Chemtool Coming to Boone County?

Full story: WIFR 7
Jobs to Boone County Five-hundred new jobs could be heading to Boone County. That's because one of the world's biggest manufacturers of industrial lubricants may be coming to town. Full Story
Cliff Stetter

Sardinia, OH

#1 Mar 12, 2007
While some may be concerned because the word chemical scares them, industrial development is EXACTLY what Boone county needs more of, and right now. Various types of development have no school load and generate large amounts of tax revenues. We need this type of development, along with retail and other types that do not burden our schools.

Before getting negative, let's give Chemtool a chance at being a good neighbor and contributor to our community.
Mike Hansen

Bethpage, NY

#2 Mar 13, 2007
You must be looking for a job....Let Crystal Lake keep them....or don't they want them anymore ?
This is a rural area....leave us alone....we like it like this. Typical of large companys wanting to barge in and ruin a nice area...raise the taxes....obviously the people for or against do not live here...if they did it wouldn't happen.
GET OUT AND BOTHER SOMEONE ELSE !!!!!!!!!!
LEAVE US ALONE !!!!!!
Chemtool Supporter

AOL

#3 Mar 27, 2007
w/e Mr. Hansen seriously look at your Garden Prarie, and see how many live in poverty there and surounding communities. Think of how many jobs Chemtool will open up and numerous lives changed. If Chemtool doesn't build there some other company will and chances are they won't give two shits about keeping you safe.
Jim Athens Victum

United States

#4 Dec 7, 2009
Chem-tool. My boyfriend and I were in a head-on car crash on the way home from Jim Athens Chem-tool. Seriously injured, by a 17 year old boy who stole his fathers pick-up truck. Mr. Athens PROMISED my boyfriend a job for life, gave his word, he said dont ever question your job here. Well after working for this man, and saving him thousands of dollars, and the accident occured, my boyfriend was fired. Jim Athens is a hotheaded man with a bad temper. He makes promises to innocent people who work for him, and hires and fires them and throws them on the street like common garbage. He may hire you and make you promises. He pays you so he can swear, demean, and yell at you. He takes the good american working mans pride away from them, and belittles them to boost his sick ego. I wouldnt ever work for chem-tool. If this man offers you a job, run from him. He is a liar, and will kick you and your pride to the curb. If you are loyal and lie for him, he will still kick you to the curb.. He should be ashamed of himself, but I guess the 48 million he has, he can sleep at night knowing how he hurts innocent families and people for his own gain.. He should go back to greece where he comes from... He also builds on his land in Rockton and dumps things illegally in the river, and thinks he is above the law.. I guess money does talk for Mr. Athens. I hope the man loses his millions, and has nothing, and see's what its like to struggle, and then try to do illegal things in that county and get away with it.. His money wont talk to the politicians anymore.. Sickens me that a man like that gets away with everything!!! He is a disgrace to the American Working Man!! Dont ever work for CHEM-TOOL or buy their products...
CHEMTOOL LIVE 4 EVER

United States

#5 Dec 27, 2013
Everything you said is not true he is a smart men with a big heart he is been helping a lot people ..
CHEMTOOL LIVE 4 EVER

United States

#6 Dec 27, 2013
Mr Jim don't worry for the people who tried to
Talk bad about I remember one day one of my friend told me about you help him with money when you find out his son was in the hospital also I work for Jim and
Everything I have in my life is because of him a have a betters life and I help also to a lot people around me I feel very proud to be a employee of Chemtool Inc.
I have a lot respect for Jim A he is a men who start
From zero and he believe in him he never give up
He deserve his millions he work. Very hard for it
I know he give money to charity and the most important thing he never forgot from where his parents come from Jim thanks for give the opportunity to work for you .
congratulations for your 50 year anniversary ....
Frank E

Schaumburg, IL

#7 Jul 11, 2014
Jim used to take his girlfriends to Bullwinkles in Algonquin during the nineties.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Capron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MCHS cheerleading Feb 24 concerned mother 1
Sheriff: $100,000 in drugs seized in Illinois raid Jan '15 b1legallady 2
Bond increased for Marengo woman in alleged car... Dec '14 loled 1
How do you MOST remember Chris Martin, the murd... (Jul '12) Nov '14 Mary Louise 7
McHenry County FreeCycle (Sep '08) Oct '14 mrsratkovic 4
Debate: Ferguson - Capron, IL (Aug '14) Aug '14 Pontiac Illinois 1
Capron Couple Wins $1M Lottery Ticket (Nov '13) Nov '13 line worker 1
Capron Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Capron People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report10:53 AM
5 Best Options to Replace A.J. Hawk This Offseason
Bleacher Report12:42 PM
Packers Could Target Maualuga or Draft LB to Replace Hawk
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 8:12 AM
Green Bay Packers: A Scout's Take on Stephone Anthony and Paul Dawson