Review: Resident Goldsmith - Steve Sp...

Review: Resident Goldsmith - Steve Spangler

Posted in the Carbondale Forum

Robbed

Denver, CO

#1 Sep 24, 2013
WARNING!! Do not do business with this man. I bought a ring from him and needed to get it sized and told me to come back in an hour. I came back to a closed business. I live in Denver and had to get back home so we had to leave empty handed after all ready paying for the ring. The next day I called and asked him to send me the ring. He told me that he found the tag to the ring and he can no longer sell me the ring at that price. He then accused me of purposely taking the tag off so he didn't know the value. He told me he was going to send me my money back .. have not seen it yet the police will be called next. Save yourself the headache and do not deal with this horrible man!!
steve spangler

New Castle, CO

#2 Feb 25, 2014
Returned Check,she cashed Check,and alos stopped payment on card,she Got paid twice.credit card company agreed.cant stay in Business selling jewelry below cost When price Tags get removed by unknown,hint hint,people.
steve spangler

New Castle, CO

#3 Feb 25, 2014
On another Note,I repaired an ear ring with a silver jumpring while she waited at no charge to customer.Mrs.Starr complained to the bbb saying I ruined her priceless heirloom( costume jewelry worth about 20.00) I didnt respond to the b bb,thought it was a waste of Time.I Got an F rating by the bbb for One Free repair,this is why I don't value bbb .
HaveFaith

Pagosa Springs, CO

#4 Aug 3, 2015
steve spangler wrote:
On another Note,I repaired an ear ring with a silver jumpring while she waited at no charge to customer.Mrs.Starr complained to the bbb saying I ruined her priceless heirloom( costume jewelry worth about 20.00) I didnt respond to the b bb,thought it was a waste of Time.I Got an F rating by the bbb for One Free repair,this is why I don't value bbb .
My family's experience with Mr. Spangler was one of the nicest we've ever had anywhere in the world. He was kind, professional and generous. I encourage those who read this review to meet him before believing a hateful post you "...read on the Internet." Mrs. S. Kabakoro
Been there hedidthat

Aurora, CO

#5 Sep 9, 2015
Your name is not on the certificates on the wall= FRAUD
Your bi-polar schizophrenic medication is absent
You verbally abuse your wife and customers.
Look in the mirror mad man
Your days are numbered. LIAR THIEF and lead repair puss
You are not qualified to solder a signpost
Been there hedidthat

Aurora, CO

#6 Sep 9, 2015
HaveFaith wrote:
<quoted text>
My family's experience with Mr. Spangler was one of the nicest we've ever had anywhere in the world. He was kind, professional and generous. I encourage those who read this review to meet him before believing a hateful post you "...read on the Internet." Mrs. S. Kabakoro
Clearly he.was on his meds don't believe ask laprovence spa owners in colorado hotel ginnie is honest and not biased in any way a spirit of light
steve spangler

Arvada, CO

#7 Apr 16, 2016
Been there hedidthat wrote:
Your name is not on the certificates on the wall= FRAUD
Your bi-polar schizophrenic medication is absent
You verbally abuse your wife and customers.
Look in the mirror mad man
Your days are numbered. LIAR THIEF and lead repair puss
You are not qualified to solder a signpost
40 years in the biz,just found this review,had the best year ever had,i guess if you do good work at a fair price people come back
Been there

Denver, CO

#8 Jun 2, 2016
Robbed wrote:
WARNING!! Do not do business with this man. I bought a ring from him and needed to get it sized and told me to come back in an hour. I came back to a closed business. I live in Denver and had to get back home so we had to leave empty handed after all ready paying for the ring. The next day I called and asked him to send me the ring. He told me that he found the tag to the ring and he can no longer sell me the ring at that price. He then accused me of purposely taking the tag off so he didn't know the value. He told me he was going to send me my money back .. have not seen it yet the police will be called next. Save yourself the headache and do not deal with this horrible man!!
This guy should be medicated. He is abusive verbally and has really bad breath. Check certificates on wall..........not him..........do the math gws
GlenwoodREZ12

Carbondale, CO

#9 Sep 16, 2016
High pressure sales on trades! Warning sell your scrap silver and gold else where. They flat out lie to people and tell them there (Elk river) knives are home made here in the USA and they are CHINA Junk. My own fault for not doing my own research. Then when I tell them about this MISHAP they get all defensive about it. Go else where !
steve spangler

Loveland, CO

#10 Oct 13, 2016
GlenwoodREZ12 wrote:
High pressure sales on trades! Warning sell your scrap silver and gold else where. They flat out lie to people and tell them there (Elk river) knives are home made here in the USA and they are CHINA Junk. My own fault for not doing my own research. Then when I tell them about this MISHAP they get all defensive about it. Go else where !
It was miss undersdanding with this customer. The most vallue in that knive was the art work, which is inlay made in wioming. Some people know price of everything and vallue of nothing.
Mollie

Broomfield, CO

#11 Jan 31, 2017
Do not do business here!!! My fiancÚ bought a ring from these people. He was NOT given a receipt or an appraisal for the ring, and a diamond fell out within ONE month. I went back to have it fixed and she blamed me for what happened, and said she would not be able to fix anything on it after this one. We told her we needed our money back and they said they couldn't do that. Now we have NO paperwork, nothing fixed, and lost money through them. They are irresponsible and treated us awful!!!
Disgusted mother

Kyle, TX

#12 Feb 4, 2017
What a total disappointment.... my son purchased an engagement ring from this store and it turned out to be a horrible experience!!! This should be a happy time for a young man but from the start of his transaction with these people, it was a mess. It started with them suggesting he buy one of there original pieces of which he expressed it wasn't really her style. Big mistake on his part, she was totally offended and from that moment on it changed her attitude. He chose one out of a book he was shown, with little experience and trusting these people he ordered it without physically seeing it. They told him it would be $2000 and he needed to put $500 down. Took waaay to long and called theme several times to hear excuses....
The ring came in and he was told at that point it would be $2500 instead (redflag) again he did it against his better judgment and left the store without even so much as a receipt.
The ring lost a diamond within a month so they took it back in and was told it was her fault it was lost. Then, proceeded to tell him he should have bought one of there pieces intead!! Wow, that's not embarrassing for him is it!!!
I guess my problem with this whole thing is, no matter what a customer chooses to buy from your establishment you should be very eager to please them and be MORE than gracious to have had your business!!!! Never disrespect someone and make them feel less than... had I been there to hear how she treated these kids I would have NO doubt taken care of her attitude problem!!!!!!

They of course won't take the ring back... so they found a much better establishment that were more than happy to get him what he wanted.

Advice to all.. never shop here!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carbondale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carbondale resident convicted of embezzlement Thu COMamma 4
News Aspen a common target for con artists (Feb '07) Feb '18 Cops and Robbers 884
Eric Ashworth (Apr '11) Nov '17 Someone who needs... 2
News Carbondale dispensary shut down, owner arrested (Oct '11) Nov '17 Missing musician 2
News Fear of immigration policy keeps many away from... Nov '17 Legally here 6
News Bugs Found Crawling Inside Man's Scalp (Jul '07) Mar '17 Anonymous 22
News Thousands mass in downtown Denver for Women's M... (Jan '17) Jan '17 barrack 1

Carbondale Jobs

Personal Finance

Carbondale Mortgages