Cops and Courts: March 31, 2009

A badly decomposed body in a wetsuit was discovered floating in the water near Montara Beach on Monday afternoon by a fisherman, authorities said. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Steve Carr

Kalispell, MT

#28 Mar 31, 2009
The story about Rebecca Ekizian is a sad commentary about the justice system in general.

I am familiar with her as I had arrested her in the past. Her brother, John, brother, Michael, who had committed suicide some years ago, and her parents, both deceased, had been in and out of the criminal justice system for decades.

Her father, Armen, was a combat veteran from World War II but lived a drug/alcohol filled existence for many decades after the war.

I had arrested most of the family at one time
or another.

Rebecca needs to be locked up either in prison or a clean sober house for years.

There is an argument to be made about how silly and non-productive it is to legislate more "gun laws". The fact that Rebecca had three handguns on her person, and that she is legally prohibited to possess or even hold one, shows that even more guns laws would not have stopped her illegal possession of firearms.

I am happy that no one was shot, officers or civilians, by Rebecca. I am also pleased that the handguns were not stolen off of her person prior to the police arriving and securing her.

My respect for the Santa Cruz Police and Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Office, as well as the CHP and other county law enforcement agencies, is quite high.

I hope that the D.A.'s office will either imprison this violator or force her to live in a locked drug/alcohol rehab center for several years.

Sincerely,

Steve Carr, retired Santa Cruz County Deputy Sheriff and former Santa Cruz Police Officer

Whitefish, Montana
Publican

San Francisco, CA

#29 Mar 31, 2009
Thank god it's easy to get guns.
Karla Leggett

AOL

#30 Mar 31, 2009
Mr Carr why is it that while mentioning John's past you didn't mention how much different his life has been for the last 17 years. No drugs, no problems with the law. A tax paying citizen, who has worked with the kids at Juvinal hall to help change there lives, has a buisness and owns his own home. We are happy no one was shot either. Perhaps you arrested me back then as well..probably but I too have changed my life, is there nothing good about mentioning both sides of the coin. His father was not a drug addict, we took care of him for three years in our home until he passed away. John and I were young and stupid......now we are productive members of society
Vicki_Grilli

Redding, CA

#31 Mar 31, 2009
SantaCruzResident wrote:
That woman (?) is 42???? Now see what drugs do!! She looks older than my 67 yr old mother!!
Ya know, if I was you, I'd start running as fast as I could, cause yor mama, just read what you wrote and she's coming after you! For reals, Rebecca looks like she has been thru hell and back, twice and still living thru it! I hope she has a safe and sane place to stay now!
Informed Citizen

United States

#32 Mar 31, 2009
WATSONVILLE

Employees cited in alcohol-sales sting

Police Monday named the three people who allegedly sold alcohol to minors during a police sting Friday night.

Elizabeth Conteros, 22, a waitress at Jalisco's; Ivan Chable, 28, a manager at Pizza and Much More; and Ray Gafford, 52, a bartender at The Villager were all cited and fined for selling alcohol to minors between 8 and 9 p.m. Friday.

At six other Watsonville eateries and bars, employees chose not to serve minors alcohol during the Friday night operation. Those establishments were Cilantros, Applebee's, The Green Valley Grill, Wooden Nickel II, Popo's and El Alteno, police reported.

The busts were part of an ongoing grant-funded crackdown on alcohol sales to those who are underage. Earlier this month, police sent state Alcohol Beverage Control-trained decoys, who were underage, into stores to try to buy alcohol.

WHAT A F-EN WASTE OF OUR TAXES AND MONEY.

Since: Mar 09

Watsonville, CA

#33 Mar 31, 2009
Thats a face only a mother could love.
Jim

Danville, CA

#34 Mar 31, 2009
Why is it a waste of money ? If they sell the alcohol to minors and they go out and kill someone while driving drunk, guess who pays...the store/restaurant owner. This is being pro-active, instead of reactive which is usually after they have hurt themselves or others. Open your closed...and probably stoned eyes...I want it as tough as hell for my kids to by alcohol before they are supposed to.
steve carr

Kalispell, MT

#35 Apr 2, 2009
Dear Karla,

I am very pleased that you and John have turned you lives around.

I hope that you get this message as I sincerely mean it.

God Bless you both.

Steve Carr, retired Santa Cruz County Deputy Sheriff and Former Santa Cruz
Police Officer

Whitefish, Montana
karla

AOL

#38 Apr 3, 2009
thank you Steve
kathy andrews jauregui

Galt, CA

#39 Nov 25, 2012
Karla Leggett wrote:
Mr Carr why is it that while mentioning John's past you didn't mention how much different his life has been for the last 17 years. No drugs, no problems with the law. A tax paying citizen, who has worked with the kids at Juvinal hall to help change there lives, has a buisness and owns his own home. We are happy no one was shot either. Perhaps you arrested me back then as well..probably but I too have changed my life, is there nothing good about mentioning both sides of the coin. His father was not a drug addict, we took care of him for three years in our home until he passed away. John and I were young and stupid......now we are productive members of society
i would love to find john he is my cousin and would love to talk to him
kathy andrews jauregui

Galt, CA

#40 Nov 25, 2012
Hi I am John's cousin and would love to see him and know how he is doing. from your quotes it sounds amazing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Capitola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is John Colby suffering from delusions of relev... 30 min Word on the Street 17
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 31 min Butterflypie 7,953
$500K in donations remain in Santa Cruz police ... 1 hr Believable 3
For good laugh 1 hr DBS 91
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr brewed 5,070
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr sloop 200,940
Santa Cruz County celebrates new cyclist safety... 9 hr eliot radii 3
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Santa Cruz County was issued at September 17 at 4:47AM PDT

•••
•••
Capitola Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Capitola Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••