Sources Say Third Purported Victim of...

Sources Say Third Purported Victim of Physician Comes Forward

There are 48 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from Dec 6, 2007, titled Sources Say Third Purported Victim of Physician Comes Forward. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

PRINCE GEORGE'S CO., Md. -- Prince George's County Police sources tell 9NEWS NOW a third woman has come forward claiming she was sexually assaulted by a Capitol Heights physician.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

toni

Olathe, KS

#21 Dec 8, 2007
Money,money,money,These women know the Dr did nothing wrong,they just want to go to the civil courts and make money,we all know that,theres no criminality here,we are talking about a man who's been saving lives here and not some thug,the Prosecutor thinks he's got his big break,watch as a a la duke Lacross case unfold,good luck Dr Chigbue stay strong our brother.
POPE

AOL

#24 Dec 10, 2007
CAN YOU SAY CIVIL COURT AND LAWSUIT? Vote the procecuter out trying to grand stand. This is an innocent man. How in the hell is a man going to rape you in a closet size examining room? The examining bed is like 4 ft off the floor. He put his penis in a glove? He has access to condoms.
Did you here the alleged rape victim on the news? I really don't think you are his type. The bottom line is money. He is a man of great intergrity and professionlism. I known hundreds of people who are willing to testify for Dr. Chigbue.
How dare you humiliate and shame this fine doctor.
I support Dr Chigbue

AOL

#25 Dec 10, 2007
He is one on the best Internal Medcine Doctors we have in this area. My sisters and I have been going to his clinic for about 3 years. He is very professinal, and kind. He is serving the poor , working and middle class familes in the area. He treats everyone with great respect and honor. I can not belive these allegations. He is an attractive doctor . Maybe the woman came on to him. He rejected her.
sad

Shady Side, MD

#26 Dec 11, 2007
1. ABC you need to gety off of this site!! You downgraded me the other day when I was the ONLY ONE on the site who thought this whole thing sounded crazy. Now look at all of these people. He IS a good man and no he didn't feel me up or smile at me funny or even give me candy. He is a DOCTOR and EVERY TIME I was EVER in his office, he did his job. O can't say it did or didn't happen because I was NOT THERE! However I have known him sense he opened up his urgent care clinic and he has been nothing but professional. I hate to see his business go down over something like this. Is it possible the 2 girls know eachother? The first girl sent the second one in when she didn't get the attention she wanted?? Well I just don't know what to think. He is a good person and his staff (all females) has NEVER complained about him. All good people. Most of his staff has been with him sense day 1. Why would these FEMALES continue to work for a man if they thought he could do something like that?? I mean really.... I am sure that when he got arrested this was not the first his staff had heard of this. For the one who saidf he looks like the type of doctor who would do that....please tell me....what do sexual preditors look like?? He is an attractive clean cut man. The picture they are showing is of a man who has probably been crying....cant see his wife or child as the holidays pass us by....watching his career go down the toilet. For the first girl who waited a month to call....ugh. Questionable... The second girl....either friends with the first girl or if he really did hurt her, she at least did the smart thing. I am going to pray for all involved.
My Doctor My Brother

Washington, DC

#27 Dec 13, 2007
Jugde Ye not so Ye be not Judged! I immediately prayed for Dr. Chigbue and his family. I am also a patient and he has never examined me without a female in the room. I'm fifty years old and no male doctor has examined me without a female in the room. So I can't understand what happened. We don't have all the facts. For those of us who know him, and have been his patients, we know him as a caring, professional. For those of you who don't, how can you judge him and call him call him names.
Ruth T

Potomac, MD

#28 Dec 13, 2007
As a patient of Dr. Brian A. Chigbue, I strongly believe that Dr. Chigbue is falsly accused. I will continue to be his patient. I love him as my son and I will support him 100 percent. There are too many unanswer questions. The stories so far do not add up. I hope that he is back in practice very soon, because the community need a docter like him, because he is fulfilling God's purpose for his life. I say to his wife, support your husband and stand by him. You know what kind of man that he is. He truly loved you and his son, Eli and I do not believe that he would hurt the two of you and ruin his career for a few moments of pleasure. I am praying for You, Dr. Chigbue and your family. May God continue to bless you.
jessica

Fishers, IN

#29 Dec 18, 2007
toni wrote:
It still doesn't add up.
i agree. i know dr.chigbue as well as his family. something is not right. i believe he is innocent. he is a very kind and generous man and a great doctor. i can only hope they realize the wrong doing before his life is completely ruined.
Relative

Nigeria

#30 Dec 20, 2007
Reading some of these comments brought me to tears. Brian is one of the kindest, most gentle souls one is ever likely to come across. Brian flew on his own expense to do charity work in the UK for many summers. That is not the profile of a would-be rapist. I could write so many other reasons as to why these allegations are so untrue. I shall let Brian know that he has not lost the confidence of his other patients and friends. In court, the truth will be revealed.

Since: Dec 07

Upper Marlboro Md

#31 Dec 20, 2007
Relative, Please do...Let Dr.Chigabue that Devita said hello, and that I can't wait until all of this is over..My mom and I REFUSE TO GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR.....

He is definitely in my thoughts, and prayers!
KAE

Washington, DC

#32 Dec 20, 2007
Relative, PLEASE,PLEASE let Dr. Chigbue know that Miss Ford has him and his family in my prayers EVERYDAY!!!! He has been the best Dr. to me!! I have been his patient since 2003. I just got a job with health insurance this year.I am a very severe asthmatic and I get pneumonia and upper respiratory infections frequently. Prior to getting health insurance, Dr. Chigbue always gave me samples of medicines and treatments in his office to save me money on expensive prescriptions. Even after I got insurance he gave me samples that he knew my insurance would have me pay a large co-pay for. He has ALWAYS been respectful, professional and caring. I support him 100%.He is a man of great intergrity and professionalism. He is a man of GOD serving the community. I hope that he is back in practice very soon because the community needs him.
I support the victims

United States

#33 Jan 1, 2008
Sometimes good people do questionable things. I've been a patient of Dr Brian for years. He's a very kind person but he has touched me innapropriately and passed innapropriate comments to me on several occassions. I initially thought it was my imagination. I mentioned it to my sister and boyfriend way before this case broke. I was watching the news the night after he was arrested and was truly amazed to see him on the news. I know for a fact the allegations are true from first hand experience. I'm staying ananymous cause I don't want no part of it but I googled him and when I saw these comments where people were making the wrong assumptions about the victims I has to say something. Do we hate ourselves so much that when we hear a sista say something we always assume its a lie. He examined me on more than one occasion without an assistant in the room. Yes perhaps I should have said something but he was my Dr for years so I trusted him. Sometimes good people do bad things. Not everyone that commits a crime is an evil person we all fall short. And for the patients that put so much trust in him a theif doesn't rob everyone a murder doesn't murder everyone. Not because he didn't do it to you means it didn't happen.
Prayer Changes Things

Detroit, MI

#34 Jan 7, 2008
I have known Dr. Chigbue for 4 years and have found him to be friendly and caring. As a professional, he ensure that all my medical needs were met. I honestly can not say what happened, but to all involved . . . pray like you have never prayed before. God hears and answers prayers. . .even if the answer is --no. If true, pray that God guides him to a place where he gets the help he needs and that his family become strong enough to pull through. If this is false, this is a look into the hearts of those around us. It is a very evil thing to do anyone; therefore, we pray that the truth will come out and what ever healing is needed for all parties is recieved and wounds are healed. Amen
Ms Stokes

United States

#35 Jan 14, 2008
Dr. Brian, as I call him, has been nothing but a wonderful doctor and asset to our community. He has been seeing me and my children for the past four years and has always been the utmost professional. He seems to genuinely care about his patience and know them by name. The bible says that the love of money is the root of all evil, and we know that people will do anything for the almighty dollar, including smearing someone name in hopes of a civil law suit. Stay strong Dr. Brian, those of us who know you will never believe you to be capable of such things. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Teresa Osman

AOL

#36 Jan 16, 2008
Dr. Chigbue, I am praying for you. I know you are innocent. Our family need you. All of this tribulation will soon pass. I will wait for you to become our urgent care doctor again. We love love you.

The Osman family
Christine

Capitol Heights, MD

#37 Jan 19, 2008
I feel you, he is my doctor too, and I am just finding out about this 2 days ago. I DO NOT IN ANY WAY BELIEVE HE IS GUILTY OF THIS! He is a religious man who always used utmost professionalism in his practice. I believe it is about money. Hope that is they are lying, they can live with themselves. Stay strong Dr. Chigbue!
mae wrote:
Dr. Chigbue is my doctor and I find this difficult to believe. He is extremely professional and has been my doctor for over two years. This doesn't add up.
Christine

Capitol Heights, MD

#38 Jan 19, 2008
I stand in agreement with you Teresa.
Teresa Osman wrote:
Dr. Chigbue, I am praying for you. I know you are innocent. Our family need you. All of this tribulation will soon pass. I will wait for you to become our urgent care doctor again. We love love you.
The Osman family
Christine

Capitol Heights, MD

#39 Jan 19, 2008
Like you, he has been my doctor for about 4-5 years, I feel in my heart that he didn't do this...I will continue to pray.
Prayer Changes Things wrote:
I have known Dr. Chigbue for 4 years and have found him to be friendly and caring. As a professional, he ensure that all my medical needs were met. I honestly can not say what happened, but to all involved ... pray like you have never prayed before. God hears and answers prayers...even if the answer is --no. If true, pray that God guides him to a place where he gets the help he needs and that his family become strong enough to pull through. If this is false, this is a look into the hearts of those around us. It is a very evil thing to do anyone; therefore, we pray that the truth will come out and what ever healing is needed for all parties is recieved and wounds are healed. Amen
Christine

Capitol Heights, MD

#40 Jan 19, 2008
Let me ask this of you, does saying inappropriate things mean attempted rape or sexual harassment? Maybe these victims were angry. I am not saying who is right or wrong, but I pray that he didn't do either. Oh, sorry for what you went through...
I support the victims wrote:
Sometimes good people do questionable things. I've been a patient of Dr Brian for years. He's a very kind person but he has touched me innapropriately and passed innapropriate comments to me on several occassions. I initially thought it was my imagination. I mentioned it to my sister and boyfriend way before this case broke. I was watching the news the night after he was arrested and was truly amazed to see him on the news. I know for a fact the allegations are true from first hand experience. I'm staying ananymous cause I don't want no part of it but I googled him and when I saw these comments where people were making the wrong assumptions about the victims I has to say something. Do we hate ourselves so much that when we hear a sista say something we always assume its a lie. He examined me on more than one occasion without an assistant in the room. Yes perhaps I should have said something but he was my Dr for years so I trusted him. Sometimes good people do bad things. Not everyone that commits a crime is an evil person we all fall short. And for the patients that put so much trust in him a theif doesn't rob everyone a murder doesn't murder everyone. Not because he didn't do it to you means it didn't happen.
Christine

Capitol Heights, MD

#41 Jan 19, 2008
Well, I have been examined many times w/o a female in the room, and he NEVER tried anything. We always talked about church. He never made comments, always acted real professional.
My Doctor My Brother wrote:
Jugde Ye not so Ye be not Judged! I immediately prayed for Dr. Chigbue and his family. I am also a patient and he has never examined me without a female in the room. I'm fifty years old and no male doctor has examined me without a female in the room. So I can't understand what happened. We don't have all the facts. For those of us who know him, and have been his patients, we know him as a caring, professional. For those of you who don't, how can you judge him and call him call him names.

“Graduate Student Class of 2008”

Since: Jan 08

The Bronx

#42 Jan 20, 2008
And tell him Christine said she is praying for him as well. Does anyone know when the court date is? I would like to go and show my support. Hang in there Dr. Chigbue, be strong, and pray!
Devita wrote:
Relative, Please do...Let Dr.Chigabue that Devita said hello, and that I can't wait until all of this is over..My mom and I REFUSE TO GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR.....
He is definitely in my thoughts, and prayers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Capitol Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get rid of the Chief of Police in Fairmount Hei... May 29 Fairmount Heights... 1
fairmount heights police May '17 Fairmount Heights... 1
News new Teen girl IDa d as victim in fatal Forestvi... May '17 mack 1
Camera tickets on Addison Rd and MLK Ave, seat ... Apr '17 Madmax 1
News Suitland man identified as victim of fatal shoo... Mar '17 kendale west 1
News Two young children critically wounded in Prince... Mar '17 ROME 1
News 3 Men Shot on Route 50 in Prince George's Count... Feb '17 joe 1

Capitol Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Capitol Heights Mortgages