment.
How is that not logical ya idiot?
So if a church said murder was part of their religion it would be okay?

Churches have practiced marriage rights and rites for centuries. What you are taking about is apostasy.

The UCC's apostasy is why they lead the way in dying denominations.
mahz_

United States

#34978 Jul 29, 2012
have to agree with Just Think.

If the only reason you have "faith" is to cover your bases you are going to be in fro a rude awakening. either there is no God, or he's going to reject you outright when he finds out you were trying to play him for a sucker by not having real faith, only "just in case" faith.

Location hidden

#34979 Jul 29, 2012
ProCCW wrote:
I distinguish between a searching hurting soul and one that has deliberately chosen darkness. In that case, I kick at the darkness until it bleeds light.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carbondale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new carterville stylist is an atheist! (Dec '16) 1 hr jenn 22
Melissa Taylor or Nelsen ? (However u spell it) 4 hr Haha 5
addicts 4 hr employer 1
Tiffany 4 hr CarrierMills01 1
Anyone experience bad tasting food at the Golde... 9 hr slop trough 7
Biggest manwhores in Jackson co.? (Sep '16) Jun 17 Geez 31
Who got stabbed Jun 16 Not his 1st stabbing 1

Carbondale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance