Dr. John Stover Cosmetic Surgeon/Dentist

Dr. John Stover Cosmetic Surgeon/Dentist

Posted in the Captain Cook Forum

Potential Patient

Chattanooga, TN

#1 Apr 23, 2014
1 of 2

This is shaping up to provide a very fine example of how “Quacks” do it or rather get-away with it!

Pay very close attention here, Stover has voluntarily surrendered both licenses M.D./Dental. By doing so, he’ll avoid formal administrative law process. His Hawaii profile will simply read “surrendered” license. "it's too bad they couldn't see what kind of person he is a long time ago," said Jolena Tavares. They don’t SEE because they didn’t do their job, in the first place! Until the public demands these authorities do their jobs, more harm will be brought! The medical board should have already convened and issued an emergency board-order to, suspend his license!

continued.

“The State Complaints Office says this was purely a licensing case and it can't request a criminal investigation with other authorities.” This is a bold face lie that’s exactly why a state attorney general exists!

“The state took action on 11 of 12 complaints against Dr. Stover. Among the allegations were failure to comply with laws relating to work performance; failure to comply with laws governing professional conduct; failure to comply with licensing law or rule; and aiding and abetting an unlicensed person. Officially the action taken by RICO says "Pre-petition settlement agreement filed." The outcome of the 12th complaint is still pending. Sources say instead of fighting anymore Dr. John Stover worked out a settlement agreement with the state and is voluntarily agreeing to surrender both his medical and dental licenses. "Effectively a voluntary surrender carries the same impact as a revocation," said Daria Loy-Goto, State Regulated Industries Complaints Office (RICO), Enforcement Officer. Other states will have the opportunity to hear about information that comes from another state.”

I take such great issue with Ms. Loy-Goto: "The practical effect is the same. The person cannot practice in the state". NO, Ms. Loy-Goto it is not the same, it’s not at all the same!

By allowing Stover to strike this deal: first-you have avoided doing your damn job once again, which also directly led to these disastrous outcomes for the public to begin with in Hawaii. Secondly, Mr. Stover gets to check a box now when applying for future state license, to medical ethic-concern or any other inquiry etc…“Dr. Stover have you ever had any state license revocatated”? His answer NO!

Because the state of Hawaii has allowed him to avoid the administrative-law process he suppose to answer to! She continues, by throwing future responsibility regarding this “Butchery” onto other state boards:“Frankly I would think that most states would require an applicant at the renewal process when they renew their license to disclose any disciplinary action that may have occurred, It's really just going to depend on that state's laws and rules."! She has not a clue, these types do not have any respect for any authority anywhere! She frankly thinks incorrectly, each one of these quacks have already proven their simple liars, thieves, cheats of the very worst kind and could careless! Her complete lack of understanding and gullibility in this matter is almost humorous, she has thoroughly failed in her responsibilities in protecting the public’s safety!
Potential Patient

Chattanooga, TN

#3 Apr 24, 2014
2 of 2

However, she’s is not alone! "It will follow a person when they've given up their license under whatever the circumstance is," said State Senator Josh Green, MD,(D) Kona, Ka'u. "I'm glad that it is getting resolved now. I think that gives a lot of people peace of mind," said Sen. Green. "I think it was pretty inevitable in this particular case that this individual was probably going to give up his license. When you talk about health outcomes there is nothing ever just. When tragedies happen it doesn't make any difference to the family. I hold out some hope and prayers for them and for people who had problems."

I’m more than certain Senator Green has no idea about the “good” Dr. Kurt Dangl, who’s not only a brother of Stover’s in cosmetic butchery, he too is a dentist! After Judy Rebenhizer's death, some years back, he moved to Pennsylvania and now practices on what I’m certain are unknowing patients? It appears the only thing being resolved at this point, is the “proverbial-rug” is being lifted for the finial “Hawaiian broom” stroke sweeping this mess under it!

The last chance to bring this quack to some kind of justice, besides civil proceedings, will be: Hawaii state medical-board, dental board, local district attorney or the state attorney general’s office!

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/chattanooga-t...

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/25312097/s...
Potential Patient

Chattanooga, TN

#4 May 12, 2014
He already has another License to practice medicine in another State!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Captain Cook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fatboy's to open large eatery (Jan '08) Jul 13 Joe Balls 41
Nuuanu old Pali road Jul 6 shuck that fit 1
News Lawyer: Bullying Led To Shooting In Waikiki (Nov '11) Jun 29 gotrump 5
News Letters to the Editor - Hawaii Editorials (Nov '09) May '16 Joe Balls 82
News Kailua-Kona care facility waiting for next batc... Apr '16 Julie Jane 1
News Lawsuit alleges smear campaign against dog resc... Apr '16 Julie Jane 1
News GET hike draws more fire Apr '16 Julie Jane 1

Captain Cook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance