Daniel F. Kriege: Getting the desal f...

Daniel F. Kriege: Getting the desal facts straight

There are 1 comment on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Nov 24, 2012, titled Daniel F. Kriege: Getting the desal facts straight. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

In a recent op-ed piece, Paul Gratz went into an orgy of unaccountability. It appears that those against the Santa Cruz desalination project work very hard to demonize the Santa Barbara desal plant with a great deal of misinformation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Nov 25, 2012
There are several solutions that would put off the need for a centralized and expensive desal plant.

One is:

&fe ature=BFa&list=PL03C455D93 A95A9EA

Here on the central coast we have high humidity even on our driest days. This design could be adapted and modified for shady-side rooftop installation allowing for gravity feed from attic storage tanks, and powered by a couple of PV panels. More units could be added for each person in the household.

We could also easily design and write new building codes prohibiting flushing toilets with drinking water, and creating alternate used-water storage solely for this purpose.

We sorely need to rethink our habitual and outdated techs, especially when the thinking isn't really all that hard.

Loch Lomond also needs a second tier.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Capitola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DBS: Stop stalking and I will employ you (Sep '13) 2 hr Woof 174
Are the ColbyHOGS hoarders? 22 hr Woof 11
Get a job ya whackjob (Jun '15) 23 hr Woof 47
News Cops and Courts: May 15, 2016: Homeless man ran... Thu Woof 10
Best Website Ever (Jun '15) Wed Woof 14
News Bristol Palin says abstinence best path for teens (May '09) Wed jeremy75 2,649
Poll What does John Colby contribute to society? (Nov '15) Wed Ein Whackjob 72
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Capitola Mortgages