Jamal

Waterloo, IA

#1 Oct 15, 2010
What is going on with the saluki express buses? They are almost never on time, making a lot of people late to their classes, including me. I have called to complain, but all I have got on the phone are snotty ass people that dont seem to care. The students pay for this service through tuition and it should be a lot better. Also, I have seen drivers of these buses on their cell phones while driving. Isnt there a law against this? I feel its very unsafe and it will cause a accident one of these days.

Jamal-Freshamn

Since: Sep 08

Rockford Il

#2 Oct 15, 2010
Jamal wrote:
What is going on with the saluki express buses? They are almost never on time, making a lot of people late to their classes, including me. I have called to complain, but all I have got on the phone are snotty ass people that dont seem to care. The students pay for this service through tuition and it should be a lot better. Also, I have seen drivers of these buses on their cell phones while driving. Isnt there a law against this? I feel its very unsafe and it will cause a accident one of these days.
Jamal-Freshamn
See if the Daily Egyptian would conduct a student satisfaction poll or expose piece. That might get some attention.

-Good Luck
Jeff

United States

#3 Oct 15, 2010
Nothing is going to change with Saluki Express until SIU finds a different bus company to run the service. Some of the drivers are nasty, rude, and unsafe. Forget about complaining, no one at the phone numbers care!
Tutu

United States

#4 Oct 15, 2010
My husband is an ex-employee of Saluki Express, and I can tell you, they are sh** to work for. No wonder the drivers don't care if they are on time. Management has it's favorites and they get all the hours, higher pay, and best routes. My husband never called in sick, was always on time, begged for more hours and never got them cause he wasn't part of the in crowd. So glad he has a great job with full benefits now.
Shauntay

Flushing, NY

#5 Oct 17, 2010
I thought they ran hourly but it has been nothing but a hassle. Sad if our tuition is wasted like that. My roomy and I usually take green cab to school and it cost $4.50 for both of us so thats not too bad.
a driver

United States

#6 Oct 20, 2011
The drivers do the best that they can they must contend with traffic trains and crosswalks they do really try
anonymous

Davenport, IA

#7 Mar 28, 2012
The man who drives the South route the shift before the last run of the day - yesterday (like at times before) he was 5-6 minutes early and I missed the bus because of it and had to walk more then a mile to the student center - it was either 5 or 6pm. He was also driving fast and reckless especially on turns. He was driving the same reckless way and on one of the new buses the day before yesterday. I tried to talk to him about his being early like that but he didn't say he was sorry nor did he seem to want to fix his being early. He mentioned that nobody was waiting at any of the stops and that's why he was early. He didn't seem to think much of the notion to stop someplace and wait 5 minutes. That's what the drivers use to do when they were running early.
anonymous

Davenport, IA

#8 Mar 28, 2012
A couple or so months ago my son and I started to get up to get off the bus and for some reason the bus driver slammed on the breaks causing us to be thrown forward. I barely prevented myself from taking a hard fall sideways as I barely was able to grab hold of a seat with the tips of my fingers. The same for my son also. Plus I just about fell on top of a young woman. We could of been hurt very badly. I didn't complain to anybody at the bus; it probably wouldn't of done any good.
anonymous

Davenport, IA

#9 Mar 28, 2012
Jeff wrote:
Nothing is going to change with Saluki Express until SIU finds a different bus company to run the service. Some of the drivers are nasty, rude, and unsafe. Forget about complaining, no one at the phone numbers care!
Yeah your right and you can't ask them anything. The majority of them are nasty and rude with bad attitudes.
RIGHT ON

United States

#10 Jul 14, 2012
Most of the drivers are just hard working and nice people trying to make a living. But you are so right about the management of the bus company. What a rude, obnoxious bitch. Things never used to be this way several years ago.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11 Jul 15, 2012
anonymous wrote:
A couple or so months ago my son and I started to get up to get off the bus and for some reason the bus driver slammed on the breaks causing us to be thrown forward. I barely prevented myself from taking a hard fall sideways as I barely was able to grab hold of a seat with the tips of my fingers. The same for my son also. Plus I just about fell on top of a young woman. We could of been hurt very badly. I didn't complain to anybody at the bus; it probably wouldn't of done any good.
I was always taught that you don't get up out of your seat until the vehicle comes to a complete stop anyways.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carbondale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
blaze aka smile daydream (Apr '14) 1 hr Big Swing 25
What will the Negros do if Wilson is cleared 20 hr whitey 50
meth capitol of Indiana? Tue Whoop whoop 5
New E-cigarette/Vape Lounge In Carbondale Tue Taylor 1
no strings Nov 23 haha 9
Special Prosecutor's Decision Released in Molly... Nov 23 Options 3
Michael Nance Nov 22 tell all 3
Carbondale Dating
Find my Match

Carbondale People Search