Aspen cook ready to throw down on 'Ir...

Aspen cook ready to throw down on 'Iron Chef'

There are 9 comments on the The Summit County Journal story from Sep 7, 2007, titled Aspen cook ready to throw down on 'Iron Chef'. In it, The Summit County Journal reports that:

“Everybody says it's Sin City, but there's actually a lot of stuff to do outside”

A local cook who earned his chops at Matsuhisa and Kenichi will face off with celebrity chef Bobby Flay later this month on the popular TV show "Iron Chef." Akira Back moved to the Roaring Fork Valley from ... via The Summit County Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Summit County Journal.

BOO

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Oct 22, 2007
Akira sucks. He's good at copying other chefs.
belkins

Nanuet, NY

#2 Oct 22, 2007
who cares?

more glorification of eating in a nation that already makes it a past time...
JJG

Henderson, NV

#3 Jan 19, 2008
BOO wrote:
Akira sucks. He's good at copying other chefs.
Not a chef out there who doesn't copy 90% of there menu. Don't be hateful, when was the last time you were on iron chef?
sean

Henderson, NV

#4 Jan 28, 2008
boo must be a loser
Allison

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Dec 27, 2008
Yellowtail menu is 100% copied from matsuhisa and Nobu. To be inspired by dishes is great, but to copy them word for word is stealing. I ate at Yellowtail recently.....Tuna pizza...Morimoto. Scallop Yuzu Lemon...Nobu.
The list goes on and on.
I would be ashamed if I was the chef to show my face in the dining room.
test

Duarte, CA

#6 Jan 7, 2009
test
love

Glenwood Springs, CO

#7 Mar 3, 2009
Wow Super lame.
SSJ09

United States

#8 Apr 12, 2009
He may suck but hey if he gets the opportunity let him, this is a way to prove himself don't you think. Everyone copies someone and then makes it their own. Look at the good side you negative bastard.
evy

United States

#9 Feb 11, 2010
I ate at Yellowtail yesterday. Tuna Pizza was 100%better than morimoto and different from morimoto restaurant.
Ayways, We thought yellowtail were better than nobu and morimoto.

In our book This chef is amazing. Do not listen to haters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carbondale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aspen a common target for con artists (Feb '07) Feb '18 Cops and Robbers 884
Carbondale resident convicted of embezzlement Feb '18 Old yeller 3
Eric Ashworth (Apr '11) Nov '17 Someone who needs... 2
News Carbondale dispensary shut down, owner arrested (Oct '11) Nov '17 Missing musician 2
News Fear of immigration policy keeps many away from... Nov '17 Legally here 6
News Bugs Found Crawling Inside Man's Scalp (Jul '07) Mar '17 Anonymous 22
News Thousands mass in downtown Denver for Women's M... (Jan '17) Jan '17 barrack 1

Carbondale Jobs

Personal Finance

Carbondale Mortgages