'Frozen' Capitola murder case haunts ...

'Frozen' Capitola murder case haunts family, police

There are 40 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Oct 9, 2008, titled 'Frozen' Capitola murder case haunts family, police. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Nearly five years ago, Joseph Ray Morales was gunned down in front of his family's 30th Avenue apartment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joser

United States

#1 Oct 9, 2008
the family should hire a psychic detective. im not kidding.
dag

San Mateo, CA

#2 Oct 9, 2008
see that why they sell the gun and try to kill everyone who ever ... it increased .. i wish it has no gun ever periods ...
John Boyd

San Jose, CA

#3 Oct 9, 2008
Hey man, live by the sword, die by the sword.
Billy

United States

#4 Oct 9, 2008
dag wrote:
see that why they sell the gun and try to kill everyone who ever ... it increased .. i wish it has no gun ever periods ...
Thats easy for you to say!
confused

Seaside, CA

#5 Oct 9, 2008
dag wrote:
In a single word...- WHAT????
Confused by your Engrish

United States

#6 Oct 9, 2008
dag wrote:
You not speak good Engrish so it had to make good sense ever always understand see good.....
SADOSOSAD

United States

#9 Oct 9, 2008
My heart goes out to this family for there loss, I remember this in the news. Lets get it back out there...somebody out there must know something...Don't stop until you get some information keep this going and hopefully you will find justice!
scsrufchick

San Francisco, CA

#15 Oct 9, 2008
408...good going ace....it's obvious that English is not your first language and if it is, then God bless you...for leaving cause there's enuf like you in the flats.....
Lynz B_SC Native

Watsonville, CA

#17 Oct 10, 2008
SANTA CRUZ 408 wrote:
<quoted text>
are you like retarded? i have a swastica tattoo on me im a white power rider dont ever call me a mexican u dumb fuggly prostitute
I'm beginning to think you must be kidding with all of this nonsense. Are you being satirical to prove a point? I hope that you are. I hate to think that there are really people out there as ignorant and crazed as you are. Get off your high, racist horse. Chances are you're of immigrant descent yourself. That is unless you are indigenous to North America, and in that case it means you're either Native American or MEXICAN !!!!

BTW, SC has been 831 for at least 10 years, if not longer.
Capitola

Santa Cruz, CA

#18 Oct 10, 2008
It happened in Capitola. That cuts the solve rate right in half to begin with.
scsrufchick

San Francisco, CA

#20 Oct 10, 2008
oh...and regarding 408..the white power rider with a swastica tattoo.....

oh yeah..now I KNOW we're glad you're gone! Just what SC needs...stupid little nazi's running all over town! LMFAO
ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Oct 10, 2008
Hello do any of your crazy people even realize what happend here?! I don't care if your white, mexican, or african.....that shouldnt make this ok! a young man was murdered and there still trying to solve this case, and all you guys can argue about is being a nazi or little mexico!!! give me a brake! and to you mexican haters......i think i recall a murder that occured last week by some white american......hmmmmm. why don't you bring that up?
look all i'm trying to say is that regardless of your race murders are still gonna occur!!!!! hello people open your freakn eyes!!!!
punk

Fremont, CA

#22 Oct 10, 2008
this kid was a punk and gang affiliated he had a bad attitude and a loud mouth he was far from being a good kid this happend in live oak the capitola police did not respond it was the sheriffs department he was well known to the law enforcement for his actions in live oak
Joe

Spring, TX

#23 Oct 10, 2008
You all make me sick. I am absolutely disgusted with these comments. YOU are the problem with this town. You poor poor ignorant people. Get a life ..or maybe just a heart.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Los Angeles, CA

#24 Oct 10, 2008
punk wrote:
this kid was a punk and gang affiliated he had a bad attitude and a loud mouth he was far from being a good kid this happend in live oak the capitola police did not respond it was the sheriffs department he was well known to the law enforcement for his actions in live oak
here we go again......you people still don't get it! just because he was "a loud mouth" that doesn't mean it's ok to go to his door step and kill him while his family is home! I personally think your a loud mouth but that doesn't mean i'm gonna go to your front door and kill you. come on people. open your freakn eyes!!!!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Oct 10, 2008
Joe wrote:
You all make me sick. I am absolutely disgusted with these comments. YOU are the problem with this town. You poor poor ignorant people. Get a life ..or maybe just a heart.
thank you! atleast somebody else here know's whats going on!!!!!!
Correction

Santa Cruz, CA

#26 Oct 10, 2008
punk wrote:
Nope.....it's a Capitola Police investigation start to....I would say finish but it's not over. This happened in the City of Capitola not live Oak
p point

Redding, CA

#27 Oct 10, 2008
408 Glad your gone and stay gone,maybe you could make a visit sometime and pick up some trash like yourself and help keep SC clean you useless piece of work

Since: Mar 08

Santa Cruz Ca

#28 Oct 10, 2008
Can we get back to the point of the article??

Joseph Morales may have or may not have been a gang member,but what happen to him and what his family is going through is sad.

What just because you have mexican haritage you must belong to a gang?

My heart goes out to the Joseph's family and friends. I know what it is like to lose a close family/friend and not have an answer to the case. My good friend Eric Lopez on gunned down on his front porch on 10/31/1999 and his case is also cold.

Oh one last thing before I go......

NOT ALL GANG MEMBERS ARE MEXICAN!!!

And I would like to see you white folk out there in the fields picking the fruit and veggies or working at the counter in McDonalds or any other fast food place.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Los Angeles, CA

#29 Oct 10, 2008
p point wrote:
408 Glad your gone and stay gone,maybe you could make a visit sometime and pick up some trash like yourself and help keep SC clean you useless piece of work
why are you on here talking bad about other people? the topic is about a murder case it's not asking people to come here and bad talk people or to verbally abuse people by using racial remarks! the purpose of this article is to help find the 2 suspects who committed this crime. trash talking other people will get you no where!!!!!
R.I.P Joseph Ray Morales- we love & miss you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Capitola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Highland Meadows Apartments (Apr '11) 5 hr HECTOR 1,387
News Woman testifies of hearing robbery plans (Mar '09) Mon Mariana Zavala 15
Missy Campbell at 4040 E. Piedmont Dr. Unit 72.... Sun MISSY DAWN CAMPBELL 18
News Epicenter blog: Umbrella Man sighting? (Feb '09) Apr 19 Chris 34
News Capitola extends red-light cameras on 41st Ave ... (Aug '17) Sep '17 done deal 3
News Street Smarts: Capitola traffic cam catches the... (Jul '10) Aug '17 1962 grand prix 35
News Suspect in Westside home invasion robbery arrested (May '09) Jul '17 Chuck 75

Capitola Jobs

Personal Finance

Capitola Mortgages