'Frozen' Capitola murder case haunts ...

'Frozen' Capitola murder case haunts family, police

There are 40 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Oct 9, 2008, titled 'Frozen' Capitola murder case haunts family, police. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Nearly five years ago, Joseph Ray Morales was gunned down in front of his family's 30th Avenue apartment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Clock Strikes Twelve”

Since: Mar 08

SANTA CRUZ

#31 Oct 10, 2008
That's sad and a shame. Condolences, even years later.
CPD can't do anything other than hand out parking tickets on the Esplanade. A real police force will need to be brought in for a successful investigation.
scooterdude

San Francisco, CA

#32 Oct 10, 2008
I think I am missing the point too? I would think that this sort of approach, you know, having a gunman on our front door step could be avoided, by having a sort of a bullet proof "preview" area just in front of our front door...to get an idea of who is out there....steel security screen (bullet proof, knife proof) and maybe a digital camera lens embedded that takes a picture of our visitors.....Just thinkin', you know with harder times comin' and home invasions becoming more common....lets just not let this happen to us...cuz we can count on it more often nowdays.
okay

Princeton, WV

#33 Oct 10, 2008
dag wrote:
see that why they sell the gun and try to kill everyone who ever ... it increased .. i wish it has no gun ever periods ...
what are you trying to say? Guns don't kill people people do. Think it through. You won't be able to understand this anyway.
SVP

Oakland, CA

#34 Oct 10, 2008
SC County Dectives need to get off their high horses and solve some of these crimes. The number of unsolved murders in SC would shock you. Years ago the Sentinel did a report, listing each unsolved case. I wish they would do it again.
Bee

Oakland, CA

#35 Oct 10, 2008
DA's office doesn't give priority to Lantino homicides or any cold cases for that matter.
Yup

Santa Cruz, CA

#36 Oct 10, 2008
Was Morales a Northsider or Southsider?
Truth

United States

#37 Oct 10, 2008
Eric Lopez was horrible himself. He tried to stab one of my close friends at the movie theater amongst other things when he was younger and alive. Don't try to act like both of them weren't gang members. Eric had a big mouth, big enough that some random in Watson probably decided to shut it.

I'm not sure about Morales so I won't speak on that, but I didn't hear good things about him either. I knew one of his best friends' dad and he told me some things that I forgot. So yeah... just saying.
pitbull boy

Houston, TX

#38 Oct 10, 2008
Truth wrote:
Eric Lopez was horrible himself. He tried to stab one of my close friends at the movie theater amongst other things when he was younger and alive. Don't try to act like both of them weren't gang members. Eric had a big mouth, big enough that some random in Watson probably decided to shut it.
I'm not sure about Morales so I won't speak on that, but I didn't hear good things about him either. I knew one of his best friends' dad and he told me some things that I forgot. So yeah... just saying.
the halloween shooter , he is still on the hit list
Truth

United States

#39 Oct 11, 2008
Hit list? lol

Good job on it so far.
pitbull boy

Houston, TX

#41 Oct 13, 2008
Truth wrote:
Hit list? lol
Good job on it so far.
hits can be now,later,,, its when the time is right,,, that even means 10 years,,,,
Truth

United States

#42 Oct 17, 2008
pitbull boy wrote:
<quoted text>hits can be now,later,,, its when the time is right,,, that even means 10 years,,,,
By that you mean when he's unlucky enough for his car to break down on the wrong part of town?
ravenslight

San Francisco, CA

#44 Jan 17, 2009
Joseph Morales was a son,nephew, brother and friend that will always be missed. If you don't think that someone misses him every day, you've got it wrong. If everything was solved by shooting each other, the world would be less many people.

Who knows what would happen to Joe? Who knows what he would've become? Who knows because he was never given the change to prove he'd changed, grew up and became somebody. The killers robbed him and his family of that chance. The killers took away his future.

I know that someone knows who did it. I know that someone could come forward but is too scared to come forward. Just another reason why I won't step foot in Santa Cruz unless I have to.
Emperor Norton The Second

Santa Clara, CA

#45 Jan 19, 2009
Just ignore them. This is what the racists do when they are not showing off their microscopic genitalia to each other in a group setting.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you on here talking bad about other people? the topic is about a murder case it's not asking people to come here and bad talk people or to verbally abuse people by using racial remarks! the purpose of this article is to help find the 2 suspects who committed this crime. trash talking other people will get you no where!!!!!
R.I.P Joseph Ray Morales- we love & miss you!
cant believe this

San Francisco, CA

#46 Jan 22, 2009
p point wrote:
408 Glad your gone and stay gone,maybe you could make a visit sometime and pick up some trash like yourself and help keep SC clean you useless piece of work
Aren't you one to talk trash....what have you done lately? Enriched your life lately? Volunteered much? Become a better person? Prayed to God much?
Grown up much? How nice of you to say this to me.....in person.
SC-local

Santa Cruz, CA

#47 Aug 13, 2009
Joesph wasn't a bad guy, I went to school with him. Ya, he was loud but that doesn't give anyone one a reason to take his life. My heart goes out to his family. I really hope they catch who did this!
SC-local

Santa Cruz, CA

#48 Aug 13, 2009
ravenslight wrote:
Joseph Morales was a son,nephew, brother and friend that will always be missed. If you don't think that someone misses him every day, you've got it wrong. If everything was solved by shooting each other, the world would be less many people.
Who knows what would happen to Joe? Who knows what he would've become? Who knows because he was never given the change to prove he'd changed, grew up and became somebody. The killers robbed him and his family of that chance. The killers took away his future.
I know that someone knows who did it. I know that someone could come forward but is too scared to come forward. Just another reason why I won't step foot in Santa Cruz unless I have to.
He was a good guy, I knew he had changed. I had talked to him a few months before this happened and I was surpried by how much he had changed. I miss him.
Richard Roman

United States

#49 Sep 9, 2010
RIP ERICK LOPEZ its been 11 years. What ah trip it was just like last year we were just in school together.
831 SC Local

Santa Cruz, CA

#50 Oct 27, 2011
Joseph was indeed robbed of his future! He was not a gangbanger. He did get into ruble but who doesnít?? I just think that if you have negative feedback go away we are grieving enough over losing him, we donít need people here talking bad about anybody.Jospeh We love and mis you everyday!
831 SC Local

Santa Cruz, CA

#51 Oct 27, 2011
Somebody Please help us unsolve this case!!! The CPD have nothing and are calling it a cold case help me get this re opened!!
831 SC Local

Santa Cruz, CA

#52 Oct 27, 2011
SOLVE that is

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Capitola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hows the alcohol search going Tom ??? 16 min The Truth Hurts 20
The Jimmy Springer Show 3 hr Je Suis Peter Hertel 42
News Santa Cruz homeless services facing cuts 4 hr The Truth Hurts 88
Poll Who is the Biggest Crybaby on Topix? (Sep '12) 4 hr WooF 30
How's the job search going John 5 hr The Truth Hurts 3
FAT Pat should get a job at Chubbyland 6 hr WooF 3
News Live Oak woman arrested for hit-and-run that in... (Nov '09) 20 hr Joseph McCann-Ross 30
More from around the web

Capitola People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]