Rare Hawaiiana collection earns $803,...

Rare Hawaiiana collection earns $803,943 at auction - News

There are 46 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 9, 2009, titled Rare Hawaiiana collection earns $803,943 at auction - News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

A Hawaiiana collector who auctioned off his library in New York this week earned enough to buy a whole new library.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
geronimo

Honolulu, HI

#51 Apr 10, 2009
Scan EVERYTHING and make HAWAII's Story ACESSIBLE to the World!

Bishop guards Hawaiian history like a dirty secret while promoting idiotic exhibits like grossology and other worthless "upgrades".
Translator

Keauhou, HI

#52 Apr 10, 2009
Good to go wrote:
<quoted text>
o.k...dumb ****, since you didn't catch it the first time around, I'm not white/caucasion, whatever group classification you want to use with that race. What a dumb ****...step off already and lay off the meth, please!
You're kinda sensitive for someone who dishes so freely.

Don't cry. It's just words.

Go back and look at the things you wrote to John Kamaka (not that I'm defending him or anything--I think he's interesting but a little off centered).
After you have read what you said, go look in the mirror to see what a mean-spirited, rude, base hypocrite looks like.

Wipe away your tears first so you can get a better look.
Translator

Keauhou, HI

#53 Apr 10, 2009
And since you MISSED IT.
Check it out--Here's the definition of "caucasion" from the Urban Dictionary
1. Caucasion
How DUMB PEOPLE (usually posting in online personals) spell "caucasian". Usually, white men or women trying to exclude nonwhites. The term is often misspelled because these people think it's unlikely that "asian" to be contained inside a term meaning "white people".

( http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php ...)
I never said you were white. I implied you were dumb for continuing to spell it wrong.

May peas be with you.
Translator

Keauhou, HI

#58 Apr 10, 2009
pateta
Good to go

Kailua, HI

#60 Apr 13, 2009
geronimo wrote:
if people knew what a treasure trove of hawaiian artifacts and documents are rotting in the Bishop they would be outraged.
it is so sad how little they have made acessible to the public and almost nothing is online.
Very true. Why is it that these precious artificacts, at the very least, can't even make it to some form of online catalog to be viewed? Seems reasonable...
Steve

Phoenix, AZ

#62 Oct 19, 2012
Jeru

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Captain Cook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tokuda announces plans to run for lieutenant go... Aug 6 American_Infidel 14
News Rare Hawaiiana collection earns $803,943 at auc... (Apr '09) Aug '15 Joe Balls 12
News 3 small earthquakes felt on Hawaii island (Sep '14) Sep '14 Ben 1
best dating free sites (Sep '13) Sep '13 Refugio Marsch 1
News How to Tackle Hawaii's Big Island Like a Pro (Mar '13) Mar '13 George 1
http://american-cuisine.blogspot.com/ (Nov '11) Nov '11 weary12 1
News Visiting botanical gardens on Kauai, the anythi... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Helen 1

Captain Cook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Captain Cook Mortgages