Former administrator hits city with election lawsuit

Jan 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Free Press

Marney Simon Staff writer The former city administrator who left the position amid a fiery controversy in 2010 is back, this time naming the city of Braidwood in a lawsuit over the upcoming election.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Feb 8, 2013
Run Far Away

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Yes, Go Andy.
About time someone stands up to Braidwood b.s. politics. Braidwood has been getting away with there own ways of doing politics and the county and state have been turning there heads, I hope this leads to more complications to the so called Mayors plan of Braidwood destruction! I commend you!Good Luck!
senior news

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Run Far Away wrote:
Yes, Go Andy.
About time someone stands up to Braidwood b.s. politics. Braidwood has been getting away with there own ways of doing politics and the county and state have been turning there heads, I hope this leads to more complications to the so called Mayors plan of Braidwood destruction! I commend you!Good Luck!
This is good news... people actually can't wait to see this happen...
a galatte

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

First of all thank you "Run Far Away" and "senior news" for your support. I moved into Braidwood 7 years ago and my heart has been for Braidwood sinc then. I donated my time as City Administrator for 3 1/2 years and helped the two previous administrations lower the $2,000,000 debt we had. After talking to several attorneys (friends of mine) we believe what the mayor and city attorney are doing with the Finance Commissioner position is illegal. Bill vacated his position and they appointed another person for his posotion. Then they said Bill as sworn in as "Mayor" now they're saying he wasn't. But yet BOTH positions have been voting for the last 1 1/2 years. State Law states you can only appoint someone for 2 years. Hopefully the court will rule in Braidwood's favor and allow BOTH positions to be up for re-electio. So the LAWSUIT is about giving the residents of Braidwood a right to choose and not about any monetary gain. Thank you, Andy
just us

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

a galatte wrote:
First of all thank you "Run Far Away" and "senior news" for your support. I moved into Braidwood 7 years ago and my heart has been for Braidwood sinc then. I donated my time as City Administrator for 3 1/2 years and helped the two previous administrations lower the $2,000,000 debt we had. After talking to several attorneys (friends of mine) we believe what the mayor and city attorney are doing with the Finance Commissioner position is illegal. Bill vacated his position and they appointed another person for his posotion. Then they said Bill as sworn in as "Mayor" now they're saying he wasn't. But yet BOTH positions have been voting for the last 1 1/2 years. State Law states you can only appoint someone for 2 years. Hopefully the court will rule in Braidwood's favor and allow BOTH positions to be up for re-electio. So the LAWSUIT is about giving the residents of Braidwood a right to choose and not about any monetary gain. Thank you, Andy
When will the court rule on this...
a galatte

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

I hope in the next 3 weeks, but the city atty. is trying his best to hold it,till after april 3 this year.
hater

North Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

galatte you are an idiot. when you were the city administrator you did nothing but run this city into the ground and stick your nose where it did not belong. i see the main st project got finished in time. plus all the other crooked shit you have pulled. i hope someone that you have screwed over beats the shit out of you.
a galatte

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

hater you can tell me of my crooked shit i pulled. but you will not. you will kept making shit up. but will not come from behind this site to talk. so kept bull shit coming and people of braidwood can for them else. thanks andy
MR are u kidding me

Roselle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

You sir are an azzclown,why do you care it's not like anybody's going to vote for you again,like the spoiled brat that didn't get his way,pathetic.
Just a correction

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

a galatte wrote:
The debt under Saltzman grew to over $1.5 million deficit spending. No matter if you liked Sue Grygiel or not it was her administration that reduced spending to try and reduce the debt, not you, you back doored her every chance you got. Your the reason Main Street has nothing on it. Those buildings should have been left until there was actually someone who wanted to build, but you and yes it was YOU no one else who told the owner they had to close and move.
Eat me

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

This Andy guy has poor grammar and sounds like a real chode

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Carbon Hill Discussions

Search the Carbon Hill Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob's Auto Service in Coal City. 12 min ccc 8
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 min Scott 48,896
EZ Living's moving to Braidwood 8 hr Happy Dad 9
Docs Parking Lot 12 hr Happy Dad 17
Smile Spa 12 hr Jenny 9
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 13 hr AnyCommieWillDoCantBWorse 3,829
Jacks All American Grill 15 hr just asking 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Carbon Hill Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Carbon Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE