What does Caraway Need To Be A Better...

What does Caraway Need To Be A Better Town

Posted in the Caraway Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Father Time

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Aug 17, 2008
After alot of discussion about who might run for mayor, and how the compition adds up, yadda yadda! Lets get serious, what does our town need to make it a better or more convienant place to live. Do you think we need more recreation or more stores. Do we need more beautification to our town. I am just curious on this one, I think if we stay constructive on the subject, we might put some really good ideas in the minds of our city leaders.
No one in Particular

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Aug 17, 2008
I think this is a great subject here Father Time. Now what I am going to be saying is just my own opinion and everyone has their own opinions. I think a nice Water Park would be nice for the kids here in town. It wouldn't have to be elaborate like the one in Paragould, but it would keep the kids here in town occupied and also it would keep business here in town. Also, if we had more choices of places to eat. Personally, I would love to see a Restaurant open up that has a Buffet and would be open everyday of the week. Also, it would be nice for it to be open of the mornings to serve breakfast and coffee. A good place for that place would be where Vail's used to be. It would be nice if someone had the money to redo that place and make it larger and have a place to eat each day. I know it would be really busy during Baseball and Softball Seasons too. Of course, the 4th of July would benefit from it as well. People could go in there and sit down and relax and have a meal of their choice. I do think the Dollar General Store is the best thing that has happened to Caraway. It has saved me many a trips from going to Jonesboro. All of this is my own opinion and like I said, everyone is entitled to their own, but you asked and I gave you my input. If I can come up with something else, I will be sure to let you know.
hello from jonesboro

Montreal, MO

#3 Aug 17, 2008
caraway needs a place for the younger people to hang out talk to friends eat and have good clean fun they have 3 ball parks and some kids dont play ball and dont even like ball so get out of the rut and give the kids something they like and also we a cafe here that is open for breakfast dinner and supper i know the town would support it if some one with a great insight would see that it is needed they will never be a jonesboro but who cares they need some things to keep a new generation going if they dont all will be left wil be old people and the town will be completely dead
Caraway Mom

Blytheville, AR

#4 Aug 17, 2008
Caraway needs a game room for the young people here in town that is nice and family oriented,so all would love to go, yes we need a place to eat breakfast, have coffee and just relax and have lunch, yes like vails used to be. that would be open every day. our young people comming up need something to do here and somewhere to go, we really need to try and fix our town instead of going somewhere else. this is a great topic thanks.
Nana

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Aug 17, 2008
A splash pad like Lake City has would be nice for the kids. Caraway needs to join together and support what ever we get. I agree Dollar General is the best thing that has happened to Caraway and it has saved us several trips to Jonesboro. I buy everything I can there to help keep it going.
talk about

United States

#6 Aug 17, 2008
its nice to see their are people that want to bring caraway back up to what it once was..i grew up there, left about 10+ years ago....i do come back to visit family and friends, it is so sad to see so much has gone or been let go..we had so much fun growing up there in the 80's and made lots of memories in the big town, it will always be my home.....it would be so nice to see the good people of caraway come together for the good of the town...a cafe on main street (in one of the old buildings not being used) would be a good place for coffee & breakfast, even a buffet..a game room could also be put in one of the old buildings around town for clean family fun..
lucy

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Aug 18, 2008
i agree would love to see caraway grow for our children ..i notice alot of kids play guitars and drums would be nice for them to have a place to entertain us..and a waterpark is a great idea i babysit on the weekends when im off work and these babies would love the water..
mississippi night stalker

Wentzville, MO

#8 Aug 18, 2008
caraway needs a mayor! not some want to be ! the most disgusting place ive seen. No place to eat , no car wash, nothing for kids and to keep teenagers off streets! why would anyone want to live there ? Two stores that monopolize the prices ! Good Luck !
Caraway Mom

Blytheville, AR

#9 Aug 19, 2008
mississippi night stalker wrote:
caraway needs a mayor! not some want to be ! the most disgusting place ive seen. No place to eat , no car wash, nothing for kids and to keep teenagers off streets! why would anyone want to live there ? Two stores that monopolize the prices ! Good Luck !
If you dont live here please dont put our town down. We are on here trying to do something good,to get our town back. I like living here BUT do want something better for our children.
talk about

United States

#10 Aug 19, 2008
dont worry about people that post nasty stuff..they only want attention
yeah

Lepanto, AR

#11 Aug 19, 2008
I am so happy there is something constructive being talked on this website. Personally, I would like to see a main street project. I would like to see businesses go in on mainstreet. I would like to see the buildings renovated, I realize that it will cost, but It would make the town more inviting. The owners of westren auto have done a fine job of renovation on the west end of main street, and there are only a few that do need attention, I think our city could do it if we put our mind to it. Let's do it.
lucy

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Aug 19, 2008
Barry Riley is a great mayor and hes for the people shame on you
mississippi night stalker

Wentzville, MO

#13 Aug 19, 2008
YOU THINK BARRY RILEY IS A GOOD MAYOR? HAVE YOU DROVE DOWN MAIN STREET LATELY ? HAVE U TRIED TO WASH YOUR CAR? HAVE YOU TRIED TO EAT? CARAWAY HAS NOTHING TO OFFER. HE MAY BE A GOOD GUY BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN THAT HE IS A GREAT MAYOR... I LIKE BARRY PERSONALLY BUT I THINK THERE COULD BE THINGS PUT IN THIS TOWN WITH HELP OF OTHERS NOT JUST BARRY. ALL THE BUILDINGS ARE EMPTY. IT NOT JUST BARRY THE COUNCIL AS WELL. I AM NOT RUNNING THE TOWN DOWN BUT PEOPLE WANT SUPPORT ANYTHING, PEOPLE WILL DRIVE TO JONESBORO TO GET HAMBUGER JUST CAUSE THEY DONT LIKE THE INDIVIDUAL. SORRY BUT MY FEELINGS COUNT TOO.
hello fom jonesboro

Montreal, MO

#14 Aug 19, 2008
mississippi nigh stalker why dont you jump in and help us get more in caraway we will welcome you input and also your help. do not just complain but you should use your energy to help us get a cafe a car wash and thingd for our kids to do talking us down does not get any thing done but if you step out and start doing some thing then i am sure others will join you i am sure you probably got friends here to join in with you to do some thing so we can have more in caraway i am waiting on you i am doing every thing i can now i want you to help me the more help we have doingg the small stuff the sooner we will get some one wanting to put a store in caraway are you willing to do this and help us ?
hometown boy

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Aug 20, 2008
Number 1 Caraway has a mayor and a cousil, thank you. I saw in the town crier earlier where Caraway got a orrnance for tearing down some of these old building so someone can come in and put something else in. All these old buildings around have to be redone to meet standards with health dept for food and building code for the other kinds. As for the carwash somebody has bought that from phillip wynn of Lepanto, also that is not up to par at this time, but as that goes its probably someone like yourself that would be there washing dang the soap ran out right in the middle of washing so you start beating the car wash mach up for doing that to you, so again it is down for abbuse to the equipment. Who has to replace it the owner but he isn't worth crap because you have to wash your car at home. AGAIN if you take the time and stop at one of the few places we have to offer as food, THE GRILL (good meals), BACKWOODS (good meals),ROACHES (gro), KWIK SHOP (good sandwichs and gro). I will agree a water park is nice, more fun in the summer than winter. Wonder how much money we are talking about for i would like to see something year round, someplace to workout or play a game of basketball. Take some of the property make a nice park where you can have a paintball war or just have a picnic. Take a building like someone said, have some people play in a band and you can have dances. Put a shooting range in for guns and bows with the decoys to shoot at. Put another Tastee Freeze in like the Tiger Den was with a game room on the side
talk about

United States

#16 Aug 20, 2008
ok everyone agrees caraway lacks appeal, and some really good ideas have been posted..now someone needs to step up and put things in motion..get about 5 or 6 people together and talk about things that could be done and location for these things, get it all in order and call a town meeting, to get the thoughts and ideas of others in town, then approach the mayor and/or council with things the city can do or help with, things the city can not do/help with go to the internet with to find grants and such that is out there for just such things...if everyone works together and all the people in town has some type of input this can and will work..i would love to see my hometown be what it use to be and more
ihatecaraway

Lepanto, AR

#17 Aug 20, 2008
i think that if you leveled the whole town with a bull dozer, threw out all the crack heads, and gave a bath to all of the skanks ( which would be alot) caraway might have a chance at being a decent town again. Caraway is NASTY! I know people from Jonesboro who have never been to Caraway and they have heard from other people that it is a nasty run down town. Caraway has ruined its name with the people it lets reside within its walls, and the lack of care the city officials bring to the table. Dont forget our relentless leader Judge Dale, he has done so much for us over the years.
lucy

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Aug 20, 2008
ihatecaraway wrote:
i think that if you leveled the whole town with a bull dozer, threw out all the crack heads, and gave a bath to all of the skanks ( which would be alot) caraway might have a chance at being a decent town again. Caraway is NASTY! I know people from Jonesboro who have never been to Caraway and they have heard from other people that it is a nasty run down town. Caraway has ruined its name with the people it lets reside within its walls, and the lack of care the city officials bring to the table. Dont forget our relentless leader Judge Dale, he has done so much for us over the years.
caraway is not nasty .their are alot of good people here crime rate is low and when someone is in need we all get together and lend a helping hand
poison ivy

Blytheville, AR

#19 Aug 20, 2008
Thank you! I agree with you Lucy since I hatecaraway apparently doesnt like anyone here this is to you Its one less skank we have to put up with and keep your azz away!! Its that plain and simple...We like our town and we hope for the future of having Caraway the way it used to be..
And as far as Dale Haas goes he is not a 100% from Caraway and its not our fault if he is having leadership problems or whatever is going on with him its HIS BUSINESS..He used to live in Osceola maybe thats the problem and its finally catching up with him.
trooper

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Aug 20, 2008
I agree with "talk about", I would like nothing more than to see our home town come back to life. I have read some great ideas, and some are promising. However, "money" is the key word here. To complete this task, it is going to take an extremely large amount of "give" from everyone willing to volunteer and almost no "take".

I think that this can be done over a period of time and the time frame will depend on how many people and how much they can give.

I havn't been back for some time now, so I don't know the city's finantial situation but, grants are an option.

I think it will take a large majority of the town going before the leaders to express the imortance of the issue.(Remember, there is strength in numbers.) Decide on what would be the first task that you would like to see accomplished, complete it, then move to the next.

My thoughts as far as an attraction would be something along the lines of an outdoor putt putt golf with a building large enough for an arcade and sitting areas for snacks and drinks.

Another idea for one of the buildings on main would be something like laser tag or as someone has already mentioned a mock shooting range.

There are so many talented people in caraway that in my opinion, there is nothing that can't be done and at a reasonable cost. These people can build just about anything. Remember, you live in one of very few communities that when a neighbor needs help, you are often the first to say "what can I do". Please don't let that fade, it has been that way all my life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caraway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 14 min Question 35,358
Plaza apartments floods 2 hr Yep 2
Trumann Streets 2 hr Trumann Citizen 1
Best Memories Growing Up in Caraway (Feb '08) 20 hr Kathy 1,585
sweet cheeks Apr 23 Arham 4
Tammy Williams Apr 19 Anon 5
ashley staggs (Mar '14) Apr 18 Frfr 16

Caraway Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance