embassay nursing home
eiei

Park Forest, IL

#1 Oct 12, 2007
embassey nursing home should be shut down, or sold to people who really care about people.i find the police, senior services, department of health and obundsmund completely responsible. It is good to have your complaints documented (deptm. of health will never find in your favor) beause it is good evidence to bring to a lawyer.If you have a loved one there make sure you visit u annoced, and bring a camera.....even if it isn't your loved one being abused, take pictures of everything you can.I could go on but I have a case pending against them and do not want to jepordize the ot-come.
Delilah

Aurora, IL

#2 Oct 15, 2007
That place needs to be shut down. The state of Illinois needs to go there and close it. The owner is a crook. I feel bad for the people who have to work there. They can't help it that the owners don't provide them with the proper tools to do their jobs. While he jets off to the Virgin Island, he telling them he can't buy stuff for the residents there! What a loser!!!!!!
I agree

Wheaton, IL

#3 Apr 6, 2008
What a dump. They should shut that place down. Do you know that they let some of the residents staying there leave to go to the bars and the liquir stores and come back drunk and they fight with the other residents there. That can not be legal.

“Laugh often.....”

Since: Apr 08

Braidwood, IL

#4 Apr 7, 2008
I agree wrote:
What a dump. They should shut that place down. Do you know that they let some of the residents staying there leave to go to the bars and the liquir stores and come back drunk and they fight with the other residents there. That can not be legal.
Actually it is. The residents are allowed to leave on a "theraputic pass". What they do with their time is nobody's business.
But they are supposed to be monitored alot better. If they are a danger to anyone they should be given a discharge notice.

However- I agree that the place is a dump! The owner is in it for the money and that's it. He takes Medicaid and they have a Mental Illness unit so when these people who are homeless and have a drug problem and no money have nowhere to go- they go there.

It's really really sad.
unbelievable

Salt Lake City, UT

#5 Feb 12, 2013
wow where do i sign up
Wildcat Fan

Coal City, IL

#6 Feb 12, 2013
My grandmother died there because of their neglect. It's awful!
APNatMorris

Wilmington, IL

#7 Mar 9, 2013
This place is known for abusing the elderly how it stays open i haven't a clue....
nurse

Bonfield, IL

#8 Mar 20, 2013
There is a hotline for elder/ nursing home abuse that anyone can call to report any incidents to the state of Illinois. I would highly recommend anyone use it if they know of abuse/ neglect of any patient anywhere. Posting on here does not do anything for a patient who may need your help.
( ps. I do not work for this establishment, nor have friends who do, so I can not personally speak for the quality of this place)

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#9 May 1, 2013
this place is the worst of the worst. I worked there years back and when you tell the owner/D.O.N. Jodi nothing is done, they do not care about the well being. I did not last long working there but found it very hard to quit because i was attached to the residents. After i quit i did tell the police but was told that they needed "proof" not just here say. When state was there during the time I worked there the residents would try and talk to them and the nurses/staff would say that they had alzheimers or didnt know what they were talking about. I give better care to animals then those people do for human beings.
MekkaLekkaHiMekk aHeinyHo

Peotone, IL

#10 Jul 23, 2013
My sister recently was fired there because they were looking for ANY reason to get rid of her because she reported to the admins the abuse and neglect that was going on. She is a very good CNA and now she is at a better place where she is recognized on a daily basis by staff and family what a dedicated worker she is. If anyone is serious about needing witnesses to testify to the complaints I am sure she will be more than happy to comply. The owner there is a piece of garbage from what I hear.
blah

Coal City, IL

#11 Jul 23, 2013
Ladybug2 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it is. The residents are allowed to leave on a "theraputic pass". What they do with their time is nobody's business.
But they are supposed to be monitored alot better. If they are a danger to anyone they should be given a discharge notice.

However- I agree that the place is a dump! The owner is in it for the money and that's it. He takes Medicaid and they have a Mental Illness unit so when these people who are homeless and have a drug problem and no money have nowhere to go- they go there.

It's really really sad.
Yeah! They go to Tuffys and hang out. Ha, one guy Pissed himself, chair and floor! The owner was pissed too! Lol!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carbon Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trailer Park in diamond 54 min Not happy 5
Beware Heroin Dealers You Are Going Down 12 hr Photo Album 38
Giant drug party with over 2000 people in Wilmi... 14 hr Soap Box 101 7
power lifting meet 20 hr comet 5
Capone's 23 hr Braidwood Mayor 4
good table. Sun happycamper22 13
Confederate flag on trucks (May '11) Sun Yolanda 189
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carbon Hill Mortgages