Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52072 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#52729 Mar 3, 2014
relax wrote:
^^ The above article isn't even research, it's one persons opinion on conclusions drawn by others. The writer uses terms like "I" and "too my knowledge", which excludes it from any form of study. The article supports nothing, but one persons thoughts.
The above poster is an idiot.

"David P. Barash, an evolutionary biologist, is a professor of psychology at the University of Washington. His most recent book is Homo Mysterious: Evolutionary Puzzles of Human Nature (Oxford University Press, 2012)."
truth

Granite City, IL

#52731 Mar 3, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, such idiotic, violent troll behavior. Why would a legitimate cause need such behavior???
I've posted numerous times exactly how the science of mating behavior dictates marriage.
You are incapable of relating, because your relationship is a defective failure of mating behavior, an oxymoron of marriage.
Smile.
Where can I find this scientific paper on marriage?
relax

Kewanee, IL

#52732 Mar 3, 2014
Lol...ok...read what it says...."some studies", " some research", nothing, absolutely nothing about his own research, opinions based on others, but none of his own, so it really doesn't matter who he is. He even goes on to say the mystery of rather or not homosexuality is learned may never be solved. Though, some on here believe its already solved. So which is it solved or not? Your guy says its not.

It means nothing, no matter how much research and studies are done for one side there's going to be just as much that opposes it...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#52733 Mar 3, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can I find this scientific paper on marriage?
I simply note the first paragraph as accepted elements of marriage in regards to mating behavior.

http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~rakison/bussandschmit...
relax

Kewanee, IL

#52734 Mar 3, 2014
He even says the consensus among scientists is that homosexuality is rooted in biology, based on what has been observed in nature. Last time I checked biology is biology, its not something that can be changed by personal preferences. The author by no means is implicating any such defects, you speak of.

If you're refering to the ability or lack of, to reproduce, these scientist,everyone thinks so highly of, have taken out the male female contact that used to be needed. It would be pretty boring in my opinion, but sex between a man and woman is no longer needed to reproduce, for example, sperm banks and in vitro fertilization. I really really hope it never comes to it but civilization could continue to exhist without male to female contact. I really don't think the end of the world is coming because some are homosexuals.
truth

Granite City, IL

#52735 Mar 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply note the first paragraph as accepted elements of marriage in regards to mating behavior.
http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~rakison/bussandschmit...
That's not a scientific paper, it's an opinion piece.

If you think it's a scientific paper, then it's obvious you have no idea what science even is.

Where is the hypothesis. What was the experiment? What were the positive and negative controls?

Damn, you're dumb boy.
truth

Granite City, IL

#52736 Mar 4, 2014
Not to mention that the paper is over 20 years old. Which is eons in scientific terms.
truth

Granite City, IL

#52737 Mar 4, 2014
relax wrote:
He even says the consensus among scientists is that homosexuality is rooted in biology, based on what has been observed in nature. Last time I checked biology is biology, its not something that can be changed by personal preferences. The author by no means is implicating any such defects, you speak of.
If you're refering to the ability or lack of, to reproduce, these scientist,everyone thinks so highly of, have taken out the male female contact that used to be needed. It would be pretty boring in my opinion, but sex between a man and woman is no longer needed to reproduce, for example, sperm banks and in vitro fertilization. I really really hope it never comes to it but civilization could continue to exhist without male to female contact. I really don't think the end of the world is coming because some are homosexuals.
Of course it's rooted in biology. Biology is the study of animal behavior. Homosexuality exists across hundred of species in the animal kingdom, including our own. Homosexuality can;t possibly be a scientifically defective strategy, because science doesn't make those judgement calls. It merely observes what's there. Not to mention that I have posted a study for Kimary several times which he keeps choosing to ignore because it blows his entire argument right out of the water.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1...

It is actually an evolutionary advantageous behavior in at least some circumstances. Kimary just doesn't understand genetics very well.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52738 Mar 4, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> Ding a ling was I talking to you?. Personally I'm not interested in your salvation! You can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. But there is GOOD people that needs to know/learn the truth. That I why I'm here, not for your cumdumster. You are already a lost cause.
"I am not interested in your mythology of salvation".
I want to be their on judgement day when you tell our creator that. I bet you will be the first one squealing like a pig lol
Want to do intend to do, tweet it? Good luck with that, wacko.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52739 Mar 4, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Salvation? What are we being saved from? Oh yeah, what God is going to do to us if we don;t bow down and kiss his feet.
Seems like without God, there is nothing that we need to be saved from.
Fundies are just scared little wimps, too afraid not to believe.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52740 Mar 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
I've posted numerous times exactly how the science of mating behavior dictates marriage.
...and we laughed every time.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52741 Mar 4, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a scientific paper, it's an opinion piece.
If you think it's a scientific paper, then it's obvious you have no idea what science even is.
Where is the hypothesis. What was the experiment? What were the positive and negative controls?
Damn, you're dumb boy.
KiMerde is completely clueless about what constitutes a scientific study. He thinks if somebody has PhD after their name that every word they utter must be fact.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52742 Mar 4, 2014
There is encouraging news to be found in the midst of what is most assuredly a culture darkening and coarsening as it moves away from Christ. It’s difficult to discern the encouraging news because our dominant news disseminators obscure it, but it’s there. Perhaps this glimmer of light is what Russell Moore calls the “prophetic voice” of the church whose contours are illuminated more brightly when the darkness threatens to engulf.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52743 Mar 4, 2014
Here’s one of the glimmering tidbits of encouraging news: Former lesbian, atheist, and post-modern feminist professor Rosaria Butterfield spoke recently at a Wheaton College chapel service about her religious conversion and the subsequent (and ongoing) transformation of her life (She is now married with children). If that’s not encouraging enough, at the end of her testimony 2,000 college students gave her a standing ovation. That countercultural event should cause the most dispirited Christians to don their Ray-Bans.

Some Wheaton students who affirm anti-biblical beliefs about homosexuality staged a demonstration outside of the chapel service to protest Butterfield’s invitation. What warranted public notice, however, was not that some current or former Wheaton students who have drunk deeply from the slop trough of cultural relativism would abandon the teachings of Scripture, but that 2,000 young Christians who have been force-fed slop in their television shows, films, advertising, music, newspaper and magazine articles, and public schools would be able still to discern truth.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52744 Mar 4, 2014
And perhaps you missed the news about the organization Young Hoosiers for Marriage who earlier this month traveled 100 strong to the Indiana Statehouse to oppose the legal recognition of same-sex unions as marriages. This fledgling organization is composed of college students and young adults “who are committed to rebuilding culture to ensure that children are not intentionally deprived of a mother and a father.”

According to a survey from Wilson Perkins Allen Opinion Research, these young Hoosiers are not alone. This survey showed that 54 percent of Hoosiers between the ages of 18 to 34 support a proposed Indiana amendment defining marriage as a sexually complementary union.

For conservative Baby Boomers and their elderly parents who find it uncomfortable to express their moral and political beliefs on matters related to homosexuality, imagine how difficult it is for Gen Xers and Millennials.

Baby Boomers who claim a Christian identity may have long ago proved their countercultural bona fides (or boneheadedness) in the service of free love, but they’ve done little to model countercultural courage in the service of truth about sexuality since then. Part of the reason is our own ignorance, part is selfishness (Christian Boomers seem to have little interest in looking honestly at their own acquiescence to or participation in the unbiblical divorce culture or the fornication culture), but the primary reason for our silence is cowardice.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52745 Mar 4, 2014
We have modeled cowardly cultural conformity and thus helped create not just the sexual confusion and suffering such confusion entails, but also the oppressive climate our children and grandchildren will now inherit.

The encouraging news is some of our children and grandchildren will stand as watchmen on the walls. Let’s come alongside them. We owe them that, and we owe Christ so much more.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52746 Mar 4, 2014
Last week, America honored both the life and noble work of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., a Bible-believing Christian minister who did more to advance the cause of race-based civil rights than perhaps any other person in recent history.

Regrettably – and as they do each year – the same flock of opportunist “LGBT”-activist vultures quickly swooped in, picking the live flesh from MLK’s character-based “dream,” to advance their own behavior-based nightmare.

In what amounts to a sort of soft racism, this mostly white left-wing faction has, over the years, disingenuously and ignobly hitched its little pink wagon to a civil rights movement that, by contrast, is built upon the genuine and noble precepts of racial equality and humanitarian justice.

What was MLK’s position on the homosexual lifestyle and so-called “gay rights”? While he said little in public on the issue, what he did say made his viewpoint abundantly clear. Unlike the “LGBT” lobby, I’ll let Dr. King speak for himself.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52747 Mar 4, 2014
In 1958, while writing an advice column for Ebony Magazine, Dr. King responded to a young “gay” man looking for guidance. To avoid being accused of “cherry-picking,” here is the exchange in its entirety:

Question: My problem is different from the ones most people have. I am a boy, but I feel about boys the way I ought to feel about girls. I don’t want my parents to know about me. What can I do? Is there any place where I can go for help?

Answer: Your problem is not at all an uncommon one. However, it does require careful attention. The type of feeling that you have toward boys is probably not an innate tendency, but something that has been culturally acquired. Your reasons for adopting this habit have now been consciously suppressed or unconsciously repressed. Therefore, it is necessary to deal with this problem by getting back to some of the experiences and circumstances that led to the habit. In order to do this I would suggest that you see a good psychiatrist who can assist you in bringing to the forefront of conscience all of those experiences and circumstances that led to the habit. You are already on the right road toward a solution, since you honestly recognize the problem and have a desire to solve it.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52748 Mar 4, 2014
No amount of leftist spin can muddy Dr. King’s lucid position on the homosexual lifestyle. He recognized it as a “culturally acquired”“problem” in need of a “solution”– a “habit” stemming from a series of negative “experiences and circumstances.”

Although homosexual activists desperately cling to the fact that, after his death, Dr. King’s wife, Coretta Scott King, did voice some level of support for the homosexualist political agenda, the undeniable reality remains that, based upon his own words, Dr. King supported neither homosexual conduct nor “LGBT” political activism.

Indeed, it strains credulity to suggest that MLK would have thrown his weight behind a political movement hell-bent on justifying sexual appetites and behaviors that he properly identified as “a problem” demanding a “a solution”– a “type of feeling” that requires “careful attention”– up to and including “see[ing] a good psychiatrist.”

No, MLK was a Christian minister who both embraced and articulated the biblical “love the sinner, hate the sin” model on homosexuality. Every Christian should follow his lead. After all, it is the lead set by Christ Himself.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52749 Mar 4, 2014
Gary Glenn is a candidate for the Michigan State House. He is also president of the pro-family group AFA Michigan. Of Dr. King’s public position on homosexuality, Glenn recently noted a glaring – if not utterly twisted – irony:“If homosexual activists had been holding awards ceremonies back in 1958,” wrote Glenn,“they would have labeled Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. a bigot for his published views on homosexual attraction.

“And under today’s Orwellian ‘hate crimes’ laws in Britain and other countries of Europe,” he concluded,“Dr. King would have faced criminal investigation, or worse, for publicly expressing those views.”

Indeed, were he still alive today, and when judged against today’s empty, politically correct standards, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.– quite literally the “King” of civil rights – would be perpetually smeared as a “bigot,”“hater” and “homophobe” by the ever-”tolerant” left.

The polls are unequivocal. The vast majority of African-Americans resent the left’s comparison of sexual sin to the color of their skin. They understandably find such dishonest parallels both repugnant and highly offensive.

And well they should.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Capron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jeep's small models to soldier on Tue Jabba 5
Abolish Marengo Park District Staff & The Mayor Apr '16 Gil gray 1
News Rockford man gets 33 years in prison for armed ... Mar '16 Mo Fu 1
Be careful at the checkouts!!..SHOPKO (Dec '07) Mar '16 Dawg 12
News Boone County State's Attorney and Blackhawk Are... (Sep '12) Feb '16 Deigo 3
Poll How do you MOST remember Chris Martin, the murd... (Jul '12) Feb '16 Mogley 11
Debate: Ferguson - Capron, IL (Aug '14) Aug '14 Pontiac Illinois 1

Capron Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Capron Mortgages